Next Thread
Print Thread
E
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
E
Nicely done.

Henderson's character is spot on, as is Lex here. It's like observing a fine game of chess, except for the fact that I'm not bored.

Elisabeth

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I am really enjoying this story, but did I miss Part 9 somewhere? huh

blush

EvelynC
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
You didn't miss part 9. I accidentally misnumbered the parts but they're all straightened out now. 8/9 was really 9/10, so you missed nothing.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great story Nan! I love the way that Lois bosses Superman around and he actually enjoys it! And I enjoy a story that grows, especially one of yours! laugh

Evelyn, I don't know if you missed part 9 or not, but here's the link to it:

Part 9

Edit: Oops, sorry Nan, you must've posted while I was posting. smile

Perry: (To Lois) Honey, this could be greatest story since Superman came to town. By-the-by, where is that husband of yours?
--Faster Than a Speeding Vixon
Blogger
Blogger
Yeah, I know. I'm afflicted with growing story syndrome...
I know the feeling... As an author, it seems to take so much longer to get the story out than originally planned, but as Grandma always said, "Anything worth doing is worth doing right" (or in this case "write"). As a reader, I really like the longer stories, so three cheers to growing story syndrome!
dance

Speaking of doing things right, everything in this chapter (and this story) is a textbook case of how it should be done and I've enjoyed every word. Thanks for sharing.

-Brian

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The plot thickens! I hope that Superman can stay officially out of it, so that Luthor may suspect, but will never know, that he was there in the bunker.

Also, I hope your brother does well.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nan, we'll let you know if we start to think that this story is going too long smile Thirty more parts, for instance, might possibly be too much. Then again, maybe not.

Two favorite moments: Henderson sounding so bland and disinterested and Lois's growing understanding of his facade. Also, when Superman catches up with Lois and asks if they can work together on this, and she immediately feels better. Nice.

Okay, plus I love the change in Lex's voice when the "invisible" door opens all by itself...

Best wishes to your brother, and you too.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
I love when Clark uses his brain!

And I agree with everyone else - growing story syndrome is definitely a good thing!

Hope your brother does well.

Amber

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yes, keep it coming! And we understand your being busy at home. It's looking to shape up into one of your great stories.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Top Banana
Top Banana
Like pretty much everyone else here, I love that you are suffering from "growing story syndrome." So you will get no complaints from me on that part.

This was a nice section. I would have loved to have seen the look on Lex's face when that section of his compound was unexpectedly present.

I'm looking forward to the next part. And I assure you that I won't be at all disappointed if it isn't the last.

Bob

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
One of those begin diseases... huh Benign to the readership, that is laugh

It sounds so simple and straight forward. But there are 2++ parts left, so it can't be this easy and another hammer is posed to fall.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Am starting to read this one on my trip.

Will give feedback when I get back.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Update: I've got 2 pages written of the next part. My brother has been moved to a rehab hospital, which is good news. The bad news is that it is in downtown San Diego and an hour away, which has severely cut into my writing time.

I'll have the next part up as soon as I can, I promise.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard