OP Offline
Features Writer
A
wave

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You already know this, but I loved the way Clark figured out Lois' birthday and surprised her. Well, wanted to surprise her before Superman got in the way. Waffy fic and a very clever save (for Lois' birthday surprise) at the end clap

“I know. But I do need some things. I could use a new pair of shoes and a new suit – my black one was ruined last month when we went to the mud wrestling bar. And I need a few things for my kitchen. A new spatula, for one.”
laugh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
Kerth
The sequel!!! I want the sequel!!

You won't have the constraints of the assignment of not having them in the same room.

So please ... can we have a sequel??

This was a beautiful fic - but I kept looking at the scroll bar and wishing there was still a lot more of the story left.

All Clark's careful planning and Lois's suspicions were very in-character for both of them.

Corrina.

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful tale. If you a sequel please have Lois discover the geologists are stupid idiots.

"very delicate equipment" indeed. razz

Framework4
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
awww! smile Poor Clark's plans all ruined by silly people needing Superman for stuff... wink And poor Lois, all alone, too.

You did a great job working around the weird and crazy limitations I put in for this fic. wink I hoped for a little bit of angst, and this certainly did the trick! Thank you! laugh

Hopefully when Lois and Clark find themselves in the same room again, things can start working better for them. wink They deserve it!

Thanks for this, it was lovely, and made a rather bad day seem a lot better. *hugs*

...and now I wish someone would plan things like that for my birthday -- I wonder what Superman's doing next week? lol! Then again, I s'pose I'd have to be Lois for this to work, huh? I wonder what Batman's doing... lol! (yes, yes, I know, he's dead right now...Bruce, anyway...)

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Top Banana
Top Banana
This was a very poignant response to a very creative request. I could feel my frustration growing along with Clark's. Screw the geologists!

Also, Lara's siggie cracks me up.

This *is* my happily ever after.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I loved it. The whole "missed plans" thing was so poignant. I'm glad Lois got to see how much Clark cared for her at the end of the fic.

Excellent work within the constraints! When I saw the requirements, I was wondering how you could write a fic where Lois and Clark weren't together - but you did it wonderfully.

Merriwether
Merriwether
Those were some tough prompts, but you did a good job with them! It was frustrating that Clark couldn't get away from Norway, even though he had made such big plans, but once I saw the prompts, I understood. And I liked that, in the end, all Lois really wanted was to talk to Clark and it made her happy; the "perfect day" he had planned was almost incidental. That's wonderfully sweet, and a great way to wrap up the story. smile

(And LOL on the mud-wrestling reference. I had figured the last story was set in S2 and now you've confirmed it. Cute. smile )

Kathy

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
What a beautiful story! I was screaming for something one day longer, but when I read the requirements I understood why you left it as a vignette. As a matter of course I actually prefer that artists leave their audience wanting a little bit more, but as a fickle woman I also am allowed to occasionally change my mind.

Elisabeth

Top Banana
Top Banana
This was wonderful.

I think my favorite part was this:
And I need a few things for my kitchen. A new spatula, for one.”

“You need a spatula?” I asked. Lois had a spatula? And what could she possibly have used it for that she would need to replace it?

“Yes, I do,” she said haughtily.

“What happened to the old one?” I asked, suspicious.

“I…um… burned it… making… soup?” she answered lamely.

“You used a spatula to make soup?” I clarified.

She sighed. “Fine. I used it as a fly swatter. But I really did burn the old one. I left it on the stove accidentally.”

“And you turned the stove on?” I asked her.
I love Lois-in-the-kitchen humor.

I'm glad that despite everything they got a nice ending.

Bob

A
anonpip Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
A
Yay! I'm so glad you liked it!

Thanks, Michael!

Corrina - thank you. Not sure if there's a sequel coming. I promised myself no more writing for awhile after the ficathon. But then again, I did write Fighting Dirty, and I just sent another short piece to Carol, so I'm not holding up to that all that well.

Patrick - Do we need to be told the geologists are stupid idiots?

Lara - I'm so glad you liked it. I found your constraints... creative, to say the least. I had a lot of trouble with Lois and Clark not being in the same room and almost hoped to get away with the flashback including some of that (thinking it was just a flasback), but in the end, it was fun and challenging to work around it.

So, thank you. I never would have written this story without you.

And as sort of a teaser, I had a different idea entirely in mind when I first got my assignment. I dropped it, thinking I'd never make it work before the deadline, but ended up working on it this weekend. The end result doesn't completely fit within your constraints, but it adds a new one that I thought you'd like. Just sent it off to Carol, so hope to post later today or tomorrow...

Thanks, HappyGirl! And thanks for pointing out Lara's siggie, too. I hadn't noticed it at first, but it made me laugh.

Thanks, IolantheAlias!

Kathy - Thank you. I have to admit, I wanted to write something waffy, but Lara's prompts forced the fic to be a bit more angsty, so I was constantly trying to find the right balance between the two. Glad to hear I succeeded.

Thanks, Elisabeth. Personally I hate it when a story leaves me wanting more - although I recognize that a good story often does.

Thanks, Bob! You know, I often wonder about the kitchen humor for Lois. For all the talk of her not being able to cook, she makes this wonderful spread in Season's Greetings. But since I ignored that part of the episode here, I didn't need to worry about that. wink

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard