Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Yay CC!!! goofy I would apologise... but I'm not sorry. wink Not one bit!

As I've already told you ad nauseam, this is terrific. You've answered all my questions: I know why Lois married alt-Clark, and it doesn't feel as if she gave up on Clark. I understand how their marriage came to be real, and I am with her all the way on that - it makes so much sense that two lonely people would find solace in each other.

And then Clark's feelings on having Lois back - joy that she's here, but his fears about the fact that she was married to his counterpart, that she slept with the other Clark first - we know that those feelings are real and important, but that the two of them are facing them head-on, instead of trying to pretend that they don't matter. And so I can feel confident that, however long it takes, Lois and Clark will be together in this universe and they will be happy. He is hers, and she is his - and they won't ever need to let each other go. wink

(Which reminds me, I never said how much I liked that 'are you letting me go?' line in part 5! Mea culpa).

Finally... another thing I liked very much in the epilogue is Clark's recognition that he's not the same Clark Lois left behind. I wonder how soon she'll realise that, and what differences she'll notice?

You've left us an awful lot to think about now in this story, CC, not least how the two couples are going to get on from this point. Dare I hope that you might contemplate a couple of sequels? goofy

(Okay, you can kill me now! <g>)

Wendy smile (delighted and flattered to have this epilogue dedicated to her, even if it is just because she pestered CC to death! cat )

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
Dear Wendy,

Pack away the 2x4, the one you wielded with such grace against this author's sore, sore head.

Here is your epilogue. All yours. And it comes to you out of the goodness of my heart. With absolutely no strings attached...

No wait! That's not true. In exchange for this epilogue- which I barely changed, you'll note, so I risked my MOM seeing it. I needed some words to the effect of:

"I, Wendy Richards, fanfic author extraordinare, do solemnly swear this oath: part 4 of TTW did NOT entirely suck."

I dare you, Wendy. No guts no glory. evil

CC- who is tired of all the Loises and Clarks running round her head.

ps- If there are any among you who might be reading the above, and you, too, feel part 4 wasn't pure swill, Wendy would LOVE to hear from you.

laugh laugh

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
CC -- I wasn't entirely comfortable with the idea that Lois would marry the other Clark -- the man who was not the man she loved. It seems so . . . I am not really sure. I didn't think it was bad -- more bittersweet. I wasn't sure how it would end well on either side. How would our Clark deal with the fact that Lois had married his other self? How would Lois leave her husband. Were there any physical consequences in consumating a relationship with someone from another universe? What would happen when there were 2 Loises.

In part 5, I thought CLark's conversation with Jimmy was absolutlely beautiful. My heart went out to him because he was hurting so much.

Like Wendy, I am really glad you added the epilogue to the g-fic version! I think it adds so much to the story and it really ties up a lot of loose ends.

I have to admit, after part 4, I wasn't sure about the story -- I was contemplating stopping reading because I only read stories with the promise of a happy ending. But part 5 and the epilogue were beautiful!

Great work thumbsup

- Laura laugh

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Top Banana
Top Banana
CC,

I've only just now sat down to read the entire story (including BOTH epilogue's wink ).

I'll admit I was thrown for a loop which I saw Lois married (it took me awhile to figure out if I was reading about "our" Clark or alt-Clark. Was this the present or the future or a dream or what?) But I quickly caught on as to what had happened, and, frankly, it seemed quite natural.

I remember the almost-kisses in both Tempus,Anyone? and Lois & Clarks. When I saw both those scenes, I was caught up in the moment, and actually wanted them to kiss - until both times Lois stopped the kiss, and I realized that, of course, this wasn't really Clark. I don't know how to explain this, but, although alt-Clark isn't Clark, he is.

Also, I posed the hypothetical question to my husband. If you were suddenly transported to an alternate universe, with no way to get back, yadda yadda, and you met my alternate me, who loved you like I do, would you marry her? He thought it was a rather strange question, but, after thinking about it, he said, "yes".

So, I don't think Lois' actions were all that far-fetched, or out-of-character or out-of-canon or whatever.

This was a beautiful story, and you are a master story-teller! What a powerful command of the language you have. As just one example (of so many, I couldn't possibly name them all), the scene where Clark comes in the bedroom, and places his change on the dresser. Your description of this act as "intimate" was unexpected, yet completely accurate. What could be more intimate than the sounds of your [soon-to-be] lover, getting ready for bed?

This was a beautiful story. Thank you so much for sharing. And thank you for being brave enough to post the epilogue. I absolutely loved it. thumbsup

- Vicki

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Ah, CC, you're killing me! goofy )

But, as a reminder that I most emphatically did tell you that there's something I really loved about Part 4, here's my favourite segment, in the scene with Superman and Henderson:

“No.” Clark cut him off. “I’ve looked. Every inch and more than once. Below Metropolis, all those lead pipes, well, that was my last reasonable hope.”

“And it’s come up empty. So now what?”

Clark laughed an empty laugh. “So now I go back to the Daily Planet, sit at my desk, picture her waltzing in with the story of the century. ‘The Year I Spent Invisible’ by Lois Lane, something like that.”

Henderson looked at Superman for a long time. Long enough for the silence to bring the superhero back from his own thoughts.

Their eyes met.

“Oh.” Superman said. “Oh…”

Henderson shook his head at him. “Be careful, ok? Grief is a funny thing. It pops out at you, and not everyone can afford to let his guard down.”
I loved this. A terrific, amazing, understated and perfect relevation. I can just see both of them having that conversation; I can hear their voices, and see the looks on their faces. Brilliant. goofy

(Oh, and your mother will forgive you <g> )

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ah ha!

So there it is on public record.

CC hits the print button on her computer, feeling just the tiniest bit satisfied, but by no means too full of herself.

That Wendy Richards, some kind of brilliant, evil genius... That's what I'll tell mom...

Oh, and Laura and Vicki, thank you for weighing-in. Vicki, got a kick out of your hypothetical to your hubby. He must be a good sport.

I do appreciate any and all feedback on this sore subject, most especially, and I can not stress this enough, if you agree with ME. wink

CC- who really, truly, is finished beating this poor dead horse. I swear it.

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
R
Rac Offline
Columnist
Columnist
R
Terrific ending, CC. I'm also quite glad to have an explanation of Lois's motivations and her thought processes when she married the other Clark. It was also bittersweet to see that while she loved the other Clark, she still knew he wasn't the one. Knowing that, her reasons for coming home make perfect sense, and I can see why she would make the decision rather quickly, even though she did love the other Clark.

On a random tangent, it's funny how some writers write Lois and Clark refusing to make love for the first time under the shadow of hurt or grief or fear and how some do the opposite. Both types of scenarios have been done wonderfully and both scenarios make perfect sense logically. I suppose that is a testament to the talent of the authors in this fandom - they can be totally true to the characters while having them do mutually exclusive things. Just thought you should know that you're one of those authors who can pull that off. For a while in this scene, I didn't know which way it would go, but I was certain that you could make either situation entirely realistic and believable and 'right.'

Rac

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
C.C. a sweet poignant epilogue. I thought it flowed quite logically.

I have no problem with any of the scenarios which you presented in this story. An abandoned and lonely Lois would, of course, turn to the only person she could in the alt world. As her only true anchor, her eventual marriage to altClark was only natural.

But, so was Clark's understanding of what Lois had been through a natural thing for him. Only selfish lout (like Lex) would resent what Lois had done. Remember it doesn't matter who was first, as long as you're the last.

BUT, we need another epilogue. I want too see how altLois and altClark worked things out. And most importantly, I want to see altLois get that waist length hair chopped off wink .

Tank ( who can only say... ow!)

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, I'm in the camp which didn't care either way. goofy

I adored this story in its original form and didn't mind at all that not everything was tied down.

OTOH <g>, I'm never one to look a gift horse in the mouth or reject some wonderfully written epiloque from a talented author if they choose to add it on afterwards...so I figure I got the best of both worlds there. laugh

<contented sigh>

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
CC, I spent this Sunday just reading and reading in an attempt to catch up on all those wonderful stories in this fanfic folder. Your story gave me palpitations and sweaty palms and I absolutely loved it! smile

You are a wonderful writer and this fandom is so lucky to have you. Thanks for sharing your talent with us, CC.

Lois: Well, I like my quirks. I think they make me unique.
Clark: You certainly are unique.

Clark: You're high maintenance, you know that?
Lois: But I'm worth it!
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hey CC!

SOrry I'm so late wiht my comments. RL is a pain lately, but I read this right when it was spoted and loved every bit of it, specially part 5, and the epilogue (boht versions wink )

So, when is your next story due??? smile

Cris

Cris
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This is truly an imaginative and wonderful story and *very* very well done. Kudos to you, C.C., no matter who nagged who and did what. It was great. Please keep writing.
cool
Artemis from the land of the lava and the sea

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I just read this. WOW WHAT A RIDE! What an adorable ending too. I loved Martha and Jonathan's humor at the end. Interesting twist, Lois marrying alt Clark. I didn't see that coming but it makes sense. "If you can't be with the one you love, love the one your with." I would have liked to have seen what ever happened with alt Lois and alt Clark too. good job. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yes, isn't it a great story?!

Be sure to read the sequel, "And Back Again" . It's just as good, or maybe better.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Since this popped up on the boards again, I went and dug it out of the archive. Great fic! Am I right that there were two epilogues? I may need to hunt down the one that didn't make the archive version...

But, bravo! I like that Alt-Clark got to have Lois for a while, and get HIS Lois back--and have Lois return to HER Clark and it all make emotional sense and everyone is happy! laugh clap

And next on my list is the sequel! wink

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
What IolantheAlias said... Run, do not walk to the sequel. You will not be disappointed!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Where do we find the epilogue(s)?

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard