Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Don’t you just love the day of reckoning? Well, Lois, that’s what you get for diving in without checking the water level first.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
What a cliff-hanger! How long do I have to wait to find out what Lois says to Clark?!

hyper Can't wait for more!

Cheers
Elizabeth

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
So much fun to wake up to a new chapter this morning! Thank you.

The old Lois is finally starting to come back. Good. And of course she had the sense NOT to write Clark=Superman in her diaries.

There's still a way for her to go and a lot for them to deal with, including the kidnapping charges against Clark.

Yes, it's progressing nicely.

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
ARGH!

Evil one wink .

Especially after I waited up last night for this to show up [okay so I was talking to MissyG - woohoo! - at the same time but that's not the point]. I think another chapter today would be good to compensate for it wink .

I am glad that Lois didn't write everything down in her diary - for several reasons, esp because what if someone else has found them, but also because she doesn't need them anymore because she has Clark smile . Though nice and cryptic entries could have been fun too smile .

I'm looking forward to their conversation. And you did tell Michael part 11... So today would be a good time to post that smile .

Carol

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Yeah, new part!

Glad to see that Lois felt bad about deceiving Clark ... and the story is progressing nicely smile

So, can we have the next part soon, like this evening (even though it is already evening where I stay) or early tomorrow? smile1

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
First off, RL is going to be crazy this week - tonight is okay, but the next three nights I ought to have been in bed two hours ago by the time I arrive home from work. razz So I'll comment now, but I may not have time to say much about the next parts, ML!

Anyway, I loved this:

September 1, 1993
Dear Diary,
Today I learned an interesting lesson, namely that people see what they expect to see. Cover the hair, put on a fake moustache, hide the body under baggy clothes, use a cloth to bind the chest, then walk and talk a little differently and act stupid and everyone you meet will mistake you for a man. It's taught me to always look beyond the external to discover the person hidden beneath. As you may have guessed from my intro, I finally got the okay from Perry to go undercover for my investigation into the sudden rise in car thefts in the city. I had Jimmy teach me how to boost a car and...

Something about that struck a cord with Lois, as if there was something almost ironic about it.
Oh, wow. I'm sufficiently LnC-illiterate that it had completely slipped my mind that Lois ever dressed up as a man to get a story and make people believe she was a completely different person. And even though she successfully pulled off this little stunt, she remained completely oblivious to the fact that Clark did almost exactly the same thing to fool her for two whole years! eek

Talk about irony! You're almost making me wonder where Tempus is in this story, ML! No, scrap that - I really, really hope that Tempus is very, very far away! On the other hand Tempus may in fact be too late, because the next generation may actually be about a week old at this juncture of time! laugh

But hey, Lois's continued emotion-amnesia is beginning to drive me crazy! How can you say that you don't love Clark, woman? Especially after that next-generation-generating night really, really ought to have jogged your memory (and created a spate of new memories, too)?

Looking forward to Lois's awkward talk to Clark in the next chapter! I promise to read, but I may not find time to comment.

Ann

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Loved it! Don't have much time, though. smirk The diaries made me wonder if Clark even read them. Would have loved to get Lois entry on PML, though laugh

Michael clap

PS:
/whispers/
The Neverending Battle ended on May 7th 1993 wink

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
oooh, the irony, the tension, the guilt!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Arg! Too short! I want more candy! mecry I don't have enough patience to wait :p But it is very good! Too good! I am like an adict. I need my fix. More soon. Laura laugh

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
ML,

I'm sorry I haven't replied to the last few chapters...I've been busy at work. However, it appears that I missed quite the discussion. My take on the conclusion to the "Fool Kent" operation was that it was typical Lois. She made a devious (and workable) plan, and jumped right into it wholeheartedly. Once she was in the situation, however, she was beyond that part of her brain that had been ruling her actions up to this point--the false idea that she loved only Max and that Clark meant nothing to her. Her real feelings, thus freed, came to the forefront and she was swept away, taking Clark with her. He was careful to give her an out, but when she seemed determined to forge ahead, he went with her (as he always seems to do).

I wasn't super thrilled with her callous actions the next morning, but by that time she was having to deal with the strong emotions generated from the night before conflicting with her equally strong belief that she loved Max. I was proud of Clark for really listening to what she was saying rather than getting hurt and going off to lick his wounds. He challenged her, and it made her even more confused (and, therefore, more determined to stand by her original belief that she was in love with Deter--ugh).

I was surprised that Star actually made progress with Lois, but I'm glad you didn't drag that out in a painful way. They've already been tortured plenty up to this point. Star gave Lois a needed outside perspective.

I also enjoyed Lois' take on the diaries, especially given the fact that she now knows the truth about Max.

How clever, of you, however, to have arranged yet another necessary revelation of Clark being Superman. Hopefully, he won't shy away from the topic and confuse her even more.

Looking forward to the next post.

"Women frustrate men because they're too complicated. Men frustrate women because they're not complicated enough."
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
How long do I have to wait to find out what Lois says to Clark?!
I think another chapter today would be good to compensate for it
So, can we have the next part soon, like this evening (even though it is already evening where I stay) or early tomorrow?
First off, RL is going to be crazy this week - tonight is okay
I need my fix. More soon.
And you did tell Michael part 11... So today would be a good time to post that
Actually, I'm thinking about posting part 11 tonight. Not so much for your sakes, but for mine. I'm terrified I'm about to get crucified. So rather than worrying about it for another day, I think I'll post tonight and just get it over with.

You're almost making me wonder where Tempus is in this story, ML!
wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Actually, I'm thinking about posting part 11 tonight.
Yes, I think that would be an excellent idea!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It's 10 pm do you know where your story is. hyper

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The show didn't even start broadcasting until September 1993 - so Neverending Battle couldn't have ended in May. All the dates in this part were taken from the original air dates which you can find on Zoomway's boards on her episode summaries.
I know that's the theory with dating episodes. Problem is Super Mann from Season 3. The nazi sleepers awoke on May 7th, big shot on the Daily Planet front page and later on a mechanic calendar, walked out and saw Superman catching the billboard from Neverending Battle. So, officially, S1 ran an entire year, May 1993 to May 1994 smile

Similar problem with S3-4. Clark was only way from Earth for 3-4 Days, not the 3 months of summer hiatus eek

Michael wave

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard