Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Warning: The epilogue might be angst ridden and you might all wish you’d never read it. Or... maybe not. It might be pure waff. Or... maybe not. One thing I will tell you is that it’s long, but that it will be posted in one piece so you only have to put up for me for one more post. laugh

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
And that one post will be... when exactly? wink

Very nice wrapup so far. Of course, we need to know what happens when they get back. Had forgotten Clark didn't realize that Lois had remembered everything already.

Am glad amputations weren't necessary.

But this part seemed so short =D. We need another one soon!

[It really did seem short, but maybe it just read fast? Or maybe I'm just glad my sister is gone and I can go to bed?]

So, is the next fic in the works? Cuz we shall need more ML fic at some point =D.

Carol [who watched some curling last night and tried desperately not to giggle every time someone said 'hard']

R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
Great part and wonderful ending. It left me with a nice warm waffy feeling. What a way for them to get to know each other better.

Kathy
www.chili-everyway.com

robinson
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
sweet! smile

ooh, a tease for the epilogue... angst? a sign of sequels to come?

loved the originality of the story... yet it still focused on the lois/clark relationship that we love best.

thx for posting!

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Ah, what a sweet ending! hyper

Ann

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Great chapter! I'm looking forward to the epilogue in the hope it ties up the loose ends associated with their return to Metropolis and any kidnapping charges against Clark.

I would have liked a chapter between this one and the previous one with more detail and a bit of angst while Lois cared for Clark during his recovery. Would have been a good balance to those scenes where Clark was running around looking after Lois when he first brought her to the island. Still, it could be added in couldn't it?! wink .... maybe I just can't get enough of this story! laugh

As mentioned, I am now looking forward to a LONG epilogue. Please post it soon! smile1

Cheers
Elizabeth

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Her body next to him in bed, curled up against his good side. The sweet smell of her hair and the light touch of her hand on his chest.
Awww smile

But there was no Lois here now.
Now that's got to be jarring experience.

“I had no idea what to do. I had no antibiotics and no way to get you help and for a time I even thought that maybe I’d have to cut your hands off to keep the infection from spreading...”
Now she's thinking of it. Because, you know, using the ever handy fire axe also works for removing kryptonite rings from bad guys.

And how could he, who claimed to love her, have ever put her in such a precarious position?
wave

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Great part!

I am glad that they returned safely (and in one piece) to the island smile

Looking forward to the looong epilogue hyper

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Another victory for the talented digits of ML. This story was an orginal set-up, well thought out, well written, and well paced.

And best of all, it delivered what we all wanted, regarding Lois and Clark getting back together.

It might have been fun watching Lois wrestle with the idea of cutting off Clark's hands to save him. Maybe right up to the point of her looking for and finding something to use to accomplish the task. I can see her 'chickening out' as memories of what those hands can do to her came back to her.

Looking forward to the epilogue.

Tank (who says he can imagine how disappointed the gentle readers are going to be when, now that Lois and Clark are back together, they are separated for many years when Clark goes to prison for kidnapping)

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
And that one post will be... when exactly?
Monday at midnight, of course. laugh

But this part seemed so short
I tried to make each part was approximately ten pages. This part was nine. So it wasn't, in fact, all that short. So you must have just read it fast, Carol, in your rush to get to bed. laugh

who watched some curling last night and tried desperately not to giggle every time someone said 'hard'
I also watched some curling last night. The game between Murdock of Great Britain and Martin of Canada was a real nail biter. I've seen those two play a number of times and I think this is the first time I've seen Martin win. They played in the world championships last year (I think) and Murdock pulled off a brilliant last shot to steal the game (after a very controversial call by Martin to throw away his second to last shot because he didn't think there was anything Murdock could do to win). I'd love to see the gold metal game be between those two. However, I don't think I giggled once because someone yelled 'hard.' laugh

That's what I've been doing during this Olympics, flipping through channels, looking for whoever is covering the curling. I'm pretty sure I even watched one game where the commentary was in Chinese because I couldn't find an English channel covering the game. laugh (Sorry for the off topic rant, but when someone mentions curling... I can't quite help myself blush )

It left me with a nice warm waffy feeling
Then my job has been accomplished.

Lois and Clark exchange smoochies and maybe something more, but then again maybe not, since this is a PG fic!
Well, I know what I think, but... laugh

I'm looking forward to the epilogue in the hope it ties up the loose ends associated with their return to Metropolis and any kidnapping charges against Clark.
who says he can imagine how disappointed the gentle readers are going to be when, now that Lois and Clark are back together, they are separated for many years when Clark goes to prison for kidnapping
One thing I will say about the epilogue... It will answer the one question on everyone's mind: Who the heck owns that cabin? laugh (and my thanks to Carol Malo for the answer to that one)

I would have liked a chapter between this one and the previous one with more detail and a bit of angst while Lois cared for Clark during his recovery.
I did start to write it that way, but then I thought: everyone knows I'm not going to leave them floating around in the ocean and everyone knows that I'm not going to kill Clark, so really, isn't it just a whole lot of false angst? However, after reading...

It might have been fun watching Lois wrestle with the idea of cutting off Clark's hands to save him. Maybe right up to the point of her looking for and finding something to use to accomplish the task. I can see her 'chickening out' as memories of what those hands can do to her came back to her.
...I'm thinking... People might wonder if ML would have Lois cut Clark's hands off. So... maybe I will see if I can write a believable scene to that effect.

I am now looking forward to a LONG epilogue
Looking forward to the looong epilogue
Maybe I should qualify the use of the term 'long'. I mean that, whereas, most of my posts were around ten pages long, the epilogue will be about fifteen pages long. (Sorry, if I got your hopes up for a realllly long epilogue. blush )

Now she's shy? Just minutes earlier, she was hoping to jum- catch naked Clark while he's cleaning up...
There's a big difference between her seeing him naked and letting him see her naked. laugh (Besides, this is a PG-13 story so what did you expect. laugh )

She's probably watching his naked feet, his toes twitching nervously
Hey, did you get a sneak peek at the Epilogue or something? (Don't worry, you'll understand when you read it)

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
There's a big difference between her seeing him naked and letting him see her naked. [Big Grin]
Right, she isn't a mind-wiped prisoner with an overactive libido anymore, having to try to seduce her way out of the precarious situation.
(Besides, this is a PG-13 story so what did you expect. [Big Grin] )
Well, you could have just not mentioned him looking away wink

People might wonder if ML would have Lois cut Clark's hands off.
Hmm... yeah, I do have to admit, ever since I told myself Dillinger wouldn't succeed with Lois in TNPLH, I stopped expecting bad things to happen to Lois. You never made it clear about Clark, though. Never put him in that precarious a position. So, I guess you'd have to actually start cutting. Then, in future stories, you could get away with scaring people silly once more without actually damaging the goods.

So, another 30 hours? mecry

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
35-1/2 hours. Too long.

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Okay, I'm currently working on the addition between the last chapter and this one and I need some help about tides. Maybe I should be asking this in the fanfic related section, but I thought I'd try here first so as not to give away anything to anyone who hasn't read the story yet.

Okay, so here's the question. I don't know much about tides. But I want the tide to be going out, leaving the boat higher on the shore, after Lois manages to drag it ashore. It's early in the morning. So... is that possible?

ML wave

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
dizzy I read your question and of course, I had to go check. You know what? Tides are complex. Lois is simple compared to them. The most important bit I gleamed from a quick wiki-study: tidal periods are 12 hours, 25 (?) minutes long, so does this mean the time for the high tide varies? I think so. So, I guess, you can get away with it quite easily, especially since the location of their island is unknown. huh

Michael

PS: My contenders for the ownership:
* Bruce and Dick's love nest.
* Lex and Arianna's Caribbean hide away.
* Arthur Chow's fortress of solitude.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Quick question.... "Monday at midnight" means.... what? Do you mean Sunday night/Monday morning or do you mean Monday night/Tuesday morning?

I figured it would be tonight. So that would be about 7.5 hours from now, correct?!?!? laugh

Perry: (To Lois) Honey, this could be greatest story since Superman came to town. By-the-by, where is that husband of yours?
--Faster Than a Speeding Vixon
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Like Michael said, there are high tides and low tides twice a day, so it wouldn't be a problem for the tide to be going out in the morning. For example, I just checked today's tide table for Nassau in the Bahamas and low tide was about 6:29 this morning, so if they landed 5:00 am, the tide would've still been on its way out. And if you need it to be a different time for high or low tide, just pick a different time of year.

[added] Apparently in Nassau (which I chose at random), the time of high tide changes by about 1 hour 10 minutes a day, because this Wednesday the high tides will occur at 3:21am and 3:47pm. So if you want Lois to land the boat just after sunrise (because she saw the sun peak out), let her land it right after high tide, and pull it farther up on shore before the next high tide hits early that evening.

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Thanks, guys, for the info about tides. So unless someone thinks there is a problem, I'll go with the tide going out. (I just don't want to have to deal with the boat drifting back out to sea along with everything else blush )

Do you mean Sunday night/Monday morning or do you mean Monday night/Tuesday morning?
Although I'm pretty sure you already know the answer to this... I mean, Monday night/Tuesday morning.

ML wave

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yes, the time of high tide and low tide varies from day to day. It all depends on the phase of the moon. Here in NZ - and I presume elsewhere in the world - when the moon is full or it is at new moon phase, high tide is around midday and midnight and consequently low tide is around about 6am and 6pm. The peak of each tide changes by roughly half an hour each time, ie half an hour later than the last one. Therefore when the moon is at first quarter or last quarter stages then the low tide would be around about the middle of the day or midnight. The height of the tides also vary accordingly. Hope that simplified explanation helps.

Really looking forward to that extra chapter! smile1

Cheers
Elizabeth

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
And there is usually a line of debris (seaweed, broken shells, driftwood, and trash) right at the high tide line, so Lois would be able to tell that they were almost at the high tide line.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh, I forgot to mention, it also depends on whether you are on the east coast or the west coast! I live on the west coast of the South Island in NZ and our tide times for high and low tide are the more or less opposite to those of the east coast of the South Island.

Therefore the tide could easily depend on the size of the island and which coast they are on.

Either way, tides are variable so you can have the tide at whatever stage you like I guess.

Here's a link to the website I use for our local tide information... http://www.linz.govt.nz/hydro/tidal-info/index.aspx

Cheers
Elizabeth

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard