Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#68205 12/16/09 03:05 PM
BJ Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Yes, I shall take all the credit. This is the credit I shall take. The credit for this story -- it shall be mine. wink

For those of you that didn't get to preview the finale, you must go back and re-read the first 9 parts. As with any time-travel, soul-switching story, the flip-flops can get a little confusing. Either that or I'm completely dense. laugh

The angle that FutureClark and FutureLois didn't continue on as an alternative universe was a little hard for me wrap my head around, but reading the parts in succession really helped me see the light. See the TOC here.

I did love how compassionate and bold Lois was after she realized where/when she was.
"Marry me," she whispered breathlessly. "Let's make our own future. Today. Right now. Marry me."
Squee! I love it.

BJ

#68206 12/16/09 03:24 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
smile1 smile1 hyper hyper notworthy notworthy
YES!!! Take all the credit you want!!! Sue
finished it!!! I feel like I just got a Christmas present!!
Now, to go read it!!!
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
#68207 12/16/09 04:29 PM
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
At last!

Now that was a very satisfying ending.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
#68208 12/16/09 04:35 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
So glad to see this up. laugh

Well, Sue, you did it. You got rid of Future Lois and Future Clark, and yet I don't feel bad because you convinced me that they aren't really gone at all. They're right here in their younger selves.

Well done. Now go read Foreshadowing. It'll be good for a laugh. wink

This *is* my happily ever after.
#68209 12/16/09 07:06 PM
R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
Great story. I enjoyed rereading it again.

Kathy
www.chili-everyway.com

robinson
#68210 12/16/09 08:06 PM
Columnist
Columnist
I'm so glad that this story is finished! I've always loved mixed up Lois and Clarks, and this was a great story. Although it seems a little sad that future LnC are essentially erased, I really enjoyed the ending with past LnC, seeing how they interact after learning so much about the other person, yet not exactly form that other person.

Great story!

#68211 12/17/09 04:43 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awesome ending and very satisfying! Congrats to Sue and to Brenda for lighting the fuze!!
cool
Artemis

#68212 12/17/09 05:15 AM
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
That was such a great end to the story! I can't wait until I have some time to read it all at once.

I am very impressed how you managed to get rid of their future selves without any reader angst. And the bedroom standoff was so funny to envision!

It was well worth the wait. Thanks Sue!

Amber

#68213 12/17/09 05:54 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Great ending, and I'm delighted to have you back here, Sue! sloppy

No time for more FDK right now, I'm afraid...

Ann

#68214 12/17/09 09:54 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I am still sad that you erased 1998 LnC-- your writing is so vivid that I can't just think of them as distant characters. it will take me a while to wrap my head around this ending.

#68215 12/17/09 10:35 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Now that's timing hyper

Loved the ending, Sue. Lois slowly realizing what's going on is always fun to read laugh

Good to have you back here

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#68216 12/17/09 10:57 AM
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
so lets go back to future lois and clark - i mean, of course a sequel is in the works, right?

anywho - so glad you're back! i was getting worried we'd never see the end of this (even though it got me terribly confused, but its more fun studying fic than schoolwork)! love your work!

#68217 12/17/09 11:49 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Way to go, Sue! I had loved reading this story but didn't think you'd be able to wrap it up in a good happy ending sort of way... but you did! I am impressed. Plus, I loved it! Gonna go back and re-read the whole thing as soon as I get half a chance... thanks for finishing this.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#68218 12/17/09 02:39 PM
Kerth
Kerth
I was nervous that it had been too long and no one would remember the story, so I was really excited to see such a warm reception. smile1

Brenda - The credit is all yours! You deserve heaps of praise! And, please, don't say you're "dense". The story wouldn't make any sense at all if you hadn't pointed out where I was being dense. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Artemis - Merry Christmas! I'm glad you found the ending satisfying. laugh

Nan - And Nan found it satisfying as well! <happy dance>

Happy Girl - Yes, you got it exactly, they're aren't "gone". I'll add 'Foreshadowing' to my to-read list. <g>

Kathy - Wow, you even reread it? Awesome! I'm pleased you enjoyed it. smile

Beth - Please don't be sad! They aren't erased. As my inestimable beta put it to me, "the future wasn't an alternate timeline, it just hasn't happened yet".

Amber - The "bedroom standoff" was one of the first things I wrote for this story. I just loved the mental picture of them on opposite sides of the bed and the awkwardness of trying to explain to each other how they ended up there. Hee!

Ann - Awww, I'm delighted to see you, too!

Joy - Oh, but they aren't really erased. They just haven't lived that part of their lives… yet.

Michael - I'm so glad you liked it and that you hadn't given up on me. <more happy dancing>

Sarah - I'm sorry I had you worried you'd never see the end. And a sequel? Yeesh, I'm overwhelmed just thinking about it. Thanks for asking, though. smile

Pam - I believe I did promise that it would have a happy-ish ending. I'm thrilled to have impressed you. <wheeeee!>

Thank you all for sticking with me. Half of my team at work left back in May and I've spent the past six months working double to finish a major upgrade and bring two new facilities on-line. It feels amazing to have free time again and even better to see all your happy, shiny avatars. party

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
#68219 12/17/09 03:13 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Sue!

I have seen your name on different posts for the last couple of weeks. I was hoping that you were back to play with the L&C crowd again. What a treat to see you posting the end of your story.

Welcome back!
Have a wonderful Holiday Season
And please: Write on!
Anne smile1

#68220 12/17/09 03:17 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi Sue,

Darn. I missed the first wave of feedback. Oh, well.

I read this section when it was first posted but, although I enjoyed it, I knew that I was missing too much so I waited to leave FDK until I had time to go back and read the whole thing in one sitting. Now that I've done that, I say.

IT IS FANTASTIC! clap

When I did go through it again, these two lines in Part 10 captured it for me.
From Lois:
I thought I was going to miss you, but you're right here.
and then from Clark:
It's really you, isn't it?
I read this as that they had both fallen in love with their time-displaced partner and were afraid that the person that they were with was different than the one they had learned to love. To me this was their realization that each of them hadn't lost that special person at all.

For me it was all wonderfully WAFFY. sloppy love

Bob

#68221 12/17/09 07:29 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow Sue what a great little story. I wish I remember the Alt part 7, especially if it is like any of your other Alt story versions <g> Is there an nfic version of this somewhere? Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#68222 12/18/09 03:56 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Oooo! More FDK! It's like Christmas has come early!

Anne - Hi! I am back to play! We're not scheduled to do another upgrade at work until May/June. Luckily, it doesn't look like it's going to be anything like the one we just finished. <whew>

Bob - You reread the story, too? Thank you! I'm deliriously happy that you liked it so much. You absolutely read the last part right - they haven't lost the person they fell in love with. I would stipulate, though, that they were both already in love, it was just easier and less risky (as Lois notes) to love their future partner. Clark had a Lois who wasn't commitment-shy and Lois learned that Clark could be trusted with her heart. Spending that much time with their future partners opened their eyes to what was already there in front of them.

Laura - There's an alternate version of part 8 gathering dust somewhere. I'll see if I can finish it for you. wink

Thanks again to everyone who's commented. I appreciate it very, very much. hyper

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
#68223 12/18/09 12:24 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Merry Christmas to you too! smile1
Glad you came back to play with us! Yes, something on the nfic side would be a great Christmas present!!
cool
Artemis

#68224 12/19/09 01:16 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I am so excited to see you back! And, you finished Ricochet! Yippee!! clap

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard