Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#71917 06/01/10 07:08 AM
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
At
Lois wedged the box down firmly in her lap and against Superman's side so that it wasn't likely to slip if her grip on it relaxed. His shoulder was looking more and more tempting by the second. After a few second's deliberation, she rested her head against the smudged blue spandex and closed her eyes.
The text then repeats from
Ten minutes later, Lois drew up by the elevator. She braked with a screech of tires, jumped off the forklift and pressed the call button with unnecessary emphasis. Darn Clark anyway! He must know that she would be worried about him. If he was all right, why didn't he show up and let her know?

#71918 06/01/10 08:01 AM
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Oops, sorry. I was trying to edit and was being rushed and didn't get rid of all the previous text. I'll fix it.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
#71919 06/01/10 09:17 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yay, update clap

The car was apparently not far away for the doors slid silently open in under a minute and Lois peered inside. The car was carpeted with the kind of rug that you could lose your feet in,
Clue!

His eyebrows flew up. "How did you know about the Kryptonite in Smallville?"

"I've got a brain," she said shortly.
BOy, tired Lois sure is a strain even on steel laugh

Looking forward to the epilogue jump

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#71920 06/01/10 04:32 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"Just one thing," Henderson said. "How did you and Superman happen to arrive so conveniently?"

"We followed you," Lois said, looking past Henderson through the door from which they had just come.

"Why did you follow us, and how?" Henderson pursued. "And for that matter --"

"Look," Lois interrupted, "can't this wait? I'll answer all your questions later. I've got something else to do right now."
There's that Henderson! Always asking those annoying questions, because he notices things. Even things that you'd rather he not notice. I love how you work Henderson into so many of your fics. In my opinion, he's an under-used character. I'd like to see more of him. Nan, you're doing your part!

And then her glaze fell on what appeared to be some kind of old-fashioned jewelry box, encrusted with what looked very much like rubies. Cautiously, she picked it up.

It was surprisingly heavy, and the silvery metal in which the stones were set could very well be lead.
Why would Lex have a lead box encrusted with rubies? (Because I'm sure they would be rubies, and not some lesser stone, like garnet.) Is this going to be important? Is it a missing art treasure? Should I recognize it from your description (darn it that I skipped art appreciation that day!)

"Someday you're going to have to explain why I was able to do without your help for so long."
I love this line!

#71921 06/01/10 04:38 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great windup. Can't wait for the epilogue.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
#71922 06/01/10 07:13 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Nan, how can this possibly be 12 of 12? There has to be more to this!

Okay, so there's an epilogue but still. With this:
He settled gracefully down onto the balcony and lifted her effortlessly in his arms. "Someday you're going to have to explain why I was able to do without your help for so long."

"I can't figure it out either," Lois said
and this:
His shoulder was looking more and more tempting by the second. After a few second's deliberation, she rested her head against the smudged blue spandex and closed her eyes.
right at the end of this part, how can there only be an epilogue left?

Please make it a BIG one or if not, can it be one that serves as a transition to the next major part of the story?

Bob

#71923 06/03/10 09:13 PM
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Envision evil laughter here, Bob. laugh I'm going to tie up a few loose ends from this story, but you'll have to look forward to the next story before I wind up the Feathers universe entirely.

Nan

#71924 06/05/10 06:31 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I can't believe this was up for days before I noticed... guess this is what happens when I get a day job laugh

Anyway, good stuff -- looking forward to the epilogue and the next story! Or two, or three...

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#71925 06/05/10 01:22 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally posted by Nan:
Envision evil laughter here, Bob. laugh I'm going to tie up a few loose ends from this story, but you'll have to look forward to the next story before I wind up the Feathers universe entirely.

Nan
Nan, somehow I have trouble visualizing you with an evil laugh.

I'm happy with an epilogue as long as I can look forward to another larger part before you close the door on "FeathersVerse."

Bob

#71926 06/05/10 03:49 PM
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
"Nan, somehow I have trouble visualizing you with an evil laugh."

Oh, but I have it on the best authority that I'm evil. Ask my kids. laugh I used to read my Terran Underground series to them and would always stop on a cliffhanger.

Nan

#71927 06/05/10 04:56 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Nan, somehow I have trouble visualizing you with an evil laugh.
Take it from one who knows, she is evil. She is the master of cliffhanger. She's been practicing from when she was very young, I'm sure.

Tara

Rose: You're NOT keeping the horse!
Doctor Who: I let you keep Mickey, now lets go!
Doctor Who, The Girl in the Fireplace
#71928 06/06/10 10:57 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
All daughters think that of their mother, Tara. I can still scare mine with a look.
goofy
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
#71929 06/06/10 11:38 AM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I love the quip about wondering how he managed to survive without her. It's nice to see their banter even while he's wearing the cape.

Elisabeth

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard