Print Thread
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
FDK goes here smile .

Hopefully no site issues like last time...

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I think it's really neat that Clark will come on an emergency basis and take space colonists back to Earth if needed. A heck of a lot easier than sending up an unscheduled rocket.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, I'm taking it this isn't the end of the story... er, stories?

"Meet me under the mistletoe?"
This was cute especially considering blondie was there to see the kiss. It brought a big smile to my face!

I thought about whether to say this or not, but I'll just go ahead and plow through. Lois seemed a bit subdued in this part. I definitely liked the first part better.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
clap
The whole thing was eerily similar to my first meeting with Superman. If I hadn't been there, I couldn’t have shorted out the wiring like before and no one would have known anything was wrong until the thing exploded not long after takeoff.
You know, for some reason I couldn't help but imagine the following addition:
"And I wouldn't have found the Christmas card tucked to the bomb: 'Merry Christmas, Lois! Love, Lex'"

Only once I came up for air did I realize that I'd inadvertently stopped under the mistletoe.
Hmm... was it there before Lois stopped? clap So, what's next?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Both parts were a lot of fun! And I could tell that you had fun with the symmetry. But I don't know anyone who has Tang as part of their Christmas traditions, so did you mean it was a new tradition based on Lois sampling it on the space station, or is it something the Kents came up with?

(Years ago people used to make the "instant spiced tea" recipe that uses Tang as an ingredient and give it as Christmas gifts, but I haven't heard of anyone doing that lately.)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Cute story! Actually, Tang isn't that evil.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Very cute. I liked this part better because I didn't have any problems figuring out the continuity.

There were a couple of "her"s that should have been "my"s. It distracted me enough that I paused to scratch my head. Of course, I suppose you said those were Jenn's fault. laugh

And I liked the Tang at the ending because it meant that both meant the full requirements for a ficathon, even if it is a lousy Christmas tradition.

Elisabeth
who wonders what you spike Tang with

Top Banana
Top Banana
This was fun. I agree with Elisabeth that this was much easier to follow.

Years ago people used to make the "instant spiced tea" recipe that uses Tang as an ingredient and give it as Christmas gifts, but I haven't heard of anyone doing that lately.
The youth of our church make a mix they call Russian Tea that includes, among other ingredients, Tang. They make up jars and sell them as Christmas gifts as a fundraiser. So, at least in the wilds of Oregon, Tang is part of Christmas.

Bob

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
But I don't know anyone who has Tang as part of their Christmas traditions, so did you mean it was a new tradition based on Lois sampling it on the space station, or is it something the Kents came up with?
Tang was actually part of Editor Jax's request.

Jen's request:

Three things I want in my fic:
1. An unexpected kiss.
2. Sam and Ellen bickering (but it can be indirect).
3. The egg nog somehow being replaced by Tang.

~~~
I've had the Tang stuff at church, too. I think it was "called" Wassail.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Bob, the "Russian Tea" is the stuff I was referring to as the only use I've seen of Tang at Christmas. It goes by various names. It could be a regional thing--people used to make it where I grew up in Missouri but I haven't seen it anywhere during the 19 years I've lived in Georgia. But then again, since I wouldn't be able to drink it (food allergies), I could've just missed it.

And I don't drink eggnog for the same reason, but my son just loves the stuff (the non-alcoholic version).

Merriwether
Merriwether
In my husband's family, they call the mixture, "Tang Tea", and they keep it in a jar in the pantry. thumbsup

I love the way you incorporated the prompts into the stories. Especially the Tang -- of course there would be Tang on the space station! That really made me laugh!

Kathy (jealous that Carol wrote two ficathon stories and I haven't even finished my one!)

Kerth
Kerth
I loved the explanation as to why Lois knew it wasn't a huge risk to get onto the space station - Clark had rescued people before and *of course* he would come for her.

Why was his first cape too heavy?

I enjoyed both of the stories - probably marginally enjoyed the first one more. However, I think as a pair they complement each other perfectly.

Corrina.

A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Not surprisingly, I'm in the camp of people who liked this part better since even I could understand it. Plus, I loved Lois cornering Clark under the mistletoe in full view of Lana.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard