Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Almost there.

Thanks!

Corrina.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOL that was a cute ending about him wearing the suit for the first 30 seconds. It is wrapping up nicely. Only one more chapter! I am sad that it is going to end. I truly loved this whole story. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Another excellent chapter and it's all falling into place nicely for Clark to appear as Superman. I'm really looking forward to the final chapter to find out Perry's reaction to Lois's reappearance and to see how the story concludes; although it will be sad to have it end, it has been an excellent journey you have taken us on. Well done! Will we get the final chapter for Christmas??? <hint, hint> wink

Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Cheers
Elizabeth

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
How very interesting. My favorite part of this chapter was, unsurprisingly, the revelation of how Kip persuaded young Clark to follow him to New Krypton to be the leader of that planet. I wonder, didn't I call Kip "Rip" the last time I wrote about him? I think I felt disgusted with him, as if he had "ripped" young Clark from his Earth parents. I'm glad to find out it was not like that. I'm glad that Clark was given a choice. I do feel very sorry for Martha and Jonathan, since Clark decided to take Kip's advice and leave his Earth parents without telling them. But I agree with Kip: telling Martha and Jonathan might have been a risk.

A few weeks ago, I listened to an absolutely brilliant lecture given by a Swedish professor of physics, Cecilia Jarlskog. This is Cecilia:

[Linked Image]

Here she is giving a speech to a winner of the Nobel Prize for physics. Anyway, Cecilia Jarlskog said in the lecture I was listening to that she hoped that the Earth will not be visited by aliens, because if that happens the Earth will probably be taken over by them. I agree. If they have the technology to travel here from a distant solar system light-years away, while we don't even have the technology to send people to Mars, a few light-minutes from here, then the risk is overwhelming that the aliens will just take over our world, in much the same way that the Europeans of the 16th and 17th century wrested control of the Americas from the people who already lived there.

So yes, I most certainly agree that the Nors of the universe need to be kept unaware of the existence of the Earth! So Kip and Clark probably made the right choice.

I very much liked young Clark's reasoning and objections to Kip, but I do have one minor quip - didn't he sound too adult and solemn for a fifteen-year-old boy? Surely Martha and Jonathan hadn't taught him to speak like that?

The rest of the chapter was mostly sugar and fluff. Ah, but it was really adorably sweet! clap

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
I see I was wrong about Lois having lost her ability to fly... and I've never been so happy to be wrong as I was to be wrong about this! How wonderful that they were able to fly together as equals, and how incredibly sweet of Clark to think of taking Lois flying and to recognize the urgency of doing it now, tonight, knowing it may well be Lois's last chance to experience flight under her own power. Very, very nice.

smile1

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So adorable that they got one last chance to fly together. clap

Clark's reaction to seeing Lois for the first time in normal Earth-wear was great and did I mention that their honeymooning is adorable?

Nice resolution on the entire kidnapping-thing but I still think that Kip didn't really grasp the situation and manipulated the feelings of a 15-year-old boy so he would do what Kip thought was best.

Martha and Jonathan planning ahead for Clark going public was a real surprise and considering Clark was still growing when they fitted the suit on him, the spandex must be even tighter now laugh Lois is going to have a lot of fun wink

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Laura Thanks for all your wonderful comments, Laura.

Elizabeth

Will we get the final chapter for Christmas???
I just sent 42 to Iolanthe, so unless there are some major problems, it should be posted before Christmas.

Merry Christmas to you!

Thanks, Elizabeth.

Ann Certainly, it was not my intention to portray Kip as fully understanding the anguish of taking Kal from Earth. He - like most Kryptonians - has a mindset that is strongly aligned with duty. And for him duty includes trying to protect the innocent.

He did try to protect Kal and Earth. But he also couldn't see past the fact that Clark was Kal-El and his duty was to return and lead his planet.

Re Clark sounding older. Firstly, I always imagined Clark as a responsible-beyond-his-years teenager. Secondly, the original conversation happened through the translator in the globe and was then further translated so Lois and Clark could understand it. Any slang in Clark's speech, anything that made him sound like an American teenager would not have survived two translations.

However, I'll go back over it and perhaps tone it down a little. Thanks for your thoughts.

Vicki The hold-up with this part was that I wanted to open it with Lois walking across to Clark in her new clothes. That meant the flying scene had to be in flashback/memory - but I felt it lost something if it wasn't 'live'.

Anyway, I'm glad you liked it - your comments make me think putting it first was the right way to go.

Thanks, Vicki.

Michael Spandex stretches, doesn't it? laugh

Thanks for all your FDK, Michael.

Corrina.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Re Clark sounding older. Firstly, I always imagined Clark as a responsible-beyond-his-years teenager. Secondly, the original conversation happened through the translator in the globe and was then further translated so Lois and Clark could understand it.
Good point. Clark may not have spoken exactly like that, or rather, he may not have phrased his objections exactly like that. But the Kryptonian translator would have translated his words just like that. If you make the fact that we are listening to "a translated Clark" a little bit clearer, then I think Clark really should be talking like that. What we hear through the globe is not what Clark actually said, but what Kip heard him say. We hear Clark through Kip's translator. I think that is a very good thing, because Kip would not see and hear Clark in the same way that Martha and Jonathan would see and hear him. I like the Kryptonian perspective of what happened. After all, we are able to fill in the Earth perspective of what happened ourselves.

Ann eek

Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi Corrina,

I am still with you and enjoying this very much. Like others have said, I'm so happy that they got the chance to fly together before Lois's powers faded away. That was inspired. smile1

Bob

S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
If not a sequel, what about a very long epilogue?

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I agree with SJH!!!

~Mel~
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Ann

If you make the fact that we are listening to "a translated Clark" a little bit clearer,
Good idea. Thanks, Ann.

Bob 'The Return of Lois Lane' - that idea has possibilities.

There may be a sequel - but my muse is not remotely interested right now.

Thanks for your FDK, Bob.

SJH The epilogue was written months ago! Thanks for asking for more though - it means a lot to me.

Mel Thanks!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard