Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
OK, we've bottomed out.

The only way is up. smile

Corrina.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I really like this story and feel so bad for all the characters!!! Looking forward to situations improving for everyone

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Clark is going on vacation with Lois, isn't he?

And they will spend much time talking and sorting things out? Or maybe that will only happen when they get back?

Looking forward to the next part smile1

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I think Clark is being a stubborn idiot. His wife will agree with me. He is acting very unClark like. He should be smacked with a Kryptonite chunck of rock. Infertility is nor easy but I know he would be with her in her pain and not trying to back out of the marriage. What a dope! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
crying like a baby here

Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow.

Cookysmom* and DW say Clark is so stupid he doesn’t deserve to be married to Lois.

Betty says Clark is being high-handed and self-absorbed.

Rac says Clark is acting like a juvenile.

Ann says Clark only wants Lois if she is able to have children.

Laurach says Clark is acting un-Clarklike.

And Michael thinks this story is FUN!

All the while, I’m sitting here going, “Am I reading the same story everybody else is?” dizzy

Actually, I'm enjoying reading everyone else's take on this. I think it's fascinating that we seem be looking at this from such different points of view.

Although, OK, I'll grant Michael his point. This story is incredibly sad and heart-wrenching, but yeah, I'm having fun. smile

I especially liked this:
Clark was distancing from her. She got that.

But the look they had shared earlier was definitely not the look of a man whose love had gone irretrievably cold.

So why the distance?

Did he know something she didn’t? Was he worried about something? Something that threatened their life together? Was his secret about to be exposed? Was someone blackmailing him? Was someone threatening her safety?

She didn’t know.

But she intended to find out.
Now, *that's* Lois!

Oh, and Clark's reaction to Lois reading his text message. Too cute!

- Vicki

* I tried typing this with an "ie" but kept getting an error message saying that word was not allowed. So, I had to change it to "cooky". huh

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Another awesome part! And loooong hyper

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
favorite line:
"But ... she intended to take whatever delusions he had fostered in that Kryptonian brain of his and systematically obliterate them until he had no option but to accept the truth." haha

glad they cleared up the confusion abt. his source vivienne... thought with lucy's situation that lois might possibly suspect the same of clark, as if they needed to add that to the mix!

it's interesting that clark's one track mind only thinks abt. the fact that lois wants to make a baby... then blames himself... he never seems angry/frustrated (or maybe allows himself to feel angry/sad/frustrated) abt. the fact that lois chooses career over their life together... actually it makes sense if he thinks it's abt. her grieving over not being able to have children...

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Joy Thanks for letting me know you're reading the fic, Joy. I'm glad you're enjoying it.

DW Vacation? Yes, but possibly not as simply as you're imagining/hoping.

Talking? Maybe.

Thanks, DW.

Laura Ouch! Clark is trying to back out because he thinks that is best for Lois, not because he wants out of a difficult situation.

Thanks, Laura.

Sarah But it gets better. Thanks, Sarah.

Vicki

Actually, I'm enjoying reading everyone else's take on this. I think it's fascinating that we seem be looking at this from such different points of view.
Me too.

Thanks, Vicki.

Michael

And boy, will I look out of it when you do drop another hammer
Do you *really* want to know if there is a hammer? wink

Thanks, Michael.

Flowerpot

it's interesting that clark's one track mind only thinks abt. the fact that lois wants to make a baby... then blames himself... he never seems angry/frustrated (or maybe allows himself to feel angry/sad/frustrated) abt. the fact that lois chooses career over their life together... actually it makes sense if he thinks it's abt. her grieving over not being able to have children...
Great insight ... well, I think it is because that's what I was trying to portray! laugh

Thanks, Flowerpot.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard