For those who requested to see LnC’s friends’ reactions, here it is. This little scene takes place after Lois has spent the night at the farm (where they get back together), and before they go back (and the Superman costume is made).

In an effort to actually get something up tonight, this is unbetaed.

I could hear Lois’ heartbeat going a mile a minute as we walked into the cafeteria. “What’s up?” I leaned down to ask her. “We’re just having dinner with our friends, right?”

Lois nodded. “It’s just that… well, they all think I’m a little crazy or something. That I was unfair to you. What are they going to think about the fact that you’ve forgiven me?”

I laughed. “Why are you worried about that? You should feel vindicated. You told them that I cheated and I did.”

“Except that I can’t tell them that,” Lois pointed out. “So now they are going to think I made it up and you were benevolent enough to forgive me. You come out looking even better than ever and I’m the lucky crazy girl.”

I stopped when I could hear how serious she was in her voice. “Lois, stop,” I told her. “First off, these are our friends. Not my friends, but our friends. They don’t think you’re crazy.” She cocked an eyebrow at me. “Well, okay, a little unreasonable at times, but not crazy. Second of all, it doesn’t matter what they think, we know that you were right, and I’m lucky that you forgave me, not the other way around.”

“Got that right,” Lois muttered, but she smiled, knowing now that I could hear such things.

“And lastly, if it makes you feel any better, Steve isn’t going to wonder.”

“He isn’t?” she asked me, surprised.

“No. Have you looked in the mirror lately?” I asked her. “You are far more attractive than me. Steve thinks I’m an idiot for not groveling to get you back before now.”

Lois chuckled. “I’m not sure in what world I’m the more attractive one, but whatever.”

I could hear that her heartbeat was back to normal, and grabbed her hand to get into the cafeteria before she remembered she was nervous.

Alicia’s eyes just about bugged out of her head as we approached hand-in-hand. I shouldn’t have been surprised that she was the first to notice. Although it wasn’t her reaction I was nervous about. I didn’t mention it to Lois, but I was worried about Maddie.

I wasn’t sure, but I had gotten the impression before now that Maddie didn’t share everyone else’s viewpoint that Lois was being unreasonable. I think Maddie guessed, correctly, that my missing that lunch was not a one time thing and Lois broke up with me for much the same reason she did. What would she think when she saw us back together? Would she think Lois decided she didn’t care? Or would she realize Lois knew the secret?

I know Maddie said she wanted me to tell someone, but I wasn’t sure she wanted to be around to see it. That couldn’t be fun for her. She probably meant in a “someday” sort of way, and thought that day would long in the future. If she knew Lois knew now, would that make it seem like I had never cared for her at all? The last thing I wanted to do was hurt Maddie more than I already had, but I wasn’t sure what to do about it. I wasn’t going to tell her my secret just because Lois knew it.

Without a word, Lois and I put our stuff down at the table, and went up to the line to pick up our food. I could tell that Lois was taking her time picking things out to avoid having to sit down. I leaned over and grabbed the last piece of chocolate cake, placing it on her tray. “For fortitude,” I whispered and she gave me a weak smile.

“So, you guys are back together?” Alicia asked as soon as we sat down.

“Alicia,” Chris warned her. “This is their decision.”

“I’m just curious,” she told him.

“Yes, we are,” I said.

“So, you forgave him for missing lunch?” Alicia asked.

Lois nodded.

“And you forgave her for getting upset about something so…” She trailed off as Chris put a hand on her shoulder.

“There was nothing to forgive,” I told her honestly.

“Cool,” Josh said, and Steve nodded in agreement.

Everyone got quiet for a moment, and I looked at Maddie. She smiled at me encouragingly. I wasn’t completely sure what she was thinking, but I did get the sense that she was happy for me.

“So,” Chris said, looking at Josh, “what are your plans for the summer?”

Alicia grumbled a bit, clearly she wanted to pry more, but after a moment, Josh replied and the topic was dropped.