Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I was thinking that I could end it here with simply a note about how Lois and Clark were lost at sea, their bleached and putrid remains finally washing ashore somewhere along the eastern coast of the USA. So... what do you all think? Is this a good place to end it?

peep

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Send them to see Desmond and friends. I bet Superman would come in handy on an island with a Smoke Monster wink .

Good for Lois ditching Deter. Good for Clark making it to the boat unnoticed. Bad for you leaving us there and even threatening to leave them in the boat for all eternity!

So can we convince you to post tomorrow?

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Whew, much, much better! I'm ok with an eternity of boat ride now that Deter's met his match.

dance

Hm, I some how made this post full of morbidity...

Great part!
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I was thinking that I could end it here with simply a note about how Lois and Clark were lost at sea, their bleached and putrid remains finally washing ashore somewhere along the eastern coast of the USA. So... what do you all think? Is this a good place to end it?
Only if you have them land on the shore of a deserted island and live there in happiness for the next 60 years first.

That ending would avoid all the complications of returning to Metropolis.

But I think we need a few more chapters instead.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Nice work! But I knew you'd leave us with another cliffhanger ending!!!! frown

Needing more already! wave
Elizabeth

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Lois has a plan - check
It doesn't quite work - check
Lois has a new plan - check
Lois beats up the bad guy - check
Lois and Clark find one another - check
Lots of action (bullets, explosions, etc.) as they try to escape - check
The bad guy gets what he deserves - check
Clark's injury presents a new complication - check
Lois and Clark die a horrible, painful death at sea - um, no...I don't think that will work.

"Women frustrate men because they're too complicated. Men frustrate women because they're not complicated enough."
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Yeah, well, send a note to H.G. Wells about it and he can send the scenario back in time to Verdi so Verdi can write an opera about it. You know that the heroine is supposed to die in operas, and I guess she might take her lover with her. It's romantic, isn't it, the idea of the star-crossed lovers dying in each other's arms in a tiny boat at sea while the North Star glitters serenely above them.

[Linked Image]

This boat has got sails, darn it. Well, it might be sailing straight into eternity anyway.

Sailing

Ann

S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
Oy! Where are the cops when you need them?

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
Merriwether
Merriwether
Ah, I love it when the bad guy gets what's coming to him. I figured something like that would happen when you mentioned the gas smell. laugh I'm not sure bleached bones are the way to go, though.

LOL, Carol... sadly, I think they're in the wrong ocean.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
wave

I thought of so many great quips while reading this morning. Unfortunately, now it's late and my mind is only showing white noise when I'm trying to dig up feedback. frown

So, a big I LOVED IT will have to do blush

Michael

PS: Now that Lois is conveniently (almost) naked, all that's needed is for Clark to recover before Lois becomes too dehydrated. laugh

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
yay! no more deter, no more deter..i think i'l be ok now, unless of course the next part includes a rise from the dead..

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Bad for you leaving us there and even threatening to leave them in the boat for all eternity!
I'm ok with an eternity of boat ride
Okay, now I'm confused about what to do. I suppose I could try writing something more, maybe see if I can come up with something that's better than leaving them in the boat for eternity. Hmmm... Well, I guess I'll have to think about it. wink

That ending would avoid all the complications of returning to Metropolis.
See, my ending also avoids all those messy questions that returning to Metropolis might cause. Yep. That leaving them drifting in the boat is looking better and better.

Lois and Clark die a horrible, painful death at sea - um, no...I don't think that will work.
After all those 'checks' you gave to the other elements of the story, I want a 'check' for the ending too. Are you sure you can't give me one for the horrible, painful death at sea?

It's romantic, isn't it, the idea of the star-crossed lovers dying in each other's arms in a tiny boat at sea while the North Star glitters serenely above them.
See, that's exactly what I was thinking! Think... Romeo and Juliette. What could be more romantic?

I'm not sure bleached bones are the way to go, though.
No? I thought I made a pretty good argument for it.

i think i'l be ok now, unless of course the next part includes a rise from the dead..
Well, Luthor came back from the dead... wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
cliffhanger! nooo..... smile hmm., hope clark recovers soon from loss of power, then he should be ok right?

whew! glad to see the lois and clark team back in business smile

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh go on, please post tonight. I just buried my cat of 16 years today, so I could do with a good read to cheer me up. frown

Elizabeth

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Oh go on, please post tonight. I just buried my cat of 16 years today, so I could do with a good read to cheer me up.
Okay, that one got me. I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. Buried my dog of 14 years this summer so I know how it feels. Problem is that the story part isn't quite ready to post. I'm still doing some editing. But I will make sure that it's ready to post tonight at midnight EST.

ML wave

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Great part smile except for the way in which you supposedly want to end this frown ...

I think we all want a kind of happy ending - with Lois and Clark living happily on an island (not sure I can imagine Lois living on an island for the rest of time though), unless you have an interesting way to resolve the kidnapping charges for when they return to Metropolis.

Can we have the next part soon?

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Thank you, ML. I look forward to it. smile

Elizabeth

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
its almost midnight!

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Just to let you know... I'm working on it. It should be up in about fifteen minutes (unless I get distracted and forget, of course laugh )

ML wave

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard