Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Tank Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
T
I think this might be the most boring story I've ever written.

Tank (who says that is quite a statement since he's written quite a few boring stories)

Top Banana
Top Banana
That's a very different Lois - I was expecting to find out they knew each other in the past and she owed him big time.

The part about Alexander's sword being a forgery was priceless.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What a nice bit of happy fluff. Thanks

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wait a minute - I didn't see a Lois haircut in there! Can this truly be a Tank fic without a Lois haircut?

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Originally posted by Tank:

I think this might be the most boring story I've ever written.
Ah, but when you take the title of the fic into account, it becomes very funny and almost a little melancholy, too. Lois and Clark couldn't get together without hurting each other, isn't that a little bit sad?

Great to see you back here, Tank! thumbsup

Ann

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
"Now just a blue suede minute" has got to be one of the funniest turns of phrases I have seen in a long time. It's a perfect Perry saying.

Nice job. And if this is your most boring piece, I definitely want to read more of your other works. (I haven't read many yet, but I have enjoyed all the ones I have read so far.)

cheers,
Lynn

Top Banana
Top Banana
Really, enjoyed it, Tank. Actually I didn't think your Lois differed from the show in those defining things that make her "Lois" , if that makes any sense. smile Some nice lines - liked the L & C banter and also the Cat-Lois banter, and especially liked that she 'got' Luthor's inner sliminess.

c.

Kerth
Kerth
Very nice. Simple, charming, fun.

But had it happened like that, the series may have struggled to get to eight episodes rather than the eighty-eight we got.

But regardless, this fic was a wonderful read.

Corrina.

T
Tank Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
T
Jumping in to apologise for no Lois haircut in this little fic. I really tried but I just couldn't come up with a way to include one that didn't seem forced.

I always want the haircuts to have a logical purpose or reason within the context of the story.

I too, think that this 'is' Lois, with just one small change. She's brilliant and driven to do her job, but for reasons we aren't privy to, she just doesn't have issues with men.

Tank (who just had a whim to write something where Lois could react to Clark more reasonably)

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I really enjoyed this new side to Lois. It was very different but I enjoyed reading it. I was expecting a Tank ending though.
Good job

A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Well, the story was exactly what the title claimed it to be, and I loved it for that!

What a great way to tweak all those moments.

Amber

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
i think this calls for a sequel though, you know, to add some tank moments..

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
This was great - I really liked it (and no, I don't thin it was boring at all)! smile

T
Tank Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
T
Thanks to all the gentle readers who indulged me with this little effort. As I mentioned this was written purely on a whim. I wanted to show a Lois who didn't feel the need to 'put down' Clark in order to protect own insecurities. She is able to accept Clark at face value and his friendly compassion and being just a darn nice guy easily wins Lois over.

It doesn't hurt that there is that 'connection' the two have always felt for each other.

Now I need to ask all the gentle writers who are currently posting stories to make sure they get all their parts posted by Monday, so I can have them read by Tuesday morning. Tuesday afternoon I'm leaving for Chicago and will be gone through Sunday evening.

I'll be attending the Diamond Comic Distributors conference on Wednesday and Thursday, then Friday through Sunday I'll be at the big C2E2 (Chicago Comic Entertaiment Expo, or something like that) comic book convention, at McCormick Place.

These are the folks who put on the big show in New York. This is there first show in Chicago and they are going all out. It should be fun.

Thanks again for the kind words.

Tank (who promises to really try to get a Lois haircut in his next effort)

A
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
A
Tank,

You could just slip in a line somewhere (maybe an offhand comment by Perry or the otherwise useless wink Jimmy) that Lois got her hair cut when she went undercover as a man for the car theft ring story right before Clark arrived. Then change the line about her hair hanging down to her shoulders when she bursts into the interview and the haircut is taken care of. dance

Other than the lack of haircut, a very nice little vignette. I like Lois' personality upgrade from insecure in her personal interactions (especially with males) to confident and secure.

AmyN smile

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Very nice! The real Lois is there, but just doesn't have those personal-relationship insecurities. I particularly liked the interplay between her and Cat.

Clark didn't fall head-over-heels right away, though, did he? He was clearly interested, of course, but it was a slower transition from interest to friendship with just hints of potential for more.

If the story were to continue... would this particular Lois, not so dazzled by the super man, see more quickly that they are one and the same?

'Toc

Oh, yes, and I should add - I, too, loved the part about the (not)Alexander-the-Great's sword.

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Fun. Boring sure is an interesting way to describe it. Of course, the title set up certain expectations and when Lois whirled into the interview and immediately gone all Cat on him, things became more obvious. So, yeah, the entire thing had an anticlimactic feel to it. But at the same time, I kept waiting for the Tankish plot twist. Be it a slutty Lois, them knowing each other, a Wellsian intervention, or what not. But nothing came. Well, except Lois being the oddest combination of friendly and... datable. Not going to use slutty. But then -- /runs off to check fanfic challenge./ -- maybe Lois is what Rick Castle describes as 'a bit slutty' when he explains Nikki Heat to Kate Beckett laugh Yeah, that about fits devil

As for the swords play. This one truly took me by surprise. It felt to me as if you made Luthor more accommodating, just like Cat, to this anticlimax. But it did raise a valid question: How does one verify the sword actually *is* the sword of Alexander the Great. Unless it was found inside his sarcophagus. Checked wiki, and I never knew the whereabouts of his remains had been known up to 200AD. But given the history, it's unlikely the (fictional) sword would have remained there. But maybe it traveled through the hands of the Caesars and ended up in a place where it could be certifiably accredited to Alexander. So, who knows... Of course, about the story. Maybe Tempus sold it to Luthor?

Fun vigi, Tank laugh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
LOVED IT! No drama, no nothing. Awesome smile

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
<sigh> nope, that would have been too easy!

hey, did lois get her haircut in this piece?

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard