Print Thread
#70910 04/12/10 01:19 PM
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hi Marcus,

I think that must be the ultimate Tank story -- you just destroyed Superman before he even came into existence. Tempus would be proud! ;-)

And your story could serve as a template for lots of others; for example:

"Bernie, don't mix...!"

Kaboooooooooooooommmmmmmmm!

cheers,
Lynn

#70911 04/12/10 01:21 PM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I love it. I think that every last word is necessary, particularly as there is no confusion.

#70912 04/13/10 04:12 AM
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Yes, short and to the point.

#70913 04/13/10 09:40 PM
Kerth
Kerth
I can't see posting all of these ficlets to the archive as separate stories - but maybe someone could collect them all and post them as one multi-author story.

If anyone wants to do that, you're welcome to use my contribution.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#70914 04/14/10 12:44 AM
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Originally posted by Marcus Rowland:
I can't see posting all of these ficlets to the archive as separate stories - but maybe someone could collect them all and post them as one multi-author story.

If anyone wants to do that, you're welcome to use my contribution.
That makes sense to me. I had actually already submitted my first two stories, which were comparatively long and could stand on their own, to the archive, but I didn't think the remaining ones were worth submitting on their own.

Since I was the one to issue the challenge, I volunteer to collect the stories. Stories are still coming in, so I will wait at least until April 24th before submitting them; longer, if there are still more short stories being posted then.

I will use only those stories whose authors have given me express permission to do so. If you wish your story or stories archived, please send me a private message with your story, your name or pen name as you would like it to appear, plus any text you wish to accompany the story. I will assemble the stories in order from longest to shortest. (Where there are ties for word count, I'll count letters as a tie breaker.)

cheers,
Lynn

#70915 04/14/10 01:53 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I was wondering about that - what a great idea, Marcus! I'd certainly accept such a collection for the Archive as I feel that it would be a shame to lose out on such terrifically inventive and clever work just because they're so short and somewhat impractical to upload individually.

Thanks for volunteering to do the collecting, Lynn. Oh, you might want to post your invitation to the authors in Fanfic Related - just in case they don't read this feedback thread.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#70916 04/14/10 03:06 AM
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Originally posted by LabRat:
Oh, you might want to post your invitation to the authors in Fanfic Related - just in case they don't read this feedback thread.
Consider it done. :-)

cheers,
Lynn

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard