Next Thread
Print Thread
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Wow. Okay - I buy the explanation for Adam. I can see how that would be hard for Clark. My guess would be Adam never FULLY recovered and while slightly superhuman he's not fully super. Sort of kind of not really like Clark in My Wife the Boss [though he's continuing to improve there]. More like he reached a level of slight superhumanness and stayed there.

Anyway - House as the medical version of Lois! I love it! Great description of House btw.

So posting schedule is...????

Carol

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lois blinked a few times in her attempt to decipher exactly what it was Clark had just said. Apparently, her mental English-to-babble dictionary did not work in reverse.
clap

“So you mean he's the medical version of Lois,” Clark grinned as Lois shot him a glare.
This too! rotflol

Very nice twist on the clone-story smile

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Still enjoying the story.

You did, however, hit on one of my L&C pet peeves. I hate it when Superman says that Lois and Clark are friends and then the hospital treats them like the next of kin. Or when Clark says that he's the fiance and he's treated as the next of kin. In reality, hospitals use the legal definition of the next of kin, unless there is a medical directive. Sorry to vent, but in RL my family was hurt by this one (think con artist impersonating someone and then the real family is cut off when the hospital won't admit their mistake).

Having said that, I realize that House doesn't care so much about the law. If memory serves he orders his staff to do things like ask medical questions of everyone the elderly patient went to kindergarten with.

I very much enjoyed Jimmy's description of Dr. House, particularly since it's a good description for those who have never seen House.

Elisabeth

Kerth
Kerth
Nice start - House crossovers are usually fun, I'm willing to bet he will soon spot Clark.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I look really forward to the first meeting between Lois and House. laugh

I can understand why Clark couldn't throw Adam into the sun.

And I have to second Michael, the quotes about the 'babble-dictionary' and the 'medical Lois' were absolutely hilarious.

clap clap clap

Kathryn
T
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
T
A most intriguing premise. It's reasonable that Clark wouldn't be able to throw his clone into the sun. I'm not so sure how reasonable it is that nobody has noticed how much Adam and Superman resemble each other. And how come Clark isn't worried that the doctors will look at Adam, look at him, and ask for a DNA sample to see if they're identical twins?

Whenever I watch House (which is fairly often), I always sigh and think, "I could not work for that man without slugging him in the jaw at least once a week." Since I'm taller than Greg Laurie and quite a bit heavier, it's a good thing I'm not on staff at the hospital. Greg House and Lois Lane in the same room ought to produce some impressive fireworks. I'm looking forward to the next chapter as soon as you can put it up.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Hi again! Thanks for the fdk! Part 3 is coming up - sorry it's late.

Carol - I'm glad the explanation for Adam is believable. As for what's wrong with him...House never figures it out until the end, right? wink

Michael - Thank you!

Elisabeth - Your pet peeve will be addressed...it's actually already part of the story. Thanks for reading!

Marcus - Thanks for the fdk! House is a pretty intuitive fellow...but that's all I'm going to say.

Kathryn84 - I'm so glad you like it! smile

Terry - House can be a rather annoying fellow. As I hope to capture that essence, I hope you can refrain from punching your computer screen... smile Thanks for reading!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard