Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Comments here.

Thanks.

Corrina.

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
hmm unexpected turn.... curious abt choice of title for the story...

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I am hoping Clark decides to stop being stupidly noble, but I am sure it won't happen quickly, since we have so many chapters still to go! I'm glad to see he couldn't help himself coming to Lois when she was genuinely in distress. I suspect that even if he did manage to push her away and even initiate a divorce, the phrase "Help, Superman!" will still bring him flying back, faster than anything.

Lucy should move in with Lois, and then with twins around, Lois would be too exhausted to miss having one of her own! Kids are wonderful, but it's also nice to be able to give them back to someone else. laugh

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Can't wait to see how the story unfolds. Loving it. Great job

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Good thing there was nobody around to hear my strangled cry of "Scardino!" smile

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Yeah, also wondered who Lucy's husband was?

Anyway, interesting to see Clark wanting to spend less time with Lois and Lois wanting exactly the opposite smile

Great part, BTW!

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
I seriously hope that the divorce you mentioned will be the one of Scardino and poor Lucy. And I, too, hope that Clark will not pretend to have another woman just to make Lois divorce him.

This is another fantastic part. Love your writing!

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“Hi, Lois,” he said in a tone not unlike the one he would use to an acquaintance.
Is she going to worry about Clark straying? of course, given her father, that's not going to make her look for another man. Not if even Clark cheated on her. It would turn her into a nun. Or a lesbian. But she wouldn't be looking for another man. Maybe she's go invitro, though.

Now, his whole future rested on what happened in the next few days. And he had way more than a few doubts about his ability to do what needed to be done.

The elevator opened and Clark stepped out of it. His eyes automatically sought Lois’s office and he caught a glimpse of her through the window.

His heart surged again. She was so beautiful.

And he loved her.
I think you're doing a great job at ripping him apart down the middle dizzy

His response wasn’t instant, but when it came – when *he* captured *her* - it weakened her knees and surged desire through her insides.

Far too soon, Clark broke away from her with a grimace of regret she’d seen a thousand times. It fanned the fire burning inside her and she turned a suggestive smile on him.

“I have to go,” he rasped.

“See you for lunch,” she said. And I *will* see you tonight, she promised both of them.

“I’ll try.” Clark shut her door. Lois stepped forward to the window and watched her husband disappear up the stairwell.
And Lois doesn't understand, is just trying to revive what they had. dizzy

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
At first, I want to tell you that you have an amazing writing and great ideas !

But I almost had a heart attack when Clark decided to offer a divorce because he thought Lois was too unhappy because they are childless.
However I am glad that as the same time, when Clark is trying to push her away, she does the contrary and wants to become closer to him ! She didn't see that he does it but when she will, I'm not sure I want to know the suite ! I hope she will be angrier that hurt and will succeed to convince him how wrong he is and that she'll never let him go !

About Lucy, it's horrible, Scardino is a real b****** ! I hope she'll sue him for divorce !

Why love is so complicated !

Waiting impatiently the following parts !

Top Banana
Top Banana
Clark had sounded agitated. As if he hadn’t been expecting her call. As if her call was not only unexpected, but also inconvenient.

What could he have been doing?
A husband answers the phone, agitated, as if his wife's call is not only unexpected, but also inconvenient. What could he have been doing? Lois, of course, has no reason not to trust Clark. But still, a woman can't help but wonder...

[...] she had told him in forceful terms that he had no concept of the stresses of trying to run an entire newspaper and he was going to have to accept that she wasn’t available to accompany him out for a meal whenever he had nothing better to do.
Ouch.

“He’s having an affair.”

[...]

“But you didn’t know he ...” Lois couldn’t even bring herself to say it.

“No. Not until this morning.”
OK, I have a history of jumping to conclusions while reading your stories, Corrina, but I just don't see how Lois can resist the temptation to put Clark's strange behavior together with Lucy's sad experience, and not come up with some very distressing conclusions. I think things are going to get *very* interesting.

Off to read... Oh, no! There *IS* no Part 4! Aaarg.

I do love your stories, Corrina. I can't wait for you to come back and post more.

- Vicki

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
flowerpot
curious abt choice of title for the story
I said it was a last minute decision. Hopefully it will be come clearer. Thanks for FDK.

cookiesmom You know, the whole Lucy and the kids moving in with Lois and Clark is not something I had considered ... but, it could work. Thanks.

Seme Thanks for leaving FDK. I'm glad you're enjoying the fic.

Amy What can I say? He's my favourite scapegoat.

DW The whole idea of them pulling in different directions was one of the initial threads for this fic.

Thanks.

bakasi The divorce won't be Lois and Clark.

Thanks for your comments.

Michael

So, you *can* finish this in three parts? You just don't want to.
Initially, this fic was going to be three parts! Then I realised background was needed. We haven't even got to the start yet.

Thanks, Michael.

Annalina

Why love is so complicated !
Possibly because if it were simple, the story would risk being short and boring!

Thanks for all your kind comments, Annalina.

Vicki Uhhm, any woman would probably have questions ... even if she had a totally trustworthy husband. Thanks for your FDK, Vicki.

Corrina.

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I still hold that Clark is a lunkhead. I was hoping this incident would dissuade him from his stupidity, but I guess that would make it a much shorter story.

John Pack Lambert
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Thanks Chelo and John for bumping up this old story.

Earlier this year, I dusted off my Treasure Chest file and edited it in preparation for the Archive. During the last few chapters, I got the sense it wasn't quite right and put it back on the shelf, planning one final re-read before submission. I haven't actually got to that re-read yet, but what I do have is smoother and more polished than what is on the boards.

If you wish to continue reading and you'd like to take advantage of the improved version, email me at hawka@iinet.net.au and I'll send you the file. smile

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard