Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Okay, I've finished writing a section to insert between part 13 and part 14. I still have to do some editing, but I plan to post it as part 13b when it's ready. I suspect it should be up sometime in the next couple of hours.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Okay, so part 13b is now up. Thought it made more sense not to start a new thread for this new section and just rename this thread.

Anyway, keep in mind that I haven't had nearly as much time to edit this section, so there may be some mistakes.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Thank you! That was awesome, exactly what was needed. You're the best!

And I just loved this line...

It had been the touch of his hand on her cheek that had told her that he was Superman.
Thanks again, can hardly wait for the epilogue!

Cheers
Elizabeth

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
ooh, that would give me nightmares just contemplating having to amputate his hands... wow, lois is strong!

R
Rac Offline
Columnist
Columnist
R
Ah, that was brilliantly evil. And I thought I was mean to Clark. Blood poisoning was truly inspired. Having Lois contemplate the best object with which to disarticulate her fiance was particularly gruesome. Way to go, ML, I salute you! I'm intrigued to find out who does own the island.

Oh, and I know you're a lawyer, but are you really going to leave your readers hanging as to whether Clark can get arrested for kidnapping? I mean, if Lois refuses to cooperate, it's pretty much impossible for anyone to make a case that he kidnapped her. She could just as easily claim she was in on the 'sting' to flush Deter out and prove what a psychopathic creep and embezzler he was. Since he appears to be dead, though, I suppose there won't be a prosecution of him, but still...

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nice job all around though the whole cutting his hands off thing had me scared. I am looking forward to the epilogue. I hope it ends happy. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Part 13b was horrible! And horribly good. Imagine Lois contemplating to cut off Clark's hands! Just imagine! (I'm thinking about a handless Clark working as a reporter. Or a handless Clark getting about his daily life. Getting dressed, anyone? Or a handless Superman flying to the rescue.)

And almost instantly, she was lost in memories of the ways these hands had touched her. The way his hand came out, gently touching her on the small of her back when they walked together. The way their hands hand lingered, sending heat through her body when they'd shaken hands in the elevator of the Planet when they'd been planning their first date. The way his hands often slipped beneath her hair to cup her cheeks when he kissed her. It had been the touch of his hand on her cheek that had told her that he was Superman. She raised his bruised hand to her lips, gently kissing it as tears fell unheaded from her eyes.
That's a wonderful paragraph. Thank you for bringing it out so vividly and heartrendingly.

Ann

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
I am so glad that you decided to include part 13b. I forgot to say last time that I also thought such a part needed to be included!

Anyway, can't wait for the next (and final) part - hope you tie up all the loose ends smile

S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
The Navy should show up about now...

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Great addition, ML! It was a bit difficult to read, but it worked great blush

Good point, SJH. Maybe the island was one close to a nuclear testing site and by now, Lois and Clark are able to glow on their own. dizzy

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Now we just need to see the alternate version where Lois actually does cut off Clark's hands to save his life.

I wonder if he'd be grateful?

Tank (who often thinks of such things... what?)

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
are you really going to leave your readers hanging as to whether Clark can get arrested for kidnapping?
laugh

Now we just need to see the alternate version where Lois actually does cut off Clark's hands to save his life.
After your story, Love Disabled , anything I could do on the subject would be second rate.

And thanks, everyone, for your comments. Glad you enjoyed the extra part. My thanks to Elizabeth and Tank for the idea. wave

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard