Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
T
I wish I had a Thinker graemlin to use here. I'll just go with this one.

sad

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This part had a lot of wisdom behind it. Good part. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
That would be a disastrous event, right up there with the 1906 San Francisco earthquake and Vesuvius erupting all over Pompeii in 79 and the time Lucy spilled nail polish on Lois’ favorite skirt when she was about to sneak out for a date she wasn’t supposed to go on.
I love this line. Earthquake, volcanic eruption, and spilling nail polish on a shirt. Equivalent disasters.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Finished catching up to this wonderful story.

I was a little worried at the title because your stories more often than not pair Lois/Clark with other people (and your terrific writing style makes it absolutely believable!), but hey it looks that this time all that is in past tense.

That's not to say the journey is simple. This time both our heroes (usually it's just one of them) are skittish.

Looking forward to their blooming friendship, and maybe something more?

smile1 thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
His arms slid around her waist and held her close, and it wasn’t long before she felt both of them shift from coworker-celebration-hug mode to man-woman-hug mode. She squeezed her eyes shut and held on for just one second more, then put her hands on his shoulders and pushed back.
dizzy These things can be so much trouble in the context of this story.

But she couldn’t. She wouldn’t. That would be a disastrous event, right up there with the 1906 San Francisco earthquake and Vesuvius erupting all over Pompeii in 79 and the time Lucy spilled nail polish on Lois’ favorite skirt when she was about to sneak out for a date she wasn’t supposed to go on.
lol

“I live by three rules, Kent. I never get involved with my stories, I never let anyone else get there first, and I never sleep with anyone I work with.” She stared at him for a long moment, daring him to say anything else, then finished with, “This. Is. Business.”
That’s true. But then, it’s also strictly business between a hooker and her John.

. “A lot of that goin’ on around here, ain’t it?”
Yep. I’m sure sensing a theme here. Lois. Clark. Martha. Perry. Now, whom did Lex lose. And has Jimmy baggage, too?

Good part! More?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
T
Laura, thanks for reading. Glad you liked the thoughts behind our characters.

Iolanthealias, thanks for picking up on this line. I was trying for something that would be both serious and funny, and it looks like I got pretty close for once.

Ank K. S., glad to have you along for the ride. Sorry to scare you with either the title or the content of some of the other stories. I hope you're satisfied with the ending of this one. (Hint: None of my betas threw up on the last chapter.)

Michael, you always come up with something I hadn't thought of. A hooker and her john? Just business? Yeah, that's kind of what Clark was implying, but it was only because of his own inner turmoil. And yes, loss is a recurring theme in this story. A major loss in a person's life has long-term impact, and that's the theme that developed as I played with this story.

As far as Lex losing someone, the only person he cares about that much is Lex Luthor. And the only baggage Jimmy has is his briefcase on the days he brings it to work.

Next chapter up soon!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard