T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
The End. smile

Or - The New Beginning.

Thanks so much for reading and commenting! sloppy

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
You can't possibly leave it here! wildguy You'd better be working on a sequel already... Or even have it ready and start posting ASAP wink

Cris
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Definitely a beginning .... for a sequel!

You so cannot leave it there, even though it was a good open ending - however, I, for one (and I am sure there are others) would like to know what happens next, especially when Martha meets Lois and when Lois and Clark gets together, and ... you get the picture.

So, come back here wildguy

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful tale, well rounded.

12/12 Hmm, Nice as it would be to see a sequel I think you ended it well.

Framework4
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
So strikes the King of the Open Ending.

I think Terry likes to write open ended stories whether or not he ever plans to continue it. He always has that option.

This was a fun story. I enjoyed it, but that was expected.

On with the next one.

Tank (who thinks that Terry wouldn't have put in the part about Lucy and Martha's art if he didn't mean to explore that meeting)

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Originally posted by Tank:
So strikes the King of the Open Ending.

I think Terry likes to write open ended stories whether or not he ever plans to continue it. He always has that option.
I think he writes open ended tales to try and convince himself or his muse to write more. Some times he does write more. Sometimes he doesn't.

Framework4
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
lovely story! hope this is a new beginning!

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lucy stopped in mid-step and nearly fell. “Cake mix? You bought cake mix?”

Lois took the mail from her mouth and dropped it on the coffee table. “Sure. Why not?”

The bag thudded down on the kitchen counter. “Because you don’t cook, that’s why!”

“Hey! There are eggs in there! If they’re broken you’re going out for replacements!”

“Forget the eggs! Who are you and what have you done with the real Lois Lane?”
rotflol

Okay, I'm not going to quote the rest of the Lois/Lucy interactions. Just pretend a rotflol every couple of lines.

He’d make a great husband for some lucky woman someday.
Well, well, well, Lolo...

She’d be a great wife for some lucky man someday.
Loved the symmetry.

The others are right, Terry. There's a lot of open ending here. It doesn't need a sequel per-se. A lot of the stuff you're hinting at is already nicely laid out, but I'd still love to see the sequel spider

Wonderfully waffy story smile

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Columnist
Columnist
Just finished reading the story and it was great. But please, please be working on a sequel. You just left too many threads hanging to not do a sequel. If you don't do a sequel just know that it is likely to cause me sleepless nights trying to decide what might happen next. Is it working. The guilt - trying to get a sequel. Pretty, pretty please.

This is your muse coming to bash you over the head with more great ideas for the continuation of the story. They will be delivered with such force you just have to continue. wildguy

T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
You'd better be working on a sequel already... Or even have it ready and start posting ASAP smile
Definitely a beginning .... for a sequel!
If you don't do a sequel just know that it is likely to cause me sleepless nights trying to decide what might happen next. Is it working. The guilt - trying to get a sequel. Pretty, pretty please.
Sequel? What is this "sequel" of which you speak?

Sorry, couldn't resist. (Actually, I could. I simply chose not to.)

To keep the pointy sticks away from the tender portions of my anatomy (and to prevent any more sleepless nights), I confess that I am working on an epilogue for this tale which - if it goes the way I think it will - should provide some closure for the gentle readers (those, I might point out, who have threatened to be less than gentle with me).

Of course, as befitting my new title (thanks, Tank), it might not tell everything. It all depends on whether or not my muses get interested in seeing how this tale continues.

It should be up by the weekend, unless I run into a huge roadblock or tornado.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard