Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
sunrei Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Well, folcs, there you have it.

Now that the credits are rolling, I would like to open the floor for comments, complaints, congratulatory remarks and the like smile

I must admit that the second half of the story was harder to write because it was all about metamorphosis and maturity. We have to remember where those crazy kids came from... and personally, I don't think Clark was all that bad in the beginning- given what he had to put up with. Sometimes, people just bring out the best in one another... that is, after they get past the part where they bring out the worst.

Also, pleading the case of the lovebirds here- they did spend quite a bit of time apart.

Ok, the case is closed. Hope you had as much fun as I did!

~s

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
Ah! That was a fantastic ending! I was a bit worried there in the previous chapter, but you did amazingly with this!

I love Clark's approach here. It was a very unique way of doing things, and it was fun to see how it played out.

You have given this story a lot of enjoyable little touches all over the place (like with Lois investing in Martha's business and the resultant shampoo smell residue), and it has really made this very fun to read! Thank you for this story! laugh

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
What a surprising and very satisfying ending! The Lois and Clark soulmate bond comes through in the end. Gotta love the way Lois couldn't help kissing Clark when her mind told her she ought to push him away!

You are right, both Lois and Clark were really messed-up individuals before they met each other and had their soulmate bond working its magic on them. Thank you for this unique take on what makes Lois and Clark so incredibly special.

Ann

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
She pulled out her lockpick kit—something that had come in handy when dealing with Lola—and made quick work of the door.
clap

“No… No… that’s… That’s a man in a cape!”
confused Why did he wait for more than a year to make his debut?

This was a nice, sweet, and fitting ending. I would, how ever, have loved lot's more detail (read: Lois/Clark banter) blush

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Beat Reporter
Online Content
Beat Reporter
Great story! I could quote pretty much everything from the moment he shows up in her balcony. So I'm just going to go for this instead (couldn't help laughing!)

“Ladies and gentlemen, we just received word that Oceanic Air Flight 815 out of Sidney has reported landing gear failure on its descent into Los Angeles. The flight crew has informed the tower of its distress and is going to attempt to halt its descent in order to use up fuel. The video to your right is the scene at LAX where officials are… Wait… is that a bird?”
So you just closed your story and prevented Lost from ever happening? :p

Thanks for the fun ride!

Cris
Top Banana
Top Banana
This was SO good.

It’s funny. In my feedback to Part 14, I said
I wish they were moving forward together (and I wish I knew if Lois longed for Clark as much as he does for her) but unless there is some serious magic in the last part, I have a feeling that they will be moving on alone. At least they will be alone for now. That leaves me sad, but we can't always have exactly what we want.
When I finished the story, I had to laugh. Maybe we can’t always have exactly what we want… but apparently, sometimes we can.

As much as I loved this, I would love to have seen the first “official” media interview with Lois and Clark as a couple after they went public with their marriage. With the history they were carrying, it would have been great.

Anyway, this was very good. It was on hiatus for so long that I was afraid that you might not be back to finish it. I’m VERY glad that you did.

Bob

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
great story! wish we could've seen more of them together though, but it ended well!! come back and write more soon! please!

T
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
T
Wow. It took a long time for these two to finally get together. I thought Clark was going to spill the super-beans when he jumped off her balcony. And his three points were really good, too. I liked how he explained both himself and herself and merged the explanation into themselves.

And although I didn't mention it before, I enjoyed the tidbits about Clark's college days. Did he go on to finish his degree? If so, is he still working as an entertainment reporter? I assume that they're married, although you didn't specify, so will Clois take its place in the celebrity pantheon alongside Brangelina and others of that ilk?

I still wish you'd told us more about Ellen. I find myself wanting to know more about her career (although you did explain why Lois was doing those pop-up concerts) and more about her life with Sam and Lois. In some ways, she's the driving force behind everything that happened in this story. If not for the pressure of her memory, there would never have been a Lola Dakota, never have been a need for Lois to detox on the Kent farm, and Lois wouldn't have needed that attitude adjustment. Maybe you could give us a prequel involving Ellen? Pretty please?

I liked the way you used Chloe here, too. She turned out to the be the friend both Clark and Lois needed. i hope she's still in their lives now. Maybe she even knows "The Secret" and will help to provide cover for Clark's super-feats.

The whole story has a kind of gritty-fairytale atmosphere, with the star-crossed lovers and the seeming betrayals on all sides and secrets and pining for lost loved ones and hiding from who we really are. It was realistic (well, as realistic as an alien with super-powers living on a farm can be) and funny and tender and a great read. Thank you. This was truly and excellent story, Sunrei. I look forward to many more wonderful tales from your word processor.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
sunrei Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the comments.

Wow. It took a long time for these two to finally get together. I thought Clark was going to spill the super-beans when he jumped off her balcony.
I had to keep myself from responding to the last few chapters fdk because *I* would have been the one spilling the super beans.

I knew from the start that it wasn't going to be a quick fix to get these two to come from their two extremes to meet in the middle. While Lois's duality was obviously on the surface, the truth was that they both were dealing with surface *and* underlying identity issues. Usually we in ficdom deal with Clark's identity(ies) and how that mentally affects him and everyone around them. Anyway, I love taking outlandish premises and seeing what I can do with them... and Lois as a Hannah Montana-esque character? Definitely out there.

Did he go on to finish his degree? If so, is he still working as an entertainment reporter? I assume that they're married, although you didn't specify, so will Clois take its place in the celebrity pantheon alongside Brangelina and others of that ilk?
I figured that since they waited at least a year before they revealed their relationship, he had time to finish his degree. (Clark was a junior class wise in the last chapter and the epilogue really doesn't define how long after the hotel meeting the Supes debut takes place.) As Tess said, the entertainment reporter gig was a way into the news game. I doubt he'd stay in it.

wish we could've seen more of them together though, but it ended well!!
Well, they were together for about 75%, so that counts right?

When I finished the story, I had to laugh. Maybe we can’t always have exactly what we want… but apparently, sometimes we can.
Yeah, that was one of those times when I had to bite my tongue because any answer would have spoiled the ending.

So you just closed your story and prevented Lost from ever happening?
Who knows which Lost-verse that was. If I could have prevented the way Lost ended that would be aces- anyway, this is probably the closest I'd ever get to writing a Lost fic, lol. Superman needed a debut and I had a plane, so my muse said "Why not make it an interesting plane?"

Why did he wait for more than a year to make his debut?
I figure he had to finish school, figure out the whole paparazzi strategy, and that he and Lois needed some private time wink ...That, and whatever other reason sounds good.

What a surprising and very satisfying ending! The Lois and Clark soulmate bond comes through in the end. Gotta love the way Lois couldn't help kissing Clark when her mind told her she ought to push him away!
I'm glad the ending worked! Everyone was getting so depressed and sad that I was tempted to call in Dr. Friskin. And what role-reversal would be complete without Lois being the one to counter the babble with a kiss?

You have given this story a lot of enjoyable little touches all over the place (like with Lois investing in Martha's business and the resultant shampoo smell residue), and it has really made this very fun to read!
Glad you enjoyed that. Sometimes it's hard to hit on every stray topic that comes into play, but I try to at least touch them.

Once again thanks for the feedback- I wouldn't have been enticed to finish if it hadn't been for your encouragement.

*me takes a bow*

~sonia

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Sorry the fdbck has been slim. Lately I've been uncharacteristically quiet. Anywho, I wanted to say thank you for writing this.

Elisabeth

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard