Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
FDK goes here.

Thanks.

Corrina.

(Does this count as a 'revelation'? wink )

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'd say this definitely counts as a revelation. What a wonderful part, what a wonderful story. Ever since Kal started learning Lois' language so quickly, I wondered if maybe he had been on earth during his "hiatus". I'm so glad to learn that my assumption proved to be true.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
Love it, love it, love it. It can count as a revelation or anything you want. It was so nice and fun and waffy. Clark was so cute the way he did it.

I hope you are planning a sequel because I do not want this very original alternate beginning story to end.

Kathy
www.chili-everyway.com

robinson
Top Banana
Top Banana
This line in particular tugged at my heart:

"Martha’s gaze rested on her son – she was constantly drawn back to him."

Just a few words, but so much meaning packed into them. That is the way I've felt throughout this story.

You're doing a great job wrapping up the loose ends, Corrina. It's been a delightful journey. thumbsup thumbsup

This *is* my happily ever after.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Very, very good part. More soon!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Loved it more soon! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Awww, they are SO adorable. I must say I was a bit surprised that Kal/Clark acquired powers so quickly. I assumed it would take a few days for his body to process the yellow sunlight.

Martha said Lois has been missing for three months. Was it ever mentioned how long she was on New Krypton? I'm guessing about a month, maybe a month and a half.

I love seeing a new chapter, but I don't want this to end!!! I know you've said there won't be a sequel, but is there any way we can change your mind??? laugh

Perry: (To Lois) Honey, this could be greatest story since Superman came to town. By-the-by, where is that husband of yours?
--Faster Than a Speeding Vixon
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm still reading, still enjoying.

Before posting feedback for Part 40, I wanted to comment on the little bit of dialog from Part 39 (or was it 38? I'm hopelessly behind in feedback) quoted by Michael, where Clark says something to the effect of his folks being good people. I loved how you did that! I read Clark's line, and stopped for just a second, because I was unsure if you had simply made a mistake, including a term familiar to us but which Kal could no way know, or whether you were making a point about English being buried deep inside Kal's mind. Then I read the next line. Lois smiled. That was all you needed to say for me to know you'd done it on purpose. It is nice to think that you trust us, the readers, enough to allow us to figure these things out without you spelling it out for us!

On to Part 40. Yes! Yes! and Yes! hyper I am *so* enjoying Clark's reunion with his family and especially Lois's interaction with Martha. I've always loved the two women in Clark's life! (One quick note: You have Lois calling Clark a "Kansas farm boy" *before* the bit where Martha mentions Witchita and Lois realizes they are in Kansas.)

Poor Lois. Her powers faded away before she ever realized she could fly! (Or, can she still manage to get herself off the ground? That would be interesting. hmmmm. But I think not. I have the feeling from reading this that Clark will have to take Lois flying with him.)

I wondered, too, about Clark developing his powers so quickly. We don't know how long it took Lois to develop hers; obviously, she didn't get them immediately, or they never would have been able to brand her or implant the translator. On the other hand, she discovered them after (if my memory serves me) less than a week on New Krypton, and she could well have had them several days before realizing it. So, we know they came in a relatively short time.

Also, it occurs to me that Clark's body has already been "primed". So, it is reasonable (and as good an explanation as any) to think that they would come back even sooner than they came the first time. Which means, if you say they came on his first day back on earth, you'll get no argument from me.

I cannot believe - I refuse to believe! - that this story is coming to an end! whinging

Yes, I'd love a sequel. But if you have other stories waiting to be told, I'm happy to move on with you and see what else you have in store for us. Whatever you do - keep writing!

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yet another excellent chapter; I am so enjoying this story. Can't wait to find out Perry's reaction to Lois's reappearance... will she explain to Perry the real story or give him the Congo adaption? Will Clark end up working at The Planet? Also, what will Lois's parents and Lucy have to say?

It will be sad to see the story come to an end but it will be good to finally see how all those last details will be wrapped up. Can't wait for the next chapter!

clap

Cheers
Elizabeth

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
He didn’t say anything, just looked at her, his expression drifting between humour and incredulity.

[...]

He grinned, though it didn’t dissolve his look of befuddlement. “How many times have you looked through my clothes?”
Is he already looking? laugh

Lois chuckled. “So how many times *have* you looked through my clothes?” she asked.

He didn’t answer – not verbally. He simply leant back and did a slow scan down her body, his mouth stretching to an appreciative smile. When he reached her knees, he looked up and said, “Once – but that won’t be the last time.”
Awwww, he still waited for permission blush

Corrina, they are absolutely adorable together clap

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
bakasi Thanks for leaving FDK. I'm glad Kal having been on Earth makes sense to you.

Kathy I enjoyed writing a 'revelation' where there was absolutely no hint of angst from Lois. I'm glad you enjoyed reading it.

I hope you are planning a sequel because I do not want this very original alternate beginning story to end.
Thanks, Kathy. I really appreciate you wanting a sequel.

To be honest, I need a break from this universe. I started writing this in early August and have written almost nothing else the past five months. I have some half-written fics on my hard drive that I want to play with and see if they develop into anything.

However, I have a few ideas that could, one day, evolve into a sequel.

HappyGirl I don't have the words to express how much I appreciate you and all the others who have stayed on this journey with me. I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

And I've enjoyed your FDK too!

Artemis Thanks!

Larua Thanks. More as soon as I can.

lcfan

I must say I was a bit surprised that Kal/Clark acquired powers so quickly. I assumed it would take a few days for his body to process the yellow sunlight.
Here's my reasoning (which may or may not make sense!) Clark was within the reaches of the yellow sun for a time before he landed on Earth. Also, as mentioned by Vicki, Clark didn't need to develop powers, they just needed to be re-activated.

Timing - I kept an accurate timeline up to Day 9, then got lazy. I will go back and record the key points of each day just to check for inconsistencies, but I can't be bothered now.

The reason for the time issues is coming, and then I'll give my explanation.

Sequel - thanks so much for asking for one. See my comments to Kathy (robinson).

Vicki

Re - 'folks'

including a term familiar to us
I have an advantage here because 'folks' is not used in Australia in the context of parents/family.

Therefore it is not something I would write without thinking.

When Clark used the word in that way, it was more than a hint he'd been to Earth, it was also a hint he'd lived in the USA.

Of course, whether Lois picked up the second bit or not would depend on her knowledge of other English speaking countries.

One quick note: You have Lois calling Clark a "Kansas farm boy" *before* the bit where Martha mentions Witchita and Lois realizes they are in Kansas.
Eeeek! That one slipped through.

When I change it, should it be a 'Midwest farm boy' or a 'Midwestern farm boy'? And should I use a capital 'm'?

Clark's powers - see my reply to lcfan.

Yes, I'd love a sequel. But if you have other stories waiting to be told, I'm happy to move on with you and see what else you have in store for us. Whatever you do - keep writing!
The *only* negative in having a story completely take over your muse as this one did, is that there is no time to chase up other ideas.

I'm really looking forward to having the freedom to open a random file (they're all LnC, in case you were wondering) and seeing what happens.

Thanks for your wonderful FDK, Vicki.

Elizabeth Good questions! Thanks for reading and commenting, Elizabeth.

Michael Thanks, Michael.

Clark is *always* a gentleman - whether he's Kal or Clark.

Thanks everyone. You rock!

Corrina.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Re: folks. I said "us", but I subconciously meant "we Americans" because yes, "folks" did strike me as colloquial American English.

As to what to call Clark, to be honest, the phrase that came to my mind was "all-American farm boy". Just because "all-American" is a such a common phrase (at least, here in America). If you really did want to identify the Midwest, I honestly don't know which term is correct. "Midwestern" sounds better to me than "midwest", and I think I personally would not capitalize - but I've seen it written both ways.

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
'All-American' - perfect. Thanks. smile

I'll go and change it now.

Corrina.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Just FYI, my style book says that the names of regions are capitalized--Midwest, East Coast, etc. I suppose Outback too?

This *is* my happily ever after.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Loved it!!!!! I have enjoyed reading this and have looked forward to each new chapter. Like the others, I hate to see it end and would love to see a sequel. However, I understand about you needing a break from this universe to work on other ideas.

I can't wait to see Lois reunited with Perry and her family.

~Mel~
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
That's understandable that you would need a break from this universe. Maybe in a year or so..... laugh

Your reasoning behind Clark's powers is logical. (The fact that this is a world where there are powers in the first place makes things easier to explain anyway, LOL!) wink

Perry: (To Lois) Honey, this could be greatest story since Superman came to town. By-the-by, where is that husband of yours?
--Faster Than a Speeding Vixon
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
HappyGirl Certainly The Outback is capitalised. Something like 'going outback' probably wouldn't be.

Thanks for the info.

Mel So glad you've enjoyed the journey. Thanks for leaving FDK.

lcfan Glad it makes sense to you. Yes, when canon has a world with unanswerables, there is more scope to stretch things.

Thanks

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard