Comments here please.

Bob

Top Banana
Top Banana
Poor Clark.

And Lois's solution to Clark's grief.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Well done.

Framework4
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Poor Clark! I hope the report is wrong and J&M turn up unexpectedly on Clark's doorstep!

Looking forward to more real soon! Hoping a Superman revelation is just around the corner; now that could be interesting after the news Clark has just received about his parents!

Counting the hours till the next chapter. smile

Nice work, Bob!

Cheers
Elizabeth

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Good description of Clark's grief.

I thought that, although Clark doesn't remember his parents, a deeper level of his subconscious knows that they were essential to him in every way. They saved his life, took him in, accepted him as their own, loved him, brought him up and instilled his values. Whenever he needed them, they were there. He doesn't remember them, but now that they have been declared dead, it is as if the ground has disappeared under his feet. and right now, he can't fly.

I like your explanation too: he is devastated because he thinks he has a hidden death wish. Why else has he been thinking to himself, "I should have been there"? To die with his parents? But does that mean that his life is so empty in itself, so that he has not been able to make a life for himself at all? Is he nothing without his parents?

Good description, as I said. I was very happy about the way Lois was there to comfort him. He needed it so badly.

Ann

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh boy.

Oh boy.

Oh boy.

And Lois is getting more and more attentive laugh

“If I didn't trust you, I wouldn’t have been staying with you in the first place. Besides, I’m not sure that there’s anything that you’re likely to do that I’ll object to anyway.”
laugh So, does she mean she's up for anything or she simply so confident that Clark's up for much less then she is?

Did I already mention cute?

Several highly placed underworld figures had lost family in the tragedy. There were some rumors that helping Luthor could cost a person not only their own life, but the lives of their entire family. The very fact that he, or more properly, his body, hadn’t turned up, led many to believe that Lex had managed to escape the country.
/nods gravely/

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Need the rest of this story ASAP.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Still hoping that the Kents went off to the Vancouver Olympics and missed the Nightfall bombardment of Smallville. wink

Top Banana
Top Banana
Loved the developments. I hope Clark realizes soon (with/without Lois' help) that his thoughts about being with his parents are motivated by something other than suicidal tendencies.

And yay for Lex being on the run / hiding. Of course this also makes him more dangerous because now he does not have to think of a benign facade to cover his evil.

smile1 thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hi Dandello:
Thanks for the feedback.
Poor Clark.

And Lois's solution to Clark's grief.
I hope this means that you think the solution worked. smile

Framework4:
Thank you.

Elizabeth:
Hoping a Superman revelation is just around the corner;
Maybe his memory will come back and he’ll go back to being secretive… Well, it could happen. smile

Hi Ann:
I thought that, although Clark doesn't remember his parents, a deeper level of his subconscious knows that they were essential to him in every way.
Absolutely! He knows they are important to him. But since he’s lost his memories he doesn’t consciously understand how much.
he is devastated because he thinks he has a hidden death wish. Why else has he been thinking to himself, "I should have been there"?
The problem with partial memories is that they can lead to thoughts that you don’t understand.

Michael:
So, does she mean she's up for anything or she simply so confident that Clark's up for much less then she is?
smile Two parts. She’s confident that at the first negative sign from her, she won’t have to run away, he will. It also means that she *might* be interested in a more intimate relationship. But NOT tonight. smile

c-mom:
Need the rest of this story ASAP.
Thanks. I promise I’m going as fast as I can.

IolantheAlias:
Vancouver Olympics
Well, whatever happened, I will guarantee that wasn’t it.

Ank. K. S.
And yay for Lex being on the run / hiding. Of course this also makes him more dangerous because now he does not have to think of a benign facade to cover his evil.
This is a *great* point. Never, ever underestimate Lex Luthor. Until he’s confinred dead, he’s a deadly opponent. And even then, he’s extremely dangerous.

Thank you all. We’re getting close to the end now. There are some key developments ahead. Chapter 23 should be up soon.

Bob

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard