Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BJ Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Nan, I don't have much time for feedback, but I did want to start the thread and tell you that I think you're brilliant. This is one of the best explanations for why Luthor built his Ark that I've read.

Still loving how Lois is watching Clark subtly use his powers during their investigation.

And *7* parts? Yay!

dance

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I agree with BJ. Luthor was a rotten snake all his life and he wanted to be prepared for anything.

Lois is almost playing this too cute. She's coming to rely on her partner's special abilities, and that might get her to take a chance or two she wouldn't have taken had she thought Clark was an ordinary man. Of course, this changes everything from here on out, doesn't it? How will she convince Clark that her feelings are for him and not for Superman? Will she pretend to be stunned when he tells her? And wouldn't that be just as dishonest as him not telling her before he asks her to marry him?

This situation solves some problems and reveals others. In the interest of fairness, she should probably tell him that she knows the secret before he embarrasses himself completely. And she should do it before she leads him on romantically, too. No sense making this any harder than it has to be.

Oh, the A-plot is fantastic, Nan. I'm ready to find out what's supposed to happen with the EMP satellites and how Superman is going to stop the blast.

There is actually some empirical evidence of what an EMP would do. This site describes the probable worst-case scenario resulting from a nuclear blast over America, and it mentions a nuclear test over Johnson Island in the South Pacific in June 1962 which damaged electronics in Hawaii, a thousand miles away. That blast wasn't supposed to have that result, either. Surprise!

When's the next chapter coming up?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Very chilling! And I agree with above posters that this is a much more plausible reason for Lex to have had the Ark ready.

I'm sure he's going to regret that he kidnapped Lois Lane...

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nan, your ominous-music-to-creepy-foot-steps scene was riveting as usual clap

And dizzy

You're evil, Nan wink

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Now *that* is an evil plan worthy of Lex Luthor. Nice. Since they discovered it ahead of time, I'm going to assume Superman will have no trouble stopping it. If all else fails, he can fly about and disable the satellites. However, will Lex be brought to justice? That's the tricky part.

The *other* tricky part is Lois's confession that she's been on to Clark for a while now. Still, since she's been hanging out with Clark, not Superman, that should make it clear she's not primarily interested in "flights and tights". Or not. laugh Should be fun to watch, either way!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard