Comments?

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
yay!!! great part!!!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
"Yup,” she said. “He said he couldn’t in good conscious give either of us internships. The internships are for doing grunt work, learning to understand the skills that make a great reporter. He didn’t see how he could claim we needed that when we had an article on the front page of the Planet before we even started. So, he’s giving us staff positions instead.
dance dance dance

Woo-hoo! Great part, and great Superman debut.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh, like that won't go to their heads. smile

I like how they didn't plan out Superman's debut. It'll make the "right place at the right time" thing more believable.

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Another good instalment.
I've been following this story since the beginning and I have to say it's been a fun twist on the origin of Superman and Lois and Clark.

I always enjoy it when Lois is in on it from the beginning. They divided romantic interest, while providing good angst, can get a bit old at times.

I am a bit disappointed that we didn't get to see the reactions from their friends regarding the miraculous change in Lois' feelings toward Clark. This is a group that has been present to a great extent during the entire story, but now suddenly has disappeared. I would think that Maddie would be especially interested in Lois' change of heart. Did Clark's secret contribute to their break-up? Did he tell her his secret and she forgave him? What could that secret have been that he could tell Lois but not her?

Anyway, it's been a great story so far and I look forward to its final wrap-up.

Tank (who is now waiting for Lois' haircut since the short hair has always been the physical signpost of Lois' change from friendship to romantic feelings for Clark)

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful part. I loved the coming out fire.

Originally posted by Tank:
I would think that Maddie would be especially interested in Lois' change of heart. Did Clark's secret contribute to their break-up? Did he tell her his secret and she forgave him? What could that secret have been that he could tell Lois but not her?
I too would like to see their friend's reactions. However after the talk Maddy gave Clark I don't see her wondering what the secret is/was, but rather patting herself on the back.

Framework4
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
They got staff-jobs shock NICE twist blush

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
A
anonpip Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
A
Okay, I'm doing a spectacularly bad job of posting as planned. I'm sorry. I'm not sure what's taking all my time recently, but I really have had very little time.

Thanks all, for the comments. I'm glad the Superman debut went well. I was a little unsure of it. I had a lot of trouble deciding what his debut would be. I knew I didn't want to steal anything really big from the show as in my mind this world is largely the same as the one in canon, so those things are still going to happen in several years.

Tank and Patrick - Some of their friends' reactions are covered in the next chapter (well, at least some of what Maddie is thinking), but given the request from more than one person, I've thought of added some more earlier in the story. If I can get a little something written tonight, I'll post it.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I love that Superman has made his debut! And it's great that Lois is involved - she'll be so much better at concealing the secret than Clark will be alone.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard