Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Comments?

In case anyone is wondering, Nigel had several chores pending that night. There were more things to dispose of than Lois's building. He didn't get to the bottom of his "To Do" list that evening.

Bob

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Excellent! The evidence has been found and they have a chain of custody. And I am wondering if this will trigger Clark's memories at last.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“Ms. Lane, Mr. Kent, would either of you rather do this? After all, it was your investigation that brought us all here today.”

Clark shook his head. Lois started to say no but on an impulse reached over and pressed the button marked, ‘Play.’
HA! HA! HA! Lex is going down!!! hyper

And good work on the B-plot. It's not a sudden transformation. Clark has been working his magic on Lois slowly, just by being himself. (Interesting how he has to lose Superman to be most himself with Lois in this fic.) Now she is attracted, but she's still unsure. Her past experiences have been such federal disasters... what if Clark is another?

She's uncertain, and that's the worst thing for Lois to be. Fortunately, continuing to work with Clark will continue to show her what a great guy he is. True love awaits (in probably another 12 chapters or so... wink )

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Wonderful part! They have evidence against Lex! I love the fact that Lois and Clark have been so careful here, getting the backup they need, finding an ally in Fred, and allowing Henderson to take the lead in getting the evidence.

I, too, wonder if hearing Lex's voice will trigger Clark's memory. But probably not. My impression is that some of Clark's memories are irretrievably lost and can't be triggered, and others may come back slowly as Clark's superpowers come back.

I, too, like that the B-plot unfolds slowly. Lois isn't ready for a serious commitment right now. But she will be, in only a few more chapters, I'm sure! hyper sloppy

Ann

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Well done. I do worry that the recording will be discredited.

Nice part.

Just wondering, in Dandello's fics she tends to have Henderson figure out the Clark / Superman relationship during Nightfall.

I find myself wondering if Bill's emphasis on the harm done to Clark and NOT the murder of Superman is because he believes Clark was Superman.

Framework4
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by bobbart:
In case anyone is wondering, Nigel had several chores pending that night. There were more things to dispose of than Lois's building. He didn't get to the bottom of his "To Do" list that evening.
Good point! I did wonder...

Bob, I never expected things to be this easy. So, unless you plan to get rid of Lex next part and then spend the rest on Clark getting back into the sky and clearing up that parental mess, I'm waiting for the other shoe wave

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
There are only two battles left to win. 1) The court case and 2) the court of public opinion

It seems as if all investigators concerned are aware of this, so that makes the impossible just a touch easier.

Elisabeth

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Originally posted by Elisabeth:
There are only two battles left to win.
  • 1) The court case and
  • 2) the court of public opinion

I can think of a few more
  • Preserving the evidence
  • Keeping the witnesses alive
  • Keeping the witnesses creditable
  • Finding a prosecutor with integrity
  • Finding a Judge with integrity
  • Keeping the Federal Government from burying everything in the name of National Security
  • Keeping the Federal Government from burying everything because Luthor has friends in high places
  • Preventing jury tampering
  • Finding a news publisher willing to print anything after the first print run when they get hit with hundreds of lawsuits and court orders
  • Keeping Lois Lane alive throughout the entire process

All but the last are clearly doable

Framework4
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
c-mom:
And I am wondering if this will trigger Clark's memories at last.
Well, I guess we’ll see soon.

Iolanthe:
HA! HA! HA! Lex is going down!!!
Yes, as I’ve said before, I don’t like Lex very much. razz

Ann:
Thanks. As for the B-plat, moving it forward has felt like trying to cook a meal where the temperature had to be just right for just the right amount of time. I’m glad that it seems to be progressing in a believable manner.

Framework4:
I do worry that the recording will be discredited.
So do I. After all, there was no chain of possession. Where did that get it?
Just wondering, in Dandello's fics she tends to have Henderson figure out the Clark / Superman relationship during Nightfall.
Hmmm… Good point. I guess we’ll see.

Michael:
Bob, I never expected things to be this easy.
Hmmm. See my reply to Iolanthe. Then again, Lex is neither in jail nor dead. notworthy
It is SO hard. notworthy notworthy Feedback had been so helpful in keeping me going.

Bob

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard