goofy (great banter on the phone)

back to

whinging

and more

whinging

and then another little bit of

mecry

Wonderful!!!

Waffy, funny, angsty, poignant and this subtle little moment was one of my favourites:

Clark laughed an empty laugh. “So now I go back to the Daily Planet, sit at my desk, picture her waltzing in with the story of the century. ‘The Year I Spent Invisible’ by Lois Lane, something like that.”

Henderson looked at Superman for a long time. Long enough for the silence to bring the superhero back from his own thoughts.

Their eyes met.

“Oh.” Superman said. “Oh…”
He knows! What a beautiful, understated moment which spoke volumes. Just like the scene in the car with Jimmy and Clark, you have such a way of showing the deep friendship between these friends and the subtly of it is just gorgeous.

LabRat (who is taking out shares in Kleenex...)

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
Labbie,

You are too much! You blow me away with your consistently great, supportive, and *fast* feedback. I appreciate it so much.

And, also, it was so very clever of you to give everyone a preview of that scene with Jimmy and Clark...er...from part 5. A subtle, masterful technique.

(which actually sent me scurrying back saying, "I posted what?!")

CC- who is still laughing

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
E
Columnist
Columnist
E
This is great! Please hurry up & post the next part. smile

I believe there's a hero in all of us that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams. -- Aunt May, Spider-Man 2
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
CC,

This was fantastic, and I apologize for just now getting a chance to reply to this. I was away from the computer for a bit, but I had printed the first three parts, as well as Lynn's "Roadtrip" and was making a point of reading it on the Greyhound Bus. I loved the story thus far, and only have one slight concern.
This being that I wasn't completely convinced Lois and Clark could so easily give each other up, after one year of marriage. While I understand that their real "true-loves" were not each other, it just seemed a bit... saddening that they wouldn't forego the belief in "true-love" and all its complexities, for the love they share. It seemed all too easy. But I imagine you have reasoning for this, to which I say, "Continue on! Don't let me stop you!" and hope for the best. One part to go, and I can't wait. clap

-Jo

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great, CC!

I have no words to say. I'm completely speechless. I can't even choose the most fitting graemlin <g>

Part 5?
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
LabRat Offline OP
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
And, also, it was so very clever of you to give everyone a preview of that scene with Jimmy and Clark...er...from part 5. A subtle, masterful technique.
LOL! I actually wondered when I wrote the post if that had already been posted and thought what the hell - if it hasn't been it will be soon. goofy

LabRat smile (who was having a tired evening and was too lazy to double check laugh )

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh dear, I am mecry mecry !!

I feel so bad for alt-Clark and yet I can't wait for the reunion when Lois finally gets home! How do you turn your back on your husband of one year even when you are going back to your soul mate? I don't know how she can leave him even knowing that alt-Lois is back and will (hopefully) be there for him.

This is so sad but yet so wonderful CC. I just don't know what to do with myself until part 5!!

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. thumbsup

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
R
Rac Offline
Columnist
Columnist
R
Sorry for not commenting earlier, I just got caught up with this and had to say, man, I thought I was mean to Clark! How are they going to put everything back together after all of this. This story is amazingly written, CC, especially the sad, wistful ways you've shown the passage of time, and I'm eagerly awaiting to see it all fixed in just one more post!

Rac

Features Writer
Features Writer
Well, although I haven't had a chance to post feedback on any stories for about three weeks I have been managing to keep up on at least some of the stories posted...like this one.

My heart has ached for the pain and agony that *our* Clark has gone through with the loss of Lois, and for Lois as she has tried to figure out what has happened to her and how she can get back to her world. And certainly for alt-Clark, especially as I was expecting his suffering when Lois would return and leave him alone...

But right now, after reading the revelation to Henderson – which I just loved, by the way, so completely understated – this story has taken a totally different twist from what I was expecting. I think my jaw dropped to the floor and just stayed there the entire time... whinging

2. Assuming that Lois gets back safely to our-Clark, I’m still not sure if this can work out. I don’t know how much time elapsed before Lois married alt-Clark – part of me wishes that she had held out forever and the two of them had only worked together as friends, but part of me also recognizes the attraction that she would have felt for him as Clark’s counterpart, and as a wonderful person in his own right. So I guess I don’t blame Lois for making a life for herself in the alt-universe when it seemed that there was no way that she could get back to her own world – and I assume that Clark won’t blame her either. But the fact that it is his counterpart will probably be both flattering and problematical for him.
Alt-Clark knew that our-Clark was Lois’ true love when they married, and he accepted that. But our-Clark was only dating Lois for a few months before she disappeared – he hadn’t even revealed his secret to her yet. How will he know that *he* is, in fact, her true love, and not alt-Clark? How will he know, without any doubts, that *he* is the Clark that she is truly seeing when she looks at him or takes him in her arms? At night, under cover of darkness, how will he know that she is with him? I don’t know if he’d ever be able to put all of those doubts completely aside – the question is, would these doubts cripple their relationship? eek

3. And although I’m assuming that alt-Lois will eventually settle into a wonderful relationship with alt-Clark, there would be similar issues there as mentioned above. Alt-Clark may have felt alt-Lois slamming into his heart like a hammer, but alt-Lois doesn’t seem to have experienced the same phenomenon. She won’t be easily convinced, if at all, that she’s not taking our-Lois’ place.

I’m really curious to see Part 5 – looking forward to it immensely. This is wonderful writing, CC – you can see that I’m definitely emotionally invested in this story... [Linked Image]

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Kerth
Kerth
Part 5!!! Soon!! hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
CC

WOW! This is wonderful. thumbsup

I can't wait to see what happens.
Please post the next part soon.

Tricia cool

N
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
N
I just read all four parts!!! Yippee!!! smile1 What a wonderful tale!

Thoughts on the stuff mentioned above:

Yes, the time appears to be moving at different paces in the different universes;

Somewhere in the text of part 4 is a "be" that needs to be a "he";

In addition to the above-mentioned 'how will Clark cope with Lois having had a relationship with Alt-Clark'...which I think he'll be grateful for if it brings her back to him with marriage on her mind, there's the issue of Lois masquerading as Alt-Lois...while it may take time for Alt-Lois to like/love Alt-Clark, will she be forced to step into Lois's shoes as Clark's wife until she can recover the "year" that Lois has played out for her? Will Alt-Clark sleep on the couch? Sounds like the problem Tank created in the Future series....

I have to tell you, I'm SOOOOO impressed with your ability to resolve this emotionally without me feeling that the breakup of Alt-Clark and Lois is impossible. That you introduced the order of events (first, the unequivocal undeniable and irresistable feeling Alt-Clark has for Alt-Lois, and second, the opportunity for Lois to return home...after she's already decided she must step out of the way) was just brilliant.

I can't wait another day for the rest of it....Post it today when I have a nice Sunday to reread it a bunch of times before I get on the road again!!!!!

Best,
Sherry

Visit www.marykay.com/sfmurphy for wonderful cosmetic products and an opportunity to enrich the lives of women.
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Interesting instalment. Quite emotional.

I figure that the final instalment will focus on our Lois getting back to her own world and reconnecting with her true Clark but I can't help but want to see how the newly emerged altLois decides to handle the situation she's walked into.

As mentioned, will she decide to establish her own identity and force a complicated and embarrassing situation for altClark and his mysteriously disappeared bride, or will she suck it up and step into the role that has been created for Lois Lane now.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, will she have to cut that long hair? wink

Tank (who likes to point out the most important aspects of a story)

Features Writer
Features Writer
CC
wonderful
ditto others
now get part 5 here pronto.
merry

Merriwether
Merriwether
What Labby said!

What Jose said!!!

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks so much to all of you. Labrat,Emily,Jo,AnnaBtG,Liz,Maria,Rac,KathyM,Jose,Tricia,Sherry,Tank,Merry,and Rivka.

And thank you,too, to those of you who sent me personal emails.

All of your comments are appreciated and received with great interest.

A few things before part 5.

Jo, I love that you raised the issue of how sad it is the AltClark and Lois, who have created something together, have walked away from it..and in a way that seemed too easy.

I felt like I had to pay attention to the rich fanfic tradition of Lois Lanes lost in the Congo never, ever being really dead. They always turn up. Once that world's LL showed her face, our Lois really didn't have a place in that world any longer. She had been living her life, and couldn't do that if altLois is to get her own back. I think that Lois sees all the implications right away, and makes the deliberate step back, though it's painful, even before her ticket home arrives.

Let me know if you feel satisfied with how things are left between AltClark and our Lois in part 5. I value your input.

Too, that you printed out something I wrote at my kitchen counter and read it on a bus so many miles away just thrills me! I can't tell you how much. Almost doesn't seem real.

KathyM, thank you for all of your thoughts! Appreciated all the issues you raised. I am curious to see if you feel they are adequately addressed in part 5. You might not like how I did it, but I would like to know what you think.

Sherry, thanks for the typo heads-up. I will hunt that down.

I am grateful for this experience. It is a real learning one for me. Part 5 is on the way soon, and let me know- good, bad, or ugly- what you think.

Thanks for coming along for the ride!

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard