bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Comments here please. smile

Bob

Kerth
Kerth
Wonderful part, Bob, with two scenes that were incredible - the one where Lois told Clark about his parents and, of course, the kiss at the end.

You have Clark's balance just right - a little boldness, yet still apprehensive about messing up things with Lois.

And not just this part ... but I've been really impressed with how you've shown us Clark's confusion and fogginess due to his memory loss. Some of his words have been ... not childlike exactly ... but not quite Clark as we know him.

I'm loving this, Bob.

Corrina.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Jimmy hesitated. Then he took a deep breath and dived into his reply. “I was with the radio team on the roof when we got an update from one of the Kansas operators. There was a major impact near Clark's parents’ farm. That whole area... It's part of a half-mile-wide crater. There’s nothing left of his home at all.”
OH NO!

I'm still holding out hope that the elder Kents took a trip up to Saskatoon or something.

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Very well rounded.

Looking forward to more.

Framework4
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Developing nicely.

I'm also hoping that Martha and Jonathan were out of town.

I really liked the part with the coffee cup breaking.

And Clark's bruises are still on the mend. Wondering how long it will be until everything comes back.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Very good part.

I'm not at all convinced that Martha and Jonathan are dead. It all depends on your plans for this fic.

I, too, loved Clark's reaction to Lex's claim that he and Superman had been friends, and I, too, loved the kiss at the end!

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sweet ending. Sad about the farm. Where are his parents? dead would be too sad but if they were alive couldn't they contact him somehow? I hate Lex, so you've done him well ;-)Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow, quite a lot happened in this post. Lois is seeing through Lex, they've found a LexLab mole, Clark has declared his feelings (sort of) and Lois has told him she wants him too (sort of). Loved the smoochie at the end, btw. sloppy

Like others, I still hold out hope that Martha and Jonathan were not in Smallville when the meteorites landed. I keep thinking that when Superman's mission failed, they started out for Metropolis immediately. At least, I hope so.
grovel

Clark's emotional reaction to hearing Lex say that he and Superman had been friends was great. It's a very clever angle for you to take. With Superman gone, there's no one else to contradict Lex about what their relationship was, so Lex's version would become fact. I love it that he's not going to get away with it and I have a feeling that this knowledge will lead Lois to find the key evidence. Well, that's my theory and I'm sticking to it. laugh

BJ

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I did wonder whether Hanson was working for LexCorp blush

I would go so far as to say he was one of my best friends.
That could actually be true. After all, Superman never did more than oppose and dislike Lex, as opposed to all his other acquaintances who'd live to kill him laugh

“I can see bruises on your arms and a few scrapes without even trying. Are they feeling better?”
Why am I suddenly remembering Clark's green-K induced leukemia in SQD's Gift for Life.

Didn't you end the last part on a kiss as well?

Had lot's of fun. Looking forward to 17!

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I couldn't help but wonder as I read through this if Clark didn't happen to overhear Lex' conversation with Lois not because Lex was projecting but because Clark's hearing is improving.

Elisabeth

bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Corrina:
I’m glad you liked those two scenes. It’s hard to imagine what how a person acts if their personality is intact but they have no memories to guide them.

Iolanthe:
I’ll have to let the story itself speak to the fate of the Kents.

Framework4:
Thanks for the note. I’m glad you are enjoying it.

c-mom:
I have to admit that the coffee cup was my favorite scene in this chapter.
As far as Clark and healing… Well, we’ll see.

Ann:
Thank you. I don’t know. Maybe Lex really thought Superman was his best friend.

Laura:
Writing Lex can be a lot of fun. It’s mostly a matter of think slimy and go with that.

BJ:
Superman is gone. With no one to contradict the disinformation, and someone with both money and an agenda of his own, imagine what might happen. Fortunately we have Lois, Clark and Clark’s feelings to use as a defense.

Michael:
That could actually be true. After all, Superman never did more than oppose and dislike Lex, as opposed to all his other acquaintances who'd live to kill him
You know, by Lex Luthor standards, I believe that Superman may actually qualify as his best friend. smile1
Bob

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard