Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Deja Vu Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
D
Many thanks to Corrina again! Initially, I ended this with Lois hugging the bear and the rest of TOGOM remaining the same...But Corrina suggested extending, so now I've done a rewrite in which TOGOM has a happy ending! Hurrah for TOGOM fics, eh? laugh I have now completed my requisite one as a L&C fanfic writer! wink Heheh.

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi Deja Vu,

The first part of your story was amusing, but the second part was absolutely fantastic -- hysterical and moving in turns.

And going back to your a/n in the first part -- yes, I did need to suspend my disbelief quite a lot, but certainly no more than I had to with the show itself. (IGYUMS, for example.)

Joy,
Lynn

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
As someone told me way back when, writing fan fiction is a bit like eating salted peanuts - you can't stop at just one.

And especially when the one is this good. "Bark for me?" I laughed out loud! And she was yanking his chain? Had to be the one she would have clipped to his collar!

Very good story, Deja Vu. Please allow your muse to slip you a few more goodies along the way. I'll send you some virtual Twinkies if you do.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
This was a delightful take on TOGOM! clap

I loved your portrait of canine Clark. I kept thinking of everyone's favorite Disney dog and former planet, now minor planet, Pluto. Pluto is almost as human as Clark was dog-like in this fic.

[Linked Image]

Clark about to cover his eyes so that he won't see Lois's underwear?

I was thinking, too, that Clark is like a dog in certain ways - he is as good at showing Lois silent support as a dog would be, and he is about as bad at communicating with Lois with words as a dog would be!

Ah, but you made him shape up! He told her! He told her about himself, about being Superman, and about being in love with her! After he had confessed all that, it can't have been all that hard to tell her about being a dog!

So it was all a liiiiiiittle unlikely, but so what... I was raised on Silver Age Superman comics, where Superman and Lois were transformed into fantastic beings about once every other month! And hey, those comics never ended as romantically as your fic did, so I'm certainly not complaining! clap sloppy

Ann

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Lol this story was humourous in the beginning and sweet at the end. U did a great job of combining both.

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Yippee! You posted part 2!

I thoroughly enjoyed this story clap

And I am glad Clark returned to his human form smile

D
Deja Vu Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
D
Thanks for the feedback, y'all!

================================

Lynn-- I'm glad you really liked the second part! And yeah, I guess it helped that there was some going-into-a-dog's-body precedent in L&C, heh.

Terry--
As someone told me way back when, writing fan fiction is a bit like eating salted peanuts - you can't stop at just one.
Hahaha. That is so true!

"Bark for me?" I laughed out loud! And she was yanking his chain? Had to be the one she would have clipped to his collar!
Pwahahaha. laugh I thought that line was rather silly, but I loved it, so I had to include it!

Very good story, Deja Vu. Please allow your muse to slip you a few more goodies along the way. I'll send you some virtual Twinkies if you do.
Thanks! And virtual Twinkies? Bring them on! Though the hubby and I actually did buy some Twinkies the other day-- we bought two different boxes, as he wanted the Shrek ones with green cream inside (gross! I couldn't stand the thought of eating them, heh).

Ann-- Heh heh. I'm glad you liked my TOGOM take! I actually watched a Pluto cartoon the other day (it was at the beginning of the "Escape to Witch Mountain" DVD, which I was watching for old-time's sake). Your description of that picture-- "Clark about to cover his eyes so that he won't see Lois's underwear?" really made me laugh! Pwahahah.

And Clark really is like Lois's dog, isn't he? He follows her around like a lovesick puppy and, as you said, supports her while also failing to communicate with her properly!

And after all those confessions, you're right-- it couldn't have been hard to tell Lois he was a dog! Heh heh heh.

Seme-- Thank you! It's always interesting to try to ally "humorous" with "sweet"/touching in a fic this short.

DW-- Hehe. Yippee! laugh I'm glad you enjoyed it...And yes, it is definitely a good thing that Clark wasn't forever-dog. That would be a crazy way to live, wouldn't it?

Blogger
Blogger
That was absolutely hilarious. I was laughing just about all the way through this story. Clark was really cute as a dog and what a way to get Lois and Clark together but through a dog. laugh

“Will you bark for me?”

“Lois!” he growled. Now she was just jerking his chain around.
You had some fantastic quotes there and this was just one of them.

Thanks for posting this,

True Love

D
Deja Vu Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
D
True Love-- Thank you so much! I'm glad to hear you liked it. laugh

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard