R
Thanks for your comments, everyone.

Regards,

Rac

R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
Great part! I love seeing them make progress together and have some happy times in their life. Although Clark needs to share with Lois. I do understand he just wants to ignore it and have them get back to a new normal where good things happen to them.

Kathy
www.chili-everyway.com

robinson
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What I like about your fic (one of the many things), Rac, is that in every chapter, you have some outwardly simple phrase that, when more closely examined, reveals worlds inside.

From the depths of his anguish, from the heart of the darkest despair, he had risen up to build his life again.
And isn't that good advice for all of us? And aren't we all capable of doing that, with Superman as an example?

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
It's a good thing to have Iolanthealias come before me and say the smart things. I agree with her that the sentence she quoted was a very good and memorable one.

I loved Lois and Clark's new house, and how they got it, and how that old lady got well paid for it and could buy herself a decent place to live. And because we have been speaking about the English language in an Off Topic post, I want to say that I love the word "fixer upper"! As long as I don't have to buy a fixer upper myself and fix it up!

I'm glad, too, that Jonathan and Martha seem to be moving in with Lois and Clark. The description of Jonathan's increasing frailty was moving, I thought.

Ann

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, the brownstone wasn't a surprise by now but really well done clap

Over the few weeks they’d been back at work, they’d developed the habit of talking to one another in soft whispers, knowing the other was perfectly capable of hearing them.
laugh

I think he dreams won't start going away until he tells Lois about killing Nor and thus ridding himself of his guilt and nagging conscience about killing a man. At least, that's how they start looking to me, more his subconscious and less PTSS.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
R
Rac Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
R
Thanks for your comments, everyone.

Hi Kathy. I agree that while Clark wants to ignore what happened and what is still lurking in the shadows, it probably isn't the best thing for him. He can be stubborn, though.

Thanks for your very kind comments, Iolan. I agree that it is a good lesson for all of us - rising up from a defeat is difficult, but it makes victory much more meaningful.

Ann, thanks for your feedback. I'm glad you liked the house (I figured they needed a lucky break). I'm also glad to hear you found the description of Jonathan's condition moving. Farming seems like a hard, demanding profession, and one not easy to maintain into one's golden years. I always liked how Jonathan maintained a very salt-of-the-Earth persona, down to the fact that his own view of who he is as a person and what he contributes is tied to what he does for a living. He grows food - tends and nurtures it from the land. He understands and appreciates hard work and its simple rewards. Unlike Martha, he seems uncomfortable in unfamiliar surroundings and with the pace of Metropolis. It can't be an easy thing for him to do - to give up his work and the places that are familiar to him all at once.

Thanks for your comments, Michael. I know it wouldn't really work to make the brownstone a surprise, I just wanted it to be a reasonable twist of fate. wink Glad you liked the little description of their 'cheating' with their powers at work. I always thought that they would have had a lot of fun together if they were both super-powered.

But you are right, Clark is still carrying a burden he is stubbornly refusing to relinquish. As much as it's eating away at him though, I think he is still far more afraid of the potential damage to his relationship with his wife from telling her the truth.

There will be more soon. Thanks for continuing to read and provide such wonderful feedback!

Regards,

Rac

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard