Next Thread
Print Thread
#71987 06/04/10 01:34 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
This is for all those lovely FDKers who asked for more quickly. smile

Preview of 18 ...

Clark merely nodded, awe-struck again by how incredibly beautiful Lois was. Right now, he didn't want to play football this afternoon; he didn't want to drive back to the city and then to the ground. All he wanted was to be with Lois. He took a deep breath.

"Lois?" he said.

"Yes?"

"Would you go out with me?"
laugh

Thanks,

Corrina.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
WOW! Ask and you shall receive. Just great, Corinna.
cool
Artemis smile1 smile1

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Awesome! You made my day! A zillion thank you's.
thumbsup

And now I am looking forward to the next part... where is Lois taking Clark, and how will the game go? Brilliant!

notworthy

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
... oh, and another great teaser BTW.

smile

Top Banana
Top Banana
Ahhh... Just so you know, I have been following this wonderful story. I've finally graduated from graduate school and can actually leave feedback. This was one of my reprieves from the nursing books! Thank you for the distraction when I needed one! wink

I was so sure that Lois would be at Clark's apartment when he got back from Metropolis, demanding answers. I am glad to know that Dan is fascinated with Mayson Bimbo Drake and will maybe stay in Metropolis so that Clark can stay in Australia with Lois. laugh And then you tease us with Chapter 18... Bring it on!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
There's nothing like a good book, Lois! smile

I love this story...I was so happy to see another part so quickly!

I just hope that teaser isn't the cliffhanger of part 18.

smile Amber

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
awwwwwwwwww sssssssssooooooooo cute.
I'm loving this side of Lois

thx for the insight of how Lois' feelings towards Clark

Can't wait to see what the surprise will be.....

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
This is indeed a lovely portrait of Lois. She isn't being bitchy at all. (And personally I thought that First Season Lois really was too bitchy. I don't think of Lois like that.)

This Lois is so much more delightful. She is very much in love with Clark, but she isn't angry with him. She is mystified by him, though, and probably a little bit irritated as well. I loved this aspect of investigative Lois:

Lois had mulled long over what he could possibly be hiding. She had considered drugs. That would explain his sudden need to be alone.

But when he'd been in the footy jumper, she had conducted a diligent exploration of his amazing arms, and she was sure they bore no signs of drug abuse.
thumbsup clap

I loved that she asked him about Mayson, too. This was delightful:

Clark turned directly to her, and his eyes centred in hers, causing her heart to leap. "Mayson Drake means nothing to me beyond being a colleague," he said firmly. "And that is never going to change."

His eyes held her captive for a long moment. His gaze was steady, unflinching, direct ... soft ... eloquent. And the message it carried utterly crumbled every one of Lois's carefully created barriers.
Aawwwwww!!!!! sloppy

Clark stood up, wishing he could speak from his heart.

Everything.

But he couldn't.

Not in the middle of a work day.
Okay. So ask her for a date, then. Or get her to see the sequel to that Man from the Mountain movie with you. Then tell her.

Not when Lois had given no hint that she wanted more than friendship.
First of all, she has given you hints that she want more than friendship with you. Why else would she have asked you so many questions about your feelings for Mayson Drake? And how much have you told her about your feelings for her?

If you want even friendship with her, you shouldn't ditch her the way you did with no explanation, when you had to fly off to be Superman the other day. Tell her!

And Corrina, I loved this:

She felt as if he were a good book - just waiting to be opened. A book with a gorgeous cover ... a book that promised so much more.

And ... despite warning herself over and over and over again ... she just couldn't believe that the book wouldn't be as good as the cover promised.

And there was the problem.

She wanted to open the book.

She *so* wanted to open the book.

But did she dare?
I love that!

Very much looking forward to the next chapter!

Ann

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Yeah, you posted! dance So happy that you followed my request for Saturday and Saturday morning your time follows my definition of "soon"!

Excellently written chapter especially with the insight to Lois' feelings re Clark.

Great teaser you posted - hope Lois' answer will be in the following part too! (since you have a habit of cutting the chapters just when it gets really interesting)

Looking very much forward to the next part and the actual date because Lois just cannot say no smile

S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
A good comb and a dash of Old Spice should do it for ya Clark. How can Lois possibly resist?

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Oh, I fully expect Hawk's teaser to be at the end of the next instalment since she has shown herself to be quite adept at cliffhangers.

I like how this Lois has a broken family past, and it seems like she has had problems with men in the past also, but she's not quite so defensive and stand offish. She's still friendly with the new guy and able to socially interact with her colleagues even if they can't be considered good friends.

I do think Clark is coming up against a problem with his dual identity with Lois. I don't know how long he can 'put off' a reasonable explanation for his behavior without causing serious damage to his relationship with Lois. Luckily, he doesn't know about Lois' own conflicted feelings for him or he might be more prone to 'hide' himself from her longer than logic suggests.

But then this is Clark, and he has never been very smart about how and to who he shares his secret.

I think that this 'game' the Clark is being forced into is going to be some sort of catalyst for many aspects of what will be between Lois and Clark; be it for good or not so good.

Tank (who expects Hawk to drag out the angst of misunderstanding between Lois and Clark just to aggrivate the gentle readers... a tried and true tradition of L&C fics)

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Corrina wave

Firstly, he looked so incredibly good. And Lois knew from experience that good-looking men were only interested in beautiful women. Usually, their tastes ran to a plethora of model-types - and all at once.
And we all know, that Lois is to Clark all of the models put into a blender laugh

So, he'd wanted to be alone ... to ring Mayson and beg her to
run close to the story and do everything to get a first-hand look at bomb.

Lois decided to plunge in. "Is Mayson your girlfriend?"

An unreadable expression flitted across his face. "No."

"Do you wish she was your girlfriend?"
Ewww, nooo!

"You can't imagine how bad it was," Lois said darkly. Her expression cleared. "So this morning was payback. And he deserved every bit of it."
Oh, boy clap

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Thanks for the FDK!

I don't have time for proper replies right now, but I would like to state that the preview for 18 happens about 1/2 of the way through the part.

However, it is a very long part, so I could cut it in two if you'd like ... wink

Corrina.

Top Banana
Top Banana
NO! Do not cut it in half!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
awesome part - and more is always better, right?

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Thanks, Artemis!

Elizabeth Where Lois is taking Clark is in 18. You'll have to wait for 19 to find out about the game.

Thanks for your FDK!

Sheila Thanks for letting me know you've been reading. I'm glad I was able to provide a distraction for you.

Interesting re Clark staying in Melbourne. I thought that if I *stole* him permanently, people might find that too different from canon. I've been surprised by how many have suggested that the way for Lois and Clark to be together is make Clark an Aussie!

Amber Thanks. I'm glad you liked the book analogy!

Seme

I'm loving this side of Lois
This also has surprised me. I thought people would protest her lack of fire. Although, I think she does still have fire, but it's more of a warm glow than a raging bushfire.

Thanks.

Ann See comments above. I realise that this Lois is not much like S1 Lois, but I didn't want this fic to be ansty like that. I'm glad you're enjoying a more easy going Lois.

Thanks for all your comments.

DW Thanks. I deliberately kept Lois's feelings vague for a long time. Now you've seen more from her POV - so hopefully some questions are getting answered.

SJH Lois will face the same decision she always faces - the attraction she feels for Clark vs not wanting to get hurt again. And, she will, eventually, make the right choice!

Tank Actually, IMO, the misunderstanding isn't going to be dragged out too much at all - certainly it will be sorted long before the end of the fic.

Much of what you say will be addressed - the question is 'how?' laugh

Thanks.

Michael

run close to the story and do everything to get a first-hand look at bomb.
You don't like Mayson much, do you Michael? That could be good - you won't protest when I ... spider with her!

Thanks, Michael.

Sheila I didn't cut it in half. It was tempting though ...

Sarah Thanks!

Corrina.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I was surprised to read your comment:
Interesting re Clark staying in Melbourne. I thought that if I *stole* him permanently, people might find that too different from canon.
I don't see any problem with it; we've had them living all over the place in other alternate stories. I think it's great fun and looking forward to how they work everything out, but know that even for a superhero, living/working on another continent from Lois is still going to be hard to manage. Can't wait to see how you have them deal with it either way. hyper

EvelynC
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You don't like Mayson much, do you Michael?
What can I say? She does sound like she's Lois's love-child with Lex help

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Evelyn With so much of this fic different from canon, I was keen not to change anything that didn't need to be changed.

Clark Kent/Superman will be returned to Metropolis, relatively unharmed. I'm just borrowing him for a while!

Michael I thought Lois's character teetered right on the border of nastiness/get the story at *any* cost (particularly S1), but was saved from it because we saw her caring, softer side. In this fic, Mayson is Lois without any compassion or ethics. And that's never going to be pretty!

Corrina.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Female Hawk:
In this fic, Mayson is Lois without any compassion or ethics. And that's never going to be pretty!
*cackles with glee*

Michael

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard