Next Thread
Print Thread
#68799 01/16/10 06:18 AM
sunrei Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
*Tiptoes quietly in*

So I thought I would try something different (style-wise) for me. Let me know if it works.

Thanks!

~sonia

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
kwo Offline
Blogger
Blogger
I've never posted. Your story complied me to because it is so beautiful. Keep it up.

Karen

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Sonia! wave

Sad and sweet huh

I'm really scared though what will happen to Clark wildguy <- is setting up camp...

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Run, Forrest, run!

I can't help thinking about Forrest Gump and the little girl who made him break out of his "leg braces prison" as I'm reading this.

With Lois at his side (and often behind him with the proverbial prodding iron), he'd begun concentrating a little harder, walking a little further, and standing a little taller. And in the evenings, she'd be there, massaging his aching legs as he read one his favorite books aloud.
Run, Forrest! Or at least, climb, Clark!

I'm thinking of the latest Superman movie, too, where Superman turned out to have a son. That son was sickly, and it is of course far more likely that a being from another planet would be sick on the Earth than that he would be "super".

Anyway, I really, really loved this Lois! How delightfully spunky she was!

&#8220;Why would you defend me?&#8221;

His curiosity had morphed into confusion with her answer: &#8220;Because I'm your best friend.&#8221;

Succinct, to the point, and delivered as if it should have been obvious. Lois, he'd later decide, sometimes had trouble forgiving people that didn't see the world in the same way as she did.

But back then, he didn't know her yet. In fact, they had just met, so he'd needed clarification. &#8220;Wha&#8230; How am I your be&#8230; Why?&#8221;

She had then looked at him as if he were slow to the start of the race. &#8220;Because everybody should have one.&#8221;
Awwwww!!! sloppy sloppy sloppy

I very much look forward to the rest of this, Sonia!

Ann

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
WONDERFUL beginning!

sunrei Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi all!

Karen, I'm happy that you emerged from lurkdom to reply! I really appreciate it.

Michael, see Ann's comment regarding the green-k/sickly explanation. I think you'll be satisfied with what happens to Clark... two parts isn't really enough to torture him. Or, is it? :halo: Also, thanks for that little scary dude who's setting up camp. I don't want no trouble! I guess I better stay focused on getting PPJC back on track!

Ann, right on with the right on. Yes, I laughed when I was writing it because there were some Gumpian qualities surfacing and they were totally unintentional. I had all kinds of thoughts about My Girl and Supes Returns, but didn't think up Forrest 'til the end. I figure that Clark's sickness has to with a foreign body adapting to a new-ish environment.

Thanks Cookies! Beginning indeed wink

Would y'all totally hate me for posting twice in the same day? I'm not one for hostaging fics if they are finished (probably because if I don't power on I don't finish, shhh). Anywayz, this one is close to being put to bed...

The fic is close to being put to bed, not the players! *shakes finger*

~s

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Good beginning

This reminded me of the movie “Unbreakable”. I thought the boy was going to be someone that Clark meets.

Clark’s illness is similar to the illness that the man had in the movie. I think it was called Brittle Bone Disease.

And we would not mind at all if you posted twice in the same day!!! laugh

Perry: (To Lois) Honey, this could be greatest story since Superman came to town. By-the-by, where is that husband of yours?
--Faster Than a Speeding Vixon
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Interesting start. Only two parts?

Until your comment above I was assuming this Smallville was peppered by shads of green kryptonite and Clark would leave to visit Lois and get not just well but Super.

Looking forward to more.

Framework4
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I think it is an interesting idea that the sun makes him weaker instead of stronger. I'm thinking of the European's first visits to South America.

Elisabeth

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Sonia! I LOVED this beginning. Clark's life is so tragic and lonely (it reminded me of "Unbreakable", too) until he meets Lois. Not only is she his first friend in a long, long time, but she's decided to become his champion. I loved it that she punched Pete Ross!
clap
She had then looked at him as if he were slow to the start of the race. “Because everybody should have one.”
I wanted to both cry and melt into a WaFFy puddle of goo here.

It wasn’t until she came by on the last day (fittingly) of summer to say that she was moving again, that he realized that she’d also taught him about love.
*sighs* That was just beautiful and sad. When I first read this, I could only hope that part two would bring them back together and you didn't disappoint.
notworthy

/runs off to comment on part 2.
BJ

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Short comment - good start. Waiting for more and can't wait to read part two. Fortunately, since I'm reading this late, part two is already posted!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard