Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Comments go here!

Thanks.

Corrina.

Top Banana
Top Banana
That was amazing. I saw you had posted and knew I couldn't leave the house without reading. Now, I really must go, and don't have time for proper feedback, but I just wanted to say, "Thank you" for this:

Somehow, he’d again decided that her life would be better without him.

Lois clamped down on a rising sob.

What twisted machinations of his brain had led him to that conclusion?

What possible failing in himself had he managed to dredge up and allow purchase in that super-active conscience of his?

Her eyes closed as realisation hit. A baby!

This had to be all about a baby.

He couldn’t give her one, so he was freeing her so she could find someone else who could.

After all these years, he still battled the doubts that seemed to come with being the only one of his kind in an alien world.

[...]

Oh, Clark. You fatheaded, lamebrained, gorgeous hunk of self-sacrificing idiocy.
I was so concerned over what Lois's resonse would be.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! This was beautiful. thumbsup

There's a lot more in this chapter I wanted to comment on, so I'll be back later.

Oh, and thanks for giving us *2* chapters this weekend!* You had said you'd be busy, so I wasn't expecting that. sloppy

- Vicki

* Edited to add: It wasn't until I'd left the house that I realized today is Monday; the weekend is over! Anyway, it was great to wake up today and see Part 10. smile

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
That was a lovely chapter, Corrina. I loved the talk between Lois and Maddie, and Lois's realization of what was going on in Clark's mind.

You have left us with quite a cliffhanger ending! What will Clark have to report from the hospital, and what has happened to J&M! More real soon, please! I'm dying to know what comes next!

hyper

Elizabeth

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
dizzy

Looking forward to more and am really liking this ED posting schedule laugh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Am thoroughly enjoying this story.. I love situations where Lois knows something and Clark doesn't know she knows.

The emotional tug-and-release between Lois & Clark in this story was superb. smile1 smile1

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
kudos to lois for finally figuring it out! (no thanks to noncommunicative clark...) actually, i really like her thought process, not just abt. what might be bothering clark, but his internal reasoning...they really are in tune with one another... have to say, i really like this version of lois you created.

smile favorite line: "You fatheaded, lamebrained, gorgeous hunk of self-sacrificing idiocy."

oh dear... hope martha/jonathan are alright... didn't expect new twist with maddie staying over, hope her mom is alright as well...

they really need to go on this vacation and sort everything out! or at least start back in the right direction; together...

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I kinda thought Martha and Jonathan were clinic-hopping to see what they could do to help Clark save his marriage...you know, kids, and adoption, and infertility..but I could be just totally off-base there...

Was still a great part even if I did jump off the deep end there. :p :p

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
That does seem to be a setup for them to adopt Maddie.

Great part and I was also happy to see two parts in such a short time smile1

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Vicki

As people kept mentioning, this is not entirely new ground for Clark ... it made sense to me that Lois remembered it too.

Thanks, Vicki.

Elizabeth I did use Maddie to help Lois see things a little clearer - although by now, Lois has already worked out most of how she really feels.

Regarding what happens next ... I've just posted 12 and I'm planning daily posts until the end.

Thanks for the FDK.

Michael

I admit, I never expected Lois to just make an intuitive leap and figure all of Clark's behavior out like that. You just sucked all the angst out of their future confrontations because now Lois can just... umm... marital relate some sense into Clark
Firstly - rotflol

Secondly - it was never my intention to write an angsty fic, but I needed the angst to get background into the story I was trying to write. So sucking all the angst out of the situation was never a problem ... but I do like how you put it!

Thanks, Michael.

AnkKS Thanks, I'm glad to know you're enjoying it. I agree, it is fun to have Lois in the know ... it's probably payback for two seasons of her being hopelessly blind.

flowerpot I figured that with seven years of marriage behind them I could get away with some intuitive reasoning from Lois.

Thanks for you FDK.

JD No problem with jumping off the deep end! Glad you liked the part.

Thanks.

DW Thanks for your comments. Yeah, the Maddie thing was partly a set up to throw in the possibility of them adopting her. It was also to show that there are a lot of kids who lack two loving, committed parents.

Corrina.

Top Banana
Top Banana
As people kept mentioning, this is not entirely new ground for Clark ... it made sense to me that Lois remembered it too.
No, I didn't mean 'thank you' for having Lois remember - it would have been impossible for her *not* to remember. I meant that, usually, if someone makes the same mistake twice (especially if it is a really BIG mistake, and it they had promised most sincerely that they would never do it again), we are likely to be even more upset the second time around - and Lois was pretty upset the first time, if I recall. The responses by posters here on the boards to Clark repeating his mistake were not all that charitable, either. So, I was thanking you for having Lois respond by recognizing Clark's love for her and his "self-sacrificing idiocy".

Also her realization that withdrawing from Clark emotionally this past year had left him without an anchor.

It really was beautifully written. thumbsup

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Thanks for both lots of FDK, Vicki.

Also her realization that withdrawing from Clark emotionally this past year had left him without an anchor.
That was the key. I'm glad it made sense to you, Vicki. smile
Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard