D
Deja Vu Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
D
And there's part 34! Whew. *wipes brow*

Now, I'd like to thank some people... laugh

Firstly, I would like to thank Corrina for her amazing job of beta reading. She has helped many many parts of this fic in many different ways. This ending chapter in particular fell really flat and was really short, and she encouraged me to keep working with it. But really, all of her suggestions have helped me so much, and I feel like working with her and working on this story have really helped make me more aware of plot (which I intend to get better at one story at a time). I appreciate all she has done. I cannot express that enough!

Secondly, I'd like to thank Kitt. She doesn't frequent the L&C boards, but she helped me get started and gave me some ideas for the revelation.

Thirdly, I'd like to thank DW. The fruit of our discussions on Africa hasn't been seen very much in what I've posted on the boards, but I will now be able to do a little more fleshing out of Africa for the edited version I'll eventually submit to the archive.

Fourthly, I would like to thank all the readers and reviewers! I have thought about every word you have said, and I will keep those words in mind when I edit the fic for the archive. Thank you all for bearing with me and reading this far! I really appreciate it. I'm sorry it's been a bit of a bumpy road--but Clark has come to his senses at last! That has to count for something, right? smile

~Deja Vu~
dance

R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
What a wonderful story! I enjoyed it all the way through. This last part was so sweet wonderful and beautiful

Thank you for writing it.

Kathy
www.chili-everyway.com

robinson
R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
p.s.

How about a short epilogue 1 year in the future.

Kathy
www.chili-everyway.com

robinson
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aww!! That was just so sweet, there at the end.

Kerth
Kerth
Congratulations!

When I first read this fic, I was struck by two things - it was very original and wonderfully well written.

You did a great job. Well done!

Corrina.

Blogger
Blogger
A great ending to a wonderful story!

I really enjoyed reading this story, wondering in what direction you will lead it.

I liked how Perry ended up hiring Jimmy as his assistant - that's definitely original based on what I've read so far and a fanstastic ending.

I hope to see more stories from you, Deja Vu. smile1

~Marina

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Great job and wonderfully written smile

I have enjoyed the story from when the first part was posted until the last and final part - except for the few Clark lunkheaded moments that had me worried he might never come around.

Also looking forward to see more stories from you smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Beautifully done. It all worked out in the end. I am wondering how you will relieve Clark of any wrong doing in Africa, I may have to go back and reread. Maybe you did and I missed it somehow. But I am glad he is over it at the end. Very sweet ending. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Awwww blush You tied it all up nicely with a bow and a flourish clap

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
What a great story! I'm glad Clark is finally able to move past what happened in Africa. Although after getting the whole story, and him thinking he had done it, his lunkheaded behavior makes more sense. He was genuinely afraid.

I'm also glad that Lois knows that Clark didn't actually hurt anyone. This story goes to show how much responsibility Clark has. It’s easy for us to say that nothing bad will happen because we know that Clark is a kind and gentle person. But that kind of power in the wrong hands is somewhat scary to think about.

Sorry for rambling! Again, wonderful story! I enjoyed reading it, even if I didn’t have time to leave FDK for every part! laugh

Perry: (To Lois) Honey, this could be greatest story since Superman came to town. By-the-by, where is that husband of yours?
--Faster Than a Speeding Vixon
D
Deja Vu Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
D
Kathy-- I am glad you enjoyed it! As for an epilogue, well, after thinking about it, I just don't know that I would be able to do justice to it. But I will continue thinking about it to see if I come up with any ideas. laugh

Iolanthe-- Thanks! I was going for sweet!

Corrina-- And I thank you for all of your hard work!!

Marina-- I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it! And I did like bringing Perry and Jimmy together like that--I was thinking, why not give Perry some assistance and Jimmy a leg up in the world? laugh

I hope to see more stories from you, Deja Vu.
Haha. Me too. wink I've been throwing a few ideas around, so we'll see!

DW-- Thanks!! I'm glad to hear you liked all of it...'cept for those pesky "Clark the lunkhead" moments, heh.

Laura-- Thank you! At last, the lunkheadedness is over, heh. As for relieving Clark of wrongdoing, I think Chapter 28 is probably the one to reread.

Michael-- Heheh. Gotta have the bow, right??

lcfan-- Many thanks! I'm glad that lunkheadedness makes more sense now! I've always thought it must be rather rough to have all those powers ("With great power comes great responsibility" as it goes). Even without something bad happening, it seems as if that might be something to worry about--just think about sneezing! You're exactly right-- "that kind of power in the wrong hands is somewhat scary to think about." We get kind of a hint of that when the Kryptonians come to Earth, but some of the things with them are done in sort of a lighthearted fashion--the "bad" Kryptonians just seem to be playing. It doesn't show them ripping off arms or relentlessly bashing people on the ground or doing things in the much more terribly gruesome way that they could. (Sorry for my own ramble there, heh.)

I am glad to hear you enjoyed it!!

--

Many thanks to everybody for the feedback!!

Blogger
Blogger
I just read through the whole story, and this was just so beautifully written from beginning to end. I felt truly invested in this love story ever-so-slightly different from canon events. This was compelling the whole way through, and I was cheering by the end.

Thank you for sharing this, and I look forward to seeing more from you!

"Dinosaurs eat man. Woman inherits the earth." - Dr. Ellie Sattler
D
Deja Vu Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
D
magpieinthesky-- Thank you so much! I am glad to hear you liked it. And cheering, huh? That's great! Hahaha. laugh

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Glad to see this on the archives! I enjoyed it when it was posted on the boards, and I enjoyed reading it again! smile

Perry: (To Lois) Honey, this could be greatest story since Superman came to town. By-the-by, where is that husband of yours?
--Faster Than a Speeding Vixon
D
Deja Vu Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
D
Glad you enjoyed reading it again! It was good to get it on the archive!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard