Next Thread
Print Thread
A
anonpip Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
A
It's a little scary posting something that I hadn't really liked the first time I wrote it, so please be kind. Or honest (as long as honest doesn't involve thrown tomatoes).

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Interesting concept. I think Lara Moon will like it. Nice job. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I just wanted to say I liked this story. I can imagine How Clark must have felt to find out his good friend is his brother.

"We've been sitting here all night and the longest conversation you've had with a woman was when your mom called."
Leonard to Howard: The Big Bang Theory
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Nice ending. I'm glad that Bruce found joy instead of grief.

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
How refreshing to have a story from Jonathan's POV. You pulled it off nicely. smile

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
}Sniff{

Beautiful story.

Lovely approach.

Brilliant.

The only thing that seemed really rough to me was how they found the baby. Martha seemed like she wanted to get it over with. And Jonathan seemed to go along with it too easily.

Other than that, it was well executed.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
A
anonpip Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
A
Thank you all for the comments! I'm so glad this wasn't a royal failure. smile1

Thanks, Laura! Actually the original piece was written for Lara Moon.

countrygurl - Thanks! Yes, that is one area I didn't explore - how all of this made Clark feel. I did touch on how Bruce felt, but that was mainly in relation to Martha, which I would expect would be the bigger deal for him. I'm sure Clark has some mixed feelings - finding out his mother had another life he never knew about may make him a little sad, but he's Clark - so I imagine he'd get over that and deal with finding out his friend is really his brother.

Thanks, Elisabeth!

Thanks, Lynn! I was worried about that - a lot. I found it difficult enough to do a story from Martha's POV, but Jonathan seemed really hard. Probably why the first version was so awful. Glad to hear I managed to do it in the end.

Thanks, James! I'm not sure if this is clear or not, but we only see part of what happens when they find Clark. They continue to argue about it after the end of what I wrote. So, Jonathan didn't go along with it quite as easily as it may have seemed.

Thanks again for all the comments!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard