Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Feels like a long time since I've posted a story. Almost didn't remember how. Anyway, it's not completely finished yet. Still working on editing. But I doubt there will be any big changes coming to the beginning - although I reserve the right to change my mind. laugh

Hope you enjoy it.

wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow! A great start; you certainly jumped straight in with that one! I am really looking forward seeing how this story plays out, great ideas and wonderful writing! Hope you're a fast writer! LOL smile

smile1 Can hardly wait for part 2!

Cheers
Elizabeth

R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
Yea! A new MLT story. A great start and a great idea that has never been explored. I have wondered during different episodes why Clark did not just take off with Lois and force the issue.

I love it! I love whn Clark tries to take control whether out of desperation or anger.

Looking forward to the next part.

Kathy
www.chili-everyway.com
Have it your way every way

robinson
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Loved it! But this chapter was too short, I can't wait for the next.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Clark kidnapped her??? I LOVE IT! smile1 (I would gladly trade with her! blush )... if that doesn't cure her amnesia, I fear nothing will.

I am definitely along for the ride. It has been too long without a story from you, you know! smile

Natascha

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Yes! ML is back! goofy

But like Clark, I'm nervous about Lois's reaction once she wakes up. My goodness, what has Deter done to her?

I love the illustration you provided, by the way! thumbsup

Looking forward to more!

Ann

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
WOOHOO!

ML fic!!!

WOOHOO some more!!!

Love it.

Can't wait for more.

[but that's creative as I get at the moment :p ]

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
And here I was, just re-reading "Cause and Effect" and wishing that ML would write some more stories --- and here it is. Yay! I'm so glad that you're still playing in the LnC universe.

I have to admit mixed feelings about the premise. Not that kidnapping Lois from Deter is a bad idea. In the contrary, it's a *fantastic* idea. I just still feel so traumatized by the whole amnesia arc that the reminder is a bit painful. In the hopes of getting a happy and more intelligent resolution to the whole fiasco, though, I shall read each part with pleasure.

The cabin on the island is a great setting and so logical. Loved the bit about Clark cleaning up the dust; it really gives us a bit of insight to both Lois' character and to their relationship. Ha! Lois doesn't just clean the grout of her tile to vent frustration, does she?
JILTED BOYFRIEND ABDUCTS INSANE GIRLFRIEND
WHICH ONE IS REALLY CRAZY?
rotflol No, really. I cracked up at this headline.

I loved the little clues you sprinkled in about how Lois' subconscious might be reacting to Clark - how she kissed him back and her reaction to Clark standing up to (or threatening) Deter - and I hope that he'll be able to build on that.

Smart of Clark to bring some personal items (scrapbooks and articles she'd written). I can only hope that he'll share his secret with her. Since she's in an unfamiliar setting, knowing that Clark is Superman could be a powerful tool to unlocking her mind.

More soon, please!
BJ

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
It's great to see another one of your fics. I loved what I've read from you.

This is a great premise - and I always like different takes of this non-wedding arc. Although the idea of this machine and Lois reliving all those memories was nice - I guess there could be other ways to solve the problem. I'm really curious how Lois is going to react when she finally wakes up. And how great to see that Clark is not standing there, watching her walk out on him *again*.

This is a great start. I hope you're coming back with more soon. laugh

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
hyper hyper ML's posting a new story hyper hyper

Loving the kidnapping approach.

“We’re going to the south of France,” Lois continued as if Clark hadn’t spoken. “Max has a home there, and he thinks that one-on-one intensive therapy...”
Uh-huh...

Perry lunged for Deter even before Lois finished speaking. Clark had to jump forward to hold him back from doing exactly what Clark was forcing himself not to do.

“What the Sam Hill are you doing?” Perry yelled. “You conniving little brain sucker.”
wave

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
hyper hyper

Yeah, ML's is back!

Great premise you started with. Can't wait for part 2 and I wouldn't mind a really, really long story wink

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Thanks for your responses, guys. Glad you like the premise.

Doubt it will go over well with Lois when she awakes
Ya think? laugh

You are a lawyer, ML. In a case like this, would the kidnapper always be the bad guy? Would it always be the kidnapper who had to face charges, not the guy mind-controlling the victim?
You know, Ann, you might find this hard to believe but in all my years of practicing criminal law, I've never actually encountered this particular situation. laugh It might be an interesting case to argue though - always assuming, of course, that one could even prove the premise.

it may be the kind of thing that can only happen in a Superman universe
Ya think? laugh Ahh... now that's one of the fun things about playing in this universe. In a universe where there is a flying man, almost anything else is possible.

I just still feel so traumatized by the whole amnesia arc that the reminder is a bit painful.
If you feel traumatized, just think how Lois and Clark feel. laugh

I loved the little clues you sprinkled in about how Lois' subconscious might be reacting to Clark - how she kissed him back and her reaction to Clark standing up to (or threatening) Deter - and I hope that he'll be able to build on that.
You might want to keep that in mind as you continue to read.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Perry lunged for Deter even before Lois finished speaking. Clark had to jump forward to hold him back from doing exactly what Clark was forcing himself not to do.

“What the Sam Hill are you doing?” Perry yelled. “You conniving little brain sucker.”
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I never saw that coming
Actually, that is taken directly from the episode - word for word. So you should thank the episode writers for that one.

In fact, that is the reason I chose to stop posting where I did. That ends what we were given in the episode. From this point on, we're in uncharted territory.

it certainly sounds like it's going to be pure waffy fun.
Well, at least until Lois wakes up. laugh

Are you willing to give us a rough estimate how long this is going to be? 10 parts? 25 parts? 50 parts? 100 parts? Longer?
Don't know how many parts. But it is a bit over 300kb. So it's not all that long. Sort of on the same level as Super Stud or The People v. Clark Kent. It's the length of story I most like to write because I can edit it in a single sitting - which makes finding plot holes and keeping the story line tight a whole lot easier.

I wouldn't mind a really, really long story
Sorry. That's not this story. But then, really long stories take so much out of me. This is just a little bit of fun. Or at least, it's fun for me. Not so sure about Lois or Clark or the rest of you. laugh

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Oh, one thing I forgot to respond to...

why did Clark make sure everyone knew he kidnapped Lois?
Keep reading.

ML wave

Top Banana
Top Banana
You've started!! Really love the poster. And of course am enjoying the story very much. smile

c.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Actually, that is taken directly from the episode - word for word. So you should thank the episode writers for that one.
Oops blush

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
quote:
why did Clark make sure everyone knew he kidnapped Lois?
Keep reading.
My initial thought was that Clark wanted to make it look like he kidnapped Lois to keep suspicion off of Superman. Kidnapping would be a snap for the Man of Steel, but Superman is a hero and needs the world to trust him in order to do his job. On the other hand, Clark (or any other mortal human) would need to struggle to kidnap Lois Lane, even if she is an amnesiac. After all, doesn't she hold the world record for kidnappings? <bg>

Plus, maybe Perry and Jimmy are going to investigate Deter in the background. Chances are, Deter will do something to give himself away and then it'll be safer for Lois to come home, even if she hasn't regained her memory. As ML mentioned in part 1, Clark wants her love, but he's also concerned for her safety.

You know, Call-me-Daniel Scardino gets a lot of flak in the fandom for his interest in Lois, but at least his pursuit was honest. Lois wasn't even engaged at that point. Deter and his underhanded tactics are what really makes me cringe.

B

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
ahhhh! ML is back, yahoo!
but seriously, this is part of the series that i always skip - can't wait for you to fix things!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm joining the crowd that says hyper
Yay! Another MLT story! You have such a gift. Your stories are always excellent and I look forward to them.

Now... there are some episodes of LnC that I watch over and over. Let me just say that the whole clone / wedding / memory loss episodes are not in that select group. In fact, I think I've watched them twice. (Or was it only once? I had to grip hard on my chair arms and gulp several times to keep my stomach from rebelling.)

So I'm a little shaky on the fine details. But, if I remember correctly, Clark spilled his secret identity to the clone Lois, who then told Luthor, but Luthor died in the cave-in, right? And Lois hit her head in the cave-in so that's why she got the amnesia, right? So Luthor is gone and the new villain is Max Deter, right?

(BTW, I absolutely *hated* Deter. As one of the above posters has mentioned, by pursuing Lois - a married woman - he's shown himself to be a slimy lizard. And that's an insult to lizards all over the world.)

So, I'm really hoping that Lois regains her memory, Clark regains her love, Deter gets exposed for the mind-controlling, malpracticing piece of manure that he is, and all will be well in the LnC world! (But I'm sure there will be a long journey to that happy place. Can't wait to ride along.)

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
You've started!!
Yeah. I figured I could post the first few parts without having finished the editing. Or, at least, I hope you don't find some huge plot hole that will have me scrambling to rewrite the beginning laugh .

Call-me-Daniel Scardino gets a lot of flak in the fandom for his interest in Lois
Actually, I'm a closet Daniel fan. Thought he showed some remarkable good taste in pursuing Lois. And if Clark wasn't going to step up to the plate, he had no one to blame but himself. (Besides, Daniel was cute wave

Merriwether
Merriwether
Honestly, I'm kind of a closet Dan fan, too. I hated the fact that he was brought in just to sabotage Clark and he did get smug in the middle of his arc, but he had awesome dialogue and was really, really funny. And his interest in Lois was genuine and his motives were honest; from his point of view, Clark was not treating Lois well. (I also like Mayson for similar reasons -- she was very up front about her feelings for Clark, something that he and Lois were not able to do for some time yet.)

On the other hand, I hated Deter with a burning passion, and just reading this first part raised my blood pressure and put a knot in my stomach. (Really! It's still there!) I don't care that Lois is going to be pissed when she wakes up. This is exactly what Clark should have done, and I could kiss you, ML, for writing a story that ultimately corrects the misguided direction of this arc.

(And I'm not particularly worried about Clark getting arrested for kidnapping when it's all over, since presumably Lois will eventually get her memory back and will be able to claim that she went willingly with Clark to get away from Deter. I may be guessing wrong, but until I read differently, I'm going to assume we will eventually get a happy ending. goofy )

So thank you for giving Clark some backbone and making him take charge of the situation. This whole arc was so traumatizing that I have a feeling this story is going to be therapy for all of us -- Lois, Clark, and the readers. I don't know about the rest of you, but all these years later, I still need it. wink )

More, please!

Kathy

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard