Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#70532 03/22/10 01:24 PM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Wow! I never got a chance to comment on part 6 and here is part 7 already. Awesome! Keep up the great work!

After being lulled into a sense of security with all the WAFF in part 6 you have now got me with my jaw hanging open at the situation you have put poor Clark and Lois into!

thumbsup

#70533 03/22/10 01:54 PM
L
Blogger
Blogger
L
Urgh!!! That's not fair - from highs to lows - what a whammy.

#70534 03/22/10 04:03 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
oh I didn't see that one coming!!! I'm hoping it's not really Clark's baby, LOL. Is that bad?

Thank you for the quick update! I'm very much enjoying this fic, angst and all!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
#70535 03/22/10 05:33 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
OK. I was eager for part 7 and now I wish I hadn't read it. LOL What a WHAM!

Of course Lana could give birth and Lois could adopt the baby and play house with the man of steel... Not the ending I was hoping for when this story started but best one I can come up with now. wink

Natascha

#70536 03/22/10 06:11 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow - some really hard choices to make here!

Excellent part. I'm really wondering what's going to happen next.

#70537 03/22/10 06:11 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wowww.........Great job.

Please post new part now!! I can't wait!!!

#70538 03/22/10 06:22 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ack no! COme back here! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#70539 03/23/10 04:54 AM
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
That was so unexpected dizzy

I also hope the baby might not be Clark's ... and come back here - we want to know what happens now.

#70540 03/23/10 11:10 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow. I now have whiplash dizzy

Squid, you pulled a 2x4 on us here. Not that I'm complaining and kudos to going all the way with spelling things out.

It's interesting that Clark has had a physical relationship with Lana and actually had comfort-sex-with-the-ex. Of course, if you put this next to how he and Lois had started of, it does have some worrying parallels which could prove to be very bad if Lois finds out.

There are so many ways this could go. But then, it's LnC so he will end up with Lois. Question is about Lana's baby. And until disproven, I'm going with it's Clark's baby. So, will Lana keep it? Will something happen to Lana? Will she abort? Will Clark and Lois raise it? Is Clark going to marry Lana and take on a professional caregiver in addition to his wife? So many questions. And only you have the answer wildguy

Lucy took me completely off guard. And Lois forgave her sister in a heartbeat. I think that's the most stunning bit of all. I would have loved to see more exposition on these bits. smile

So, part 8's when?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#70541 03/23/10 04:31 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Wow.

To me, there is no question that Lana's baby is also Clark's. It has seemed obvious to me from the beginning that this Clark Kent was not a virgin when he met Lois Lane. But now it seems as if his one time with Lana was his only previous time with a woman:

She'd offered him comfort in her arms. Then later he'd sought a different kind of comfort that she'd given just as freely. It wasn't something he'd done before or since, but it had been exactly what he'd needed at the time.
So Clark had been with a woman only once before, but almost as soon as he met Lois he started flirting with her rather heavily. Not that I was complaining then or that I am complaining now. To me, the sheer bond between Lois and Clark is of overriding importance, not the institutions or expectations of society.

Maybe you had mentioned before that Lana was, or had been, Clark's fiancée, but if you did I had managed to forget it. I was surprised to hear about it, although Clark's history with Lana is not surprising in itself:

She was a difficult woman. Clark had always known so. She'd been a difficult child. But she'd known who he was and hadn't turned her back on him. She was demanding, impatient. She was also caring and gentle. He'd once loved Lana very deeply. He still cared about her, loved her as a friend. They'd known each far too long for him to turn his back on her.
This makes sense.

So Lana's child is Clark's. You have written another fic, Squid, where Clark finds out that he has fathered a child with an old girlfriend and he and Lois raise the kid together. I wouldn't be surprised to see the same thing happen here.

Poor Lana, though. I think it would be horrible to carry to term what everybody knew was Superman's child and then give that baby up because you didn't want it - and do so in the limelight. You would forever be branded as the woman who got pregnant after sleeping with Superman and then giving up the baby and losing Superman too. I can't help thinking that Lana would be branded by everyone in the world, or at least by almost everyone in the LnC version of the United States, as a super loser.

But if this sounded like criticism, I didn't mean it like that. I'm completely fascinated by this story! One thing this fic really and truly brings home is that it would be pretty awful for Clark to lose his secret identity and lose his ability to be just another face in the crowd.

Ann

#70542 03/26/10 03:22 AM
S
SJH Online Content
Features Writer
Online Content
Features Writer
S
Getting a little messy.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
#70543 03/26/10 11:05 AM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
You gave us a real treat posting Parts 6 & 7 so close together that I've been checking very often ever since for Part 8. smile

I am wondering if you would let us know when we can expect Part 8 - no pressure, just curious?

wink

Cheers
Elizabeth

#70544 03/26/10 12:46 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by SJH:
Getting a little messy.
Yeah, people insist on plot... goofy

Looking forward to the next part!!
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#70545 03/27/10 02:43 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I've been coming online everyday checking 4 part 8. Where is it?(pressure pressure) just kidding. I will wait patiently. Hope all is well wit u.
Great story. Can hardly wait 2 see how it all unfolds.

#70546 03/27/10 05:27 AM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
See, kiddies, this is what can happen when you have sex before you get married.

Seriously, this is a bad situation all around, and I don't see a clean resolution coming anywhere. If Lana aborts the baby, both she and Lois will be blamed by the public for killing Superman's child. And Clark will get some blame, too, both for putting the two women in this situation and for "allowing" Lana to abort the child. If Lana carries the baby to term, who will raise him or her? Will Lana give up the rest of her life (and that's what it would be) to raise the child of a man who doesn't love her and would be, at best, an absentee father? And could Clark's relationship with Lois survive such a strain, assuming that Lois would be willing to start up with him again? Might Lana give up full custody to Clark? If so, what would that mean for Lois?

I'm confident that Lana would never lack for material things for the rest of her life - Clark will see that she's physically taken care of. Of course, that means that any romantic relationship she pursues would have that added pressure of having Superman hovering over her and her beau at any and all times, if only to "check on the baby." And I can't imagine that Lois would appreciate Lana's continuing presence in her life, should she resume her relationship with Clark.

Of course, all bets are off if Lois is pregnant. Remember, Clark's little swimmers are Kryptonian, not human, and therefore far less susceptible to human contraceptives. I'm not sure that anything short of a lead condom would be very effective.

I'm a little puzzled as to why Clark didn't detect Lucy with her phone camera. I guess he was just besotted with Lois. And maybe having those pics will be a good thing for Lois, because she can look at them and see how loving and open Clark has already been with her. Maybe they'll be a catalyst to bring them back together.

However this goes, it's one of the most impressive obstacles to a Lois/Clark romance I've ever seen. I'm very interested to find out how you'll resolve this one.

Ready for the next installment!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard