Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Artemis Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
help
Tank wrote a romantic story that wrapped things up? I think I'm in shock! But it was a great story.
Many thanks
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yay, Tank!

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Ah, that's a lovely ending! clap

I giggled at this:

"He seems to be pretty much back to normal now. I had to rescue him twice in the last week."
Talk about a role reversal!

But then Clark got Lois's powers, while she still kept hers, and Lois and Clark are going to skip their civilian identities and become the romantic couple, Superman and Ultrawoman! It's like they were the true comic nerd's dream couple (though not my dream couple), Superman and Wonder Woman:

[Linked Image]

Wonder Woman has too much hair to illustrate the Tank concept of Ultrawoman and Superman, but... well, it's pretty much the same thing!

Ann

Merriwether
Merriwether
LOL! I think you can call it done. I love the ending!

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lois pulled some kind of embroidered appliqué from her back pocket. "It was on the blanket my folks found me wrapped in when they discovered my space ship. I think if it was placed on the suit over your chest it would help draw attention away from your face. Less chance that people would recognize you."

"Why didn't you use it?"

"I'd already adopted my costume before I remembered it, and the colors would clash. Besides I wear a mask, and have enough problems with people staring at my chest as it is."
wink wink wink

But wait a minute - Lois didn't cut her hair in this fic! (Or, considering the reversal, Clark didn't cut his hair!) Can this truly be a Tank fic? evil

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
But Lois did ditch the long haired wig that she wore as Lois Lane, so I'd say it counts.

Tank (who has always been an old romantic softy... and just a darn nice guy wink

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Yay! This was beautiful, Tank! clap clap clap

~•~
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Yeah, this was great and romantic! smile

Must say, I was a bit worried about the epilogue to TOGOM 2010 and how you would have ended it, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, I never saw this ending coming clap Loved the line about Lois needing to save Clark on a regular basis.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Tank...

I've been a lurking fan of yours since I first started reading L&C fics in April 2008... after realizing so terribly belatedly that I hadn't read *any* fics from this awesome series... I'm pretty sure I've read everything I could scrounge up off the message boards, archives, and some exhaustive google searches. Including your collaborative works. And I gotta tell ya, man, I love your style! Love, love, love, love, love!!!

That being said... I was just as pleasantly surprised as the rest of the FoLCs at this decidedly *Happy* ending for the UltraSuperCouple! The main story had left me giggly in that way only a good Tank-fic can, but this epilogue is just the dose of WAFFyness I needed today!

The only thing 'missing'... something someone above commented on and I agree wholeheartedly. It would've been absolutely hysterical if Clark had for whatever off-the-wall reason ended up with a haircut! :p

Love and hot fudge,
Bren Ren
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I, too, was expecting a Tank ending from you.

Yes, it's done now. Of course, I considered it done before, but I'm not arguing.

Elisabeth

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Thanks to those gentle readers who felt compelled to give the nice comments. It's why we write.

I still can't figure out why people have this twisted idea of me and my stories. I'm Mr. Happy Ending... aren't I?

The picture of Supes and Wonder Woman brings to mind the upcoming DC animated DVD coming out soon that deals with the clash between the Justice League and their evil counterparts from Earth 3 (I think). In that evil universe. Clark is actually Ultraman, and his wife is Superwoman. At first everyone always assumed she was Wonder Woman's doppleganger because she had powers, but actually she's that universe's Lois Lane. And like any good villian, she is having an affair with Owlman behind Ultraman's back.

Anyway for those of you who thought that it would be somehow 'appropriate' for Clark to wind up with a haircut in this fic... sorry. I just don't care about Clark's hair, or even Clark all that much except for where he interacts with Lois. But if you want, the gentle readers can imagine Clark having some problems the first time he tries to trim his hair by using his heat vision.

Again, thanks to all who commented, your support is much appreciated.

Tank (who tells Bren that the check is in the mail)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
She
was flattered that his password had been LoisLane.
Nice touch!

"I think I'll call you..." Lois leaned in and gave Clark a tender
kiss. "Superman."
Awww....

(Can we call it done now?)
And what a nice ending it was!

Tank (who has always been an old romantic softy... and just a darn nice guy
Awwww.... Even with all those wonderful Tank endings, you've never been able to hide it. =}

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard