Next Thread
Print Thread
#68904 01/20/10 02:32 PM
E
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
E
What a sweet ending! She was so awkward around him that I didn't think she would trust him. I'm glad that she changed her mind.

Elisabeth

#68905 01/20/10 03:41 PM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
You were right; this episode had a lot of potential to explore and I really liked what you did with it. I enjoyed seeing a slightly more paranoid Lois and loved, loved Clark's teasing.

the obfuscation that still cracks me up
Khoh, khah ... khoh, khah. Regardless of what the Captain did or didn't do, the bickering in your story is NOT pointless. wink

Now for some of my favorite lines...

Lois glanced over her shoulder, half-expecting to see Griffin lurking in the gloom of the poorly-lit hallway behind her.
This was a great line. It really helped me to feel Lois' paranoia.
There's all sorts of sickos out there. Peeping Toms. Curious neighbors. Vindictive psychotics with a grudge.
This is such a very Lois thing to say. I can just imagine her breezy, dismissive tone of voice and Clark's confused expression as her true concern pops out at the end.
"Tell me," he prompted. "Maybe I can help."

Lois nodded and took a deep, shaky breath. "He called me. Griffin called me."
And this right here is a perfect example of Lois and Clark's friendship. Lovely.
She couldn't say he was dangerous. At least, not with a straight face. Occasionally, though, there were times when her hormones found him dangerously appealing.
drool Me, too. And I love it when Lois admits that to herself.

The whole first/serious kiss and 'nothing happened' conversation was fun, as was traipsing through Lois' insecurities.

Lois' confession about the sheets in the honeymoon suite was perfect and I absolutely adored Clark's response. He didn't make fun of her, but sincerely wanted to know what her experience was. I can't help but think that in his own way, Clark would have liked to try the sheets out as well. After all, he never did get his turn in the bed. wink

A very nice story, Sue. Thanks for sharing it.

BJ

#68906 01/20/10 05:33 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Just adorable. Loved it! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#68907 01/20/10 05:44 PM
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Okay, I'll have to come back and give this more detailed feedback when I don't have a screaming child in the next room and it's not only six hours before I need to wake up. But since that's probably days away, until then, I wanted to thank you, Sue. That was wonderful and exactly what I was looking for.

#68908 01/20/10 05:56 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awww!!! *melts completely*

Oh how I love fluffy, waffy fics like this! <3

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#68909 01/20/10 07:23 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
"You should really keep your blinds shut, you know. There's all sorts of sickos out there. Peeping Toms. Curious neighbors. Vindictive psychotics with a grudge."

Clark refrained from pointing out that there was nothing but a brick wall outside and he was four stories up.
That cracked me up.. but poor Lois!

"Well, maybe not, but I'd feel a lot better if you stayed here tonight."

"Oh," she said almost choking on the liquid. Her instincts had been right - Clark would keep her safe. "Oh, I, I, I mean, oh, if, well, if it would make you feel better than I, I guess that…" Lois set the soda back down and was distressed to see just how badly her hand was shaking. The can would have tipped over -- if Clark hadn't reached out to steady it.

"Don't let me twist your arm or anything," he said wryly.
I love it - Lois as a nervous wreck trying to be cool, and Clark gently, ever-so-slightly-teasingly comforting her.

She settled deeper into the couch and tried to concentrate on the basketball game. It was nearly impossible to do as she finally took notice that Clark was wearing gray shorts and a dark green sleeveless t-shirt that definitely made him dangerously appealing.
I'll say... eek drool

Disappointment set in as she watched him start to walk away. "Clark? Do you want to know the last person I seriously kissed?"

That stopped him in his tracks and he turned back to her, his head tilted in curiosity. "Who?"

Lois took a deep breath and moved closer to him. "It was you."

"Me?" He looked genuinely baffled. "When?"

Her hand was shaking as she touched his chest. She could feel his heartbeat pounding as rapidly as her own. Lois went on tip-toe and whispered, "Just now."
That's an adorable ending!

Ann

#68910 01/21/10 02:16 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Aw i haven't read a Lois and Clark story in so long..
and reading yours makes me realize what I've missed haha..

You're still amazing in writing these.. this was just love love

Hoping to see more new stories from you! wink

x camy

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
#68911 01/21/10 10:31 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
clap That was a great take, Sue!

Really enjoyed vulnerable Lois. Um... well, you know what I mean blush

The HiM flirty banter was laugh

and this made me go awwwwwwwwwwwwww
Her hand was shaking as she touched his chest. She could feel his heartbeat pounding as rapidly as her own. Lois went on tip-toe and whispered, "Just now."
Wonderfully waffy wignette notworthy (okay, so I went with the alliteration instead of the spelling)

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#68912 01/21/10 02:34 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Feedback! thumbsup

Laura - I'm glad you liked it. laugh

anonpip - Whew! I'm so relieved and delighted to hear that you liked it. I hope you get some peace and quiet. wink

Lara - I love hearing that I managed to write something fluffy and waffy that melted you. hyper

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
#68913 01/21/10 03:47 PM
E
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
E
You're completely right. She went over there because she trusted him to keep her safe. But trusting him enough to confide in him was a whole nother issue.

Perhaps that's why I enjoyed this so much. It embodies the delicate balance between chemistry and insecurities, with a splash of banter thrown in to cover up the awkwardness.

Elisabeth

#68914 01/21/10 05:29 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
[Linked Image]

That's all I have to say. The ending was way too puddle-y perfect.
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#68915 01/21/10 06:09 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Did he think that she was a stingy sore loser who probably wandered around naked in her lonely apartment?
It's lines like this that make me love your fics!

There had to be a way to get that back - that feeling of friendly safety that Clark had offered earlier. There had to be a way to show him that she wasn't a desperate loser.
This is great. It shows her inner insecurities and highlights her growing attraction.

Everyone else already said what I was feeling, so I'll end this comment with "great fic"!
Tremendously fun to read.

#68916 01/27/10 03:14 AM
Kerth
Kerth
That was lovely. Lois's physical fears and emotional insecurities came through so well. And what came through even clearer was that Clark was exactly the man she needed.

#68917 01/27/10 11:52 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
This was a fun read. Their sparring was well done -- Lois is kind of pathetic, LOL (though understandably so, with Griffin's threat hanging over her), but I like that Clark didn't coddle her -- and the ending was wonderfully sweet. A very WAFFy story and perfect for the ficathon!

Kathy

#68918 01/28/10 12:44 PM
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Okay, sorry it took so long to get to this. I did write this up last week, but never managed to get online and when I did last night, I couldn’t find the file, so had to redo it.

I had to refrain myself from quoting the entire fic, it was so good, but I’m afraid I still managed to call out quite a lot in trying for just my favorite lines.

She tried to take deep breaths and think of how much safer she'd feel at Clark's. The last time she had shown up late at night after a death threat, he had given her a hug and made her a strawberry smoothie before letting her sleep on his couch.
This paints such a sweet picture and sounds very much like Clark. He’s a bit of a mother-hen that way.

"Shouldn't you lock that?" she asked. "I mean, this isn't exactly an upscale neighborhood and you've had break-ins before. I think you'd better lock the door."
I can actually hear her saying this in my head – too fast – and imagine Clark’s bemused expression.

Then she continued along the wall to check on his patio door. "I can't believe you leave this open, Clark. Anybody could get in here."
Completely unlike the window she routinely leaves open that’s large enough for a grown man to fly through…

"Clark, I am a professional reporter. This is not the first threat that I have ever received. These, these things they, they never pan out."
Well, that’s reassuring.

"Oh, I, I, I mean, oh, if, well, if it would make you feel better than I, I guess that…"
It’s so magnanimous of Lois to spend the night to make Clark feel better.

"A first kiss means nothing to you?" he asked in disbelief.
Boy scout Clark.

I loved the whole back and forth over what happened in the honeymoon suite. That was exactly the type of teasing I was hoping for and you did it so, so well.

Did he think that she was a stingy sore loser who probably wandered around naked in her lonely apartment? He didn't think she was exciting or dangerous. He thought she was pathetic.
smile1

And I loved the end. Completely wasn’t expecting it, but it was perfect. Just like the rest of this.

Thank you again, Sue!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard