Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#69111 01/30/10 01:41 AM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Yay! I love revelation stories, and I had been wondering what it would take for Clark to finally come clean with Lois in this one. smile1

Huh?" For a split second she stared at him, not understanding what he meant. Then comprehension dawned. She hadn't expected it to be so easy.

From the little closet came the faint squeak of hinges. Someone was opening the outer door.

Clark glanced swiftly over his shoulder. "We have to go now. I can't leave you here alone. If Luthor finds you, I'm afraid of what he'll do. Come on."

"What?"

"I'll explain later, if you're still talking to me," Clark said. He wrapped an arm around her, and pulled her tightly against his side. "Tuck your face into my shoulder and hold on."
This was my favorite part of the entire story. And their discussion after everything is over is going to be a great one! Clark must be wondering why Lois is so calm about the whole thing.

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow. I'm sure that the bunker (and Lex's words during the Ides of Metropolis) should have clued me in about Lex and his nihilistic plans for a world-wide Luthor dynasty, but seeing you fill in all the gaps really gives me a better feel for how crazy Lex was. Chilling A-plot.

I still loved seeing Lois watch Clark (and make use of) his abilities, so thanks for placing the reveal at the end of the chapter, Nan. Great job with that, btw. LOL at Lois suggesting *twice* that they separate. She tried so hard to give him a chance to go be Superman without revealing himself. I wonder if Clark will realize that before Lois points it out to him. lol

I could really hear Clark's deprecating tone of voice when he mused that Lois wouldn't be speaking to him later. On the contrary, big guy, you have nothing to worry about. smile

I love seeing a very smart Clark, as well. Of *course* he would save one of the satellites as evidence. Wouldn't have occurred to me, but then Clark is the world-class investigative reporter.

Great chapter -- can't wait to see the fall-out <g> for Luthor and the resolution between Lois and Clark.

BJ

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Interesting that he cares about Lois enough to reveal himself to her and yet he doesn't trust her enough to tell her why he can't go back there. I wonder if he's ready to face what he expects to be the wrath of Lane.

Elisabeth

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great part and start of wrap-up, Nan. I like how Sman took care of the satellites and the big revelation (he thinks) was his digging them out of the bunker.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow, excellent A-plot stuff. And good B-plot, too, although, again, lots of it is under the surface. At least until Clark digs them out from underground and into the (metaphorical) light of day. Their next conversation (once all the plot details are tied up) is likely to be quite interesting.

Elisabeth's comments caught my attention, increasing my curiousity about why Superman can't go back there. Clark said (okay, thought) he didn't know what Luthor might do, but he's still convinced he can't go back there. So I'm thinking he saw something in the files.

I can't remember; is this story set after GGGoH? I guess at this point I'm lucky to remember that it's first season. smile The box with the wires and headphones made me think of Wall of Sound, which I know hasn't happened yet. If there's Kryptonite it's well sheilded, or Clark wouldn't have been able to do all the things he did. Anyway, I'm assuming the reason he didn't explain his "I can't" to Lois is that he thinks it would be too complicated to explain -- he does say he'll explain later. So I don't know if it's a lack of trust or just a lack of time. I guess we'll find out!

I did enjoy the revelation; it's so understated. "I'm going to have to make a door, hang on" and they lift off. Very efficient!

I also liked that Lois glared at Superman and threatened to never speak to him again. Very un-crush-like behavior, which should encourage him if he thinks about it. Although he'll probably assume she's furious and just didn't want him to deprive her of the pleasure of telling him off smile

So, to sum up: This great! Want more!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
by Elizabeth
Interesting that he cares about Lois enough to reveal himself to her and yet he doesn't trust her enough to tell her why he can't go back there. I wonder if he's ready to face what he expects to be the wrath of Lane.
I'd prefer to think that it's kryptonite, that Lex had a piece of the green rock and that Clark got only a glancing exposure to it.

I'd also prefer to think that Clark feels that he doesn't have the time right now to explain everything to Lois. So far, if it's the end of season 1, he's only encountered the green K once (in GGGoH, right?) He probably feels that he's got to go and save the world and that there'll be time to discuss his Achilles heel later on.

If this is 6/7, I'm really looking forward to the wrap-up of the plot threads. Will Henderson be in time to get any evidence? Why do I feel that Lex will live to fight another day, and that LnC will have to do some serious investigating?

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Great A-plot, Nan!

Nice details at the begin of this part wink

I halfway expected Clark to stumble upon Kryptonite in the cavern. An implied threat is always a great plot-tool clap

"I'll explain later, if you're still talking to me," Clark said. He wrapped an arm around her, and pulled her tightly against his side. "Tuck your face into my shoulder and hold on."
Ooh matter of fact revelation blush

With a sigh, she turned to Norman Binns. The sergeant was staring at the space where Superman had been with a startled expression on his face. "Could you call Inspector Henderson, Sergeant? There isn't much time to waste.
So Henderson takes her seriously.

But just once it was going to have to be brought to an end by Metropolis's Finest. Superman was going to have to stay at a safe distance.
Hmm... I'm guessing that's the narrator's POV. So, we are going to see a green glow coming up next?

I can't remember; is this story set after GGGoH?
Hi Pam! It's set directly after Nightfall. That was when Lois found out about Lex's ark and decided to come back and snoop ar- erm investigate.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard