Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
This is my first multi-part story, and I think it is only my second "serious" (i.e., not completely fluff) one. Now that I see what goes into the making of even such a relatively short multi-part story, I must say that I am highly impressed with and appreciative of the authors who create high quality fanfic of epic length. And let me reiterate here my thanks for my BRs. What a difference your suggestions have made! :-)

All feedback would be very much appreciated.

I plan to post two parts per week, on Fridays and Mondays. The seventh and final part is extremely short, so it will be posted the same day as part six.

cheers,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well I love Sherlock Holmes so this one seems like it will be a keeper for me. Jack the ripper huh? Wow, heavy stuff. Looking forward to what you do with this one. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
This looks intriguing!

Looking forward to more smile

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Aha! The game is afoot!

I can't wait for Holmes to rip Wells' cover story to shreds. Or for Holmes to be hoist on his own "If one eliminates the impossible, then whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be true" petard when he wheedles the time travel story from them. And I hope we get to see the real John Watson, an intelligent and capable man who grounded Holmes and who possessed some degree of detective acumen himself (just nowhere near Holmes' league).

I suspect that Clark will have to reveal his extraterrestrial self to Holmes and Watson to get them to believe him. And Wells will object, and Clark will point out that they need the pair more than "the secret" needs to be kept. But however it works out, I'm sure it will be interesting!

Come on, Monday!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
smile1 smile1 smile1

I know you said you would post twice a week, but I really think that daily posting would be a MUCH better idea.

This is me waiting to read the next part of your story: hyper

L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Thanks for all of the kind words.

Laura: It's looking as though a lot more FoLCs are Sherlockians/Holmesians than I would have anticipated. I hope that after reading the other six parts you still think the story is a keeper. smile

DW: Glad to have piqued your interest. smile

Terry: I'll just say that your speculations on what is to come are neither completely right nor completely wrong. Tune in Monday to find out more. laugh

FWIW, I've always loved Basil Rathbone's Holmes, but I have never liked Nigel Bruce's Watson. I've tried to keep my Watson as true to Doyle's original conception of him as I could. But I'll let you be the judge of how well I succeeded.

cookiesmom: You flatter me. blush

It is so nice to get such a warm response for the first part of what I would consider my first real story (as opposed to the comic vignettes which I have heretofore written). Thank you!

cheers,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"But I think that we would do well to enlist the help of my country's first and foremost consulting detective."
YAY! Any story can be made better by the introduction of Sherlock Holmes. wink

L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Originally posted by cookiesmom:
I know you said you would post twice a week, but I really think that daily posting would be a MUCH better idea.
Thanks again! I've been rethinking my posting schedule...part one looked a long longer in my Word document than it does in the forum. Given the brevity of the parts and the fact that later parts do refer to happenings in earlier ones, I would be happy to accelerate my posting schedule, if doing so wouldn't violate any MB rules or etiquette. I know that if you say you will post on a certain schedule, it is bad form to post after you say you will unless there are extenuating circumstances. But is it considered bad form to accelerate the posting schedule?

cheers,
Lynn

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Lynn wrote:
But is it considered bad form to accelerate the posting schedule?
I am not sure, but don't think so.

Clearly the readers are enjoying this story and would like more, more often laugh

L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
I just read the following in the FAQ:
You may also find that you write faster than you thought you would, and that you've finished the story when there are still many parts to go. Feel free to accelerate your posting schedule - I don't think anyone's ever complained about a story coming out faster than expected! Do warn your readers, though, or they may miss parts
Consider yourselves warned. I'm going to go ahead and post on a daily basis now.

cheers,
Lynn

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard