Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
FDK here.

Many thanks!

Corrina.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm soooooooooo in love with this story. I've never seen Lois n Clark in this light. Great! no, make that excellent Job. Can't wait for all the other parts.

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
perry! and vivienne! cute!
looking up?

Top Banana
Top Banana
Awww... this was so sweet! I read this chapter with a great big smile on my face. I like Lois's plan!

*Vivienne*? Lois shot her husband a questioning look. He replied with a droll smile and a lazy wink.

Clark would probably never know exactly how close he'd come to being vigorously assailed by his wife.
This brings such a clear picture of Clark to my mind's eye, and I do believe if I were Lois, he wouldn't have stood a chance.

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
That was the cutest segment with the kids!

Oh boy, well, at the beginning of this, I was thinking these guys are running in the opposite directions; both hurt, neither knowing why exactly the other is hurt...kinda feels angsty and normal to me!

But there's a plan, and I like the plan.

Lois Lane is going to be Clark Kent.

I can't wait to see how she (and you!) pull this off.
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
Great part and great line

“You think I should give Clark a taste of Clark Kent?”

As long as you don't let Lois become the Lunkhead!

What a great strategy and nice little twist to the story.

Kathy
www.chili-everyway.com

robinson
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
So interesting.

One reason I'm not a whole-hearted fan of the LnC TV show is that Lois was just too self-centered and pretty much unbearable in the beginning of the show. She got much better, though, partly because of the way Clark stood by her side and gently urged and nudged her in the right direction. The way you would train a dog or a horse, almost.

Now, several years later, Lois has grown so much wiser and so much more mature. But Clark, interestingly, has grown more immature. Now he has to be dealt with as carefully as Mad Dog Lane had to be treated when Clark first met her. Now she is the horse- or the dog-trainer.

So interesting. Lois has grown wiser, more broadminded, more patient, more able to see other people's point of view. Clark has grown more immature, at least in his relationship with her.

Wonder if we'll reach the point where Lois will have to throw him in the dumpster. Or, for that matter, where Clark will apologize for being galactically stupid.

Ann

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I love it that Lois is thinking how to win Clark back. But blaming Clark so much as being the immature one -- I don't think that's quite fair, as Lois should know by now how much her tears affect him, and he has always blamed himself for making her cry. Frankly, I don't understand why it doesn't occur to her that she should explain why she started crying after they had just made love, which is the biggest thing that sent Clark on this mission to make Lois happy, of course thinking that the only thing that will is being able to have a baby. He's not thinking straight because he's so distraught over this. When we get so emotionally involved in things, it's so easy to lose our perspective and keep blaming ourselves. He's such a good person that he's taking the rap for making Lois miserable, and still can't see the forest for the trees, but he's totally working off his emotions. But Lois at least is taking good steps to get his attention and taking the time to talk to him more, get him talking about little things that should lead to talking more about the big things in their way.

He's such a sweetie with so much love and feeling so desperate to make everything better for Lois. Sometimes I feel so bad about something that happened with my own sweetheart that I have blamed myself heavily, later to learn it wasn't that bad or much of a problem and it wasn't really my fault. I guess I relate to him; guess I should join the lunkhead club too then. huh

EvelynC
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
love the conversation between lois and perry! nice twist that instead of fighting clark's stubbornness with pure hot headedness on lois's part, she's matured enough to be patient with him...

love the character vivienne!

would've love to see perry having a moment with clark as well... though it's a nice balance, with clark sharing with his mom, and now lois with her old mentor. hmmm, wonder what he thinks of jimmy quitting...

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Ahh, you didn't invite me to the pizza party to meet Lois Lane? Vivienne seems like a great, fun character!

Great part - I really enjoyed it and smiled the whole way through to the end.

Loved the part with the teenagers - hope you have the next scenes in the kitchen also and how that will unfold.

Cannot wait to Lois become "Clark" to Clark - will he notice that later on (the almost role reversal)?

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
LOL to Vivienne clap Perry was fun and very interesting advice there to lois laugh

Pushed back onto the table and thoroughly ... extensively ... kissed.

And that would just be the beginning.

Regardless of the spectators.

And the pizza toppings.
I did not see that coming shock And I think it wouldn't be g-rated laugh

“Hey, Perfect, why’d you hang out with a bunch of feral kids when your wife looks like that?”
Well... well... well...

“Clark is always so purr-fectly dressed, we weren’t going to tell him he was covered in flour,” the kid explained. “I’m Beau,” he added.
So, that's the baseball. Basketball?

Lois glanced behind her to locate her bag. When she turned back the guns had gone.

The men had gone too.

They were in a rather undignified heap on the sidewalk with Superman standing over them. He tied them together and materialised next to her. “Are you all right?” he asked, his anxiety quickening his words.
I guess they were lucky devil

Great fun. Looking forward to my morning laugh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
T
This story twangs my heartstrings, Corrina. I can see Clark beating himself up, blaming himself for "failing" his beloved wife, while Lois beats herself up for "failing" her beloved husband. And I can tell you, from a male perspective, that if I found my wife crying following a particularly tender and intimate moment, my first question would be to ask what I'd done to hurt her.

Clark's reaction and interpretation of the situation was typical of the American male - and that's what he is, at least from a cultural point of view. He doesn't view his woman as chattel or property or a path to political power. He married her out of love, and that's how he relates to her.

Of course all this would go away if they'd talk to each other, but what would be the fun of that? This is a completely believable scenario, especially given the personalities and temperaments of our two lovebirds.

“Hey, Perfect, why’d you hang out with a bunch of feral kids when your wife looks like that?”

Clark didn’t reply. As least not that Lois heard.
Well, what could he say to a bunch of under-age and over-knowledged teens? An embarrassed smile is probably the best response to a comment like that.

So, you're posting when?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Seme Thanks, Seme. So glad you're enjoying this, despite it being a little rugged in places.

Sarah Definitely looking up, Sarah. Thanks.

Vicki

This brings such a clear picture of Clark to my mind's eye, and I do believe if I were Lois, he wouldn't have stood a chance.
rotflol rotflol

Thanks, Vicki.

JD

Lois Lane is going to be Clark Kent.
I thought that could be fun.

Thanks, Shadow.

Kathy I think we're past the lunkheadedness. Thanks for your comments, Kathy.

Ann Both Lois and Clark show maturity and wisdom. Both Lois and Clark show immaturity. I guess it all depends on what you choose to concentrate on.

Thanks, Ann.

Evelyn

Frankly, I don't understand why it doesn't occur to her that she should explain why she started crying after they had just made love,
This will come out later, but Lois doesn't know for sure that Clark saw her tears because she was asleep. Does she mention it and risk hurting him unnecessarily? Or does she just hope he didn't realise she was crying?

I, too, find it very easy to lose perspective, particularly when emotions are involved.

Thanks, Evelyn.

Flowerpot Some of what you mention we will get to ... some we won't. Thanks for your FDK.

DW Glad you like Viv. Thanks.

hope you have the next scenes in the kitchen also and how that will unfold.
The entire next chapter is the pizza party. I was so smile when I read this comment, knowing what was coming.

Michael

No, *this* Beau is not *that* Beau. laugh

Thanks for all your wonderful FDK, Michael.

Terry So nice to get another male's perspective, Terry.

Thanks for your comments. I'm glad it all seems believable to you.

Corrina.

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I got hopelessly behind, but decided tonight to do some catching up.

I must admit that I got hopelessly distracted when I realized that Clark regularly hung out alone with a bunch of teens. In the groups that I volunteer with that would never be allowed, for good reason. All it takes is one girl to make a stupid choice with her boyfriend and then tell one whopper of a lie to have a man's life ruined. And then there would be court orders for the DNA sample that Clark didn't want to donate. I know, Clark is supposed to be naive and everything, but he's lived enough in the big city and volunteered with enough people who have been around the block before that I can't imagine him sticking to the rule of always having two adults with children or teens, particularly when the meeting is behind closed doors.

Elisabeth
who doesn't mean to have her first feedback be constructive criticism--it just worked out that way

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Not meaning to disagree on Clark not being allowed to volunteer solo, but my experience has been that usually just avoiding one-on-one, there isn't a problem. I've been a volunteer, worked with volunteers and supervised volunteers. Some places must be more strict than others.?? I'm in CA and have worked for several state agencies.

Perhaps this was the first time Clark was on his own with them, and it was approved only as a group activity, as it does sound like they usually meet at a Center. huh

EvelynC
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Of course, I've been somewhat alone with the kids before when I volunteered. But being in a room with the door opened and lots of other people in the building is very different than being alone in a car with them or inviting them to be alone in your house.

Think of it in a school setting. Has there ever been a field trip where there wasn't a second adult? The other parents aren't just there to supervise as the kids go through tours and such. They're also there for general safety.

Supervising teens it's doubly important, because teens are just as apt to do something inappropriate as a pedophile would. Remember that pedophiles are usually nice guys who get along fabulously with the kids, just like Clark gets along fabulously (albeit innocently) with these teens.

Elisabeth

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I have to agree that Clark is being Lunkheaded, but on the other hand, Lois should have explained why she was crying.

Lois should also not assume Clark is on the same page. She should ask Clark what he thinks she is trying to accomplish.

Although he is equally to blame for not being clear about what he thinks she is doing. He should bring up the baby issue directly.

John Pack Lambert

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard