#67700 11/25/09 06:11 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Thanks everyone!

Corrina.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay you posted! this was very sweet and how Nor died is a nice surprise.I am not thrilled that Lois is being held to blame but way to go Lois! That was some magic bullet, it bounced off of her head and killed Nor and saved Kal! And she can't even feel guilty because she did not pull the trigger and could not help it! This sounds very promising. I hope you have a little nfic section ahead, but even if not I am looking forward to more. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
The marriage ceremony was beautiful! I'm thrilled that they are FINALLY officially married and just to each other.

Nor is out of the picture, and Ching and Za are in charge. Hopefully, they will pardon Kal and Lois.

I'm still curious about the couple that you periodically write about. Are they Jonathan and Martha on Earth? Is Kal the child they are missing? Will it be possible for Kal and Lois to return to Earth now that Kal is no longer needed to rule his people? Lots to consider!

~Mel~
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
This was such a beautiful part. Thank you for posting this. I'm really curios when Kal El will find out, that he hadn't been in hiatus for all those years.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Imagine that Lois killed Nor, when she intercepted the bullet that was meant for Kal! And the ricochet killed Nor! If that is not poetic justice, what is?

That was a very sweet wedding ceremony. I also loved what Riz and Ard gave Lois. The dress was wonderful compared with the potato sacks that women ordinarily wear on New Krypton, and I loved the "pinking" for Lois's cheeks! clap And the posy was as adorable as if it had been drawn with crayons by a five-year-old girl for her favorite aunt!

Oh, and... yay to Za and Ching, and yay to Tek becoming Kal's friend and equal rather than his servant.

Ann

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
That was such a wonderful wedding ceremony. I love that they took such care to make it as close to an Earth wedding as possible.

So now, Kal is no longer the Supreme Ruler. Ching has taken his place. Za is also there. A step in the right direction, as Lois thought. The planet is safe from Nor's rule. The only thing left to do is for Kal and Lois to go the Earth! Oh, first Kal has to get his memories back, then they can go to Earth! smile1

Perry: (To Lois) Honey, this could be greatest story since Superman came to town. By-the-by, where is that husband of yours?
--Faster Than a Speeding Vixon
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Awesome part and literally no time but I needed to get these two things out, at least:

Ching succeeding Nor: Didn't Nor have a son, somewhere, too? I mean, I guess not, but it is surprising, considering the lifespans and everything that he would make sure he had a successor to his line after taking power.

Lois stripping Kal naked and feasting on him. I can't really elaborate over here on the kinds of activities this idea of Lois suggested. Kal probably should have said 'okay, be my guest' and at back to enjoy goofy

Michael

PS: So, now it's fade to black and we come back 60 seconds later to a Kal, not knowing what had happened to him?

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Merriwether
Merriwether
“He was shot.”

“Shot?” Kal said.

“Bullet to the head,” Tek said. “Right here.” He pointed to the space between his eyebrows.
I burst out laughing when I read this, and said, out loud, "Well, that was easy!"

Here I've spent all this time wondering how many chapters we could squeeze out of Kal and Lois going underground as freedom fighters and wondering how in the world they were possibly going to save New Krypton's people from such a tyrant, let alone stop a civil war ...

And you just shot the bastard and got it over with.

I think I love you. drool

I can see it now ... the next chapter going to open with Kal and Lois on the ceiling of the cave. thumbsup

Top Banana
Top Banana
Absolutely brilliant. thumbsup thumbsup

This *is* my happily ever after.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Laura Thanks for your comments, Laura.

Yeah, I thought it was important that neithr Lois nor Kal actually pulled the trigger to get rid of Nor.

Mel Glad you liked it. I can't really say too much more.

Thanks!

bakasi Uhmm. Kal's memory. We should do something about that, shouldn't we? wink

Thanks.

Ann

Imagine that Lois killed Nor, when she intercepted the bullet that was meant for Kal! And the ricochet killed Nor! If that is not poetic justice, what is?
Glad you liked it! laugh

I remember saying many FDKs ago that Nor was little more than a prop. He had a purpose - to annul Kal's marriage. Once he'd done that, I didn't think we needed him any more.

And it was the stupid git's own fault - he insisted on getting up close so he could witness Kal's death firsthand.

But he reckoned without the Woman of Steel!!

Thanks, Ann.

lcfan Glad you liked the wedding. Lois visited Riz and they talked about weddings - little did Lois realise she was actually shaping her own wedding.

Thanks for leaving FDK.

Michael Good point, Michael.

Nor does have a son, but the mantle passes to Ching.

The reason they were willing to wait 16 years for Kal was that he was the only one of mixed blood. The alternatives - Ked or Yent were too closely aligned with one side.

Now Kal has been deposed and has no heir, there is no one of mixed blood. And, thanks to Kal, things are a little more stable.

I'll make this clearer earlier in the fic when I edit it for the archive.

Kathy

I burst out laughing when I read this, and said, out loud, "Well, that was easy!"
I remember telling Iolanthe I was little worried about how easily some of the problems would fix themselves.

Here I've spent all this time wondering how many chapters we could squeeze out of Kal and Lois going underground as freedom fighters and wondering how in the world they were possibly going to save New Krypton's people from such a tyrant, let alone stop a civil war ...

And you just shot the bastard and got it over with.
rotflol

I didn't need him anymore and didn't want to waste one more word on him. laugh

Lois is taking this treason stuff awfully well.
That's true.

But she doesn't really care that much about the position of Supreme Ruler. She loves Kal the person and quite honestly, she wasn't sure all the pressure to provide an heir was really worth it.

She understands his commitment to the people, but other than a few individuals, she doesn't really share that.

However, more is coming.

But how could Lois cause Nor's death? Unless ... oh, man, did the bullet bounce off of her shoulder and hit Nor between the eyes?? An amazing (and fortuitous, ha!) accident ... but definitely a big mess to get out of!
I empasised that Nor got in really close to Kal. The commotion after the bullet was also caused by the fact that Nor had dropped - but Lois and Kal were too engrossed in each other to notice.

The ceiling of a cave? That doesn't sound too comfortable. wink

Thanks, Kathy.

HappyGirl Glad you liked how things worked out.

Thanks!

Corrina.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I can't believe I haven't got around to commenting on this part yet!! Needless to say clap clap So Lois!!

Despite what I said above, Corrina, I know wherever you take this fic next you know it and the characters best. It will fit perfectly and be wonderful!!

Em

"There's a fine line between brilliance and lunacy" - CK to LL(Madame Ex)
Top Banana
Top Banana
“Nor’s dead,” Tek said.
thumbsup

One other note: A few parts back I thought you were heading for an ultra-long epic. Now it feels like we're approaching an end. whinging

Bob

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, that was just great! I'm hoping for an addition to the nfic side for the next part. If two people deserved a honeymoon, it's these two.
cool
Artemis notworthy notworthy notworthy jump jump

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Everyone keeps talking about how Lois and Kal will be going to the Earth. I never saw that coming, probably because I'm way too astronomy-conditioned to think that that sort of light-year-long return trip is possible for humans. I've learned that if you manage to transport yourself to a planet several light-years away from your place of origin, then you can never go home again. At best you can manage to get yourself back to your planet, but you will find when you arrive there that your friends and family have all died of old age long ago. That is because the only scientifically possible way for short-lived humans to travel between two solar systems in space is to move so close to the speed of light that your own "personal time" slows down, while time back home keeps ticking at its usual pace. So while you may possibly go back home to your planet, you will arrive there far into the future, when everyone you used to know is dead.

[Linked Image]

In space time is out of joint, as Hamlet would have said!

Okay, but if but if everyone agrees that Lois and Kal are going to the Earth, even Corinna, then I guess it must be true. (Like someone said, this is a fantasy, not science, and it's not Einstein that's writing it!) One thing, though. I'm sure I'm a minority of one here, but I hope that Kal will not become superpowered on the Earth. I mean, I really liked the idea that Lois became superpowered on New Krypton, because that was a reversal of Clark's and Lois's normal roles. But if both of them become superpowered when they go to the other one's planet, and then lose their powers when they go back home again, then I just can't wrap my mind around it. It doesn't make sense to me. Maybe we should all relocate to Mars? We'd all be Superman and Ultrawoman there.

But like I said, I'm sure everyone else here would love to see Kal soar in the skies of the Earth, maybe wearing that tight-fitting black suit... wink

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
Corrina,

I'm coming a little late to this feedback thread, so there's not much I can say that hasn't already been said. It's pretty much a case of "What everyone else said!" You know I love, love, love this story. goofy

I cannot wait to see what happens next! I'm glad to see you hint in the feedback threads that Kal might be getting his memory back, I've already said (repeatedly) that I want them back on earth, and yes, I'd love to see Kal (who, by the way, has just about completely morphed into Clark now) become Superman!

- Vicki

PS - Ann, Mars may be a red planet, but it's still in our yellow sun's solar system.

Why the type of star a planet has would generate such a strange mix of powers never made sense to me to begin with, but I just go with the flow here.

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm also late, but wanted to let you know how much I've adored the past couple of parts. I love Eb, Riz and Tek. You've really made them wonderful examples of what the new Kryptonian society can become if given half a chance. I know that others want Lois and Kal to escape to earth and for Clark to regain his memories of life (and I'm with them), but I don't want them to rush off. This society needs a major overhaul and although all the seeds have been planted (by Lois, mainly) I think they need Lois around for a little longer to make it happen.

Ann said:
One thing, though. I'm sure I'm a minority of one here, but I hope that Kal will not become superpowered on the Earth.
I think this is a foregone conclusion, Ann. Based on what Kal told Lois about 'hiatus' causing him to become invulnerable and it eventually wearing off, unless it was just a red-herring to make us believe that Kal had spent his first 15 years on earth, then his exposure to earth's yellow sun had given him the super powers. I imagine that if they find their way back (exile off-planet is as good as a death sentence, isn't it?) then Clark's invulnerability will surely return.

Aren't we due for another chapter? Like yesterday, or something.
grovel

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Emma

I appreciate that it's their wedding night, and over on this side there does have to be a fade-out moment, but not so soon
We are going to fade-out and it is going to be fairly innocent - in line with Kal's (lack of) experience and the overall tone of the fic.

But they are stuck in a cave, so there should be other opportunities to ... ah ... explore.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Tek,” Kal said quietly. “I offered my life.”

“I know, Sir.”

“If ... when it happens, Tek … would you look after Lois?” Kal said earnestly. “Would you make sure she is cared for and protected?”
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even though there have been many assurances that he will be ok and they will live happily ever after, this was still very serious and sad. That Kal is still so resigned to his fate, as if the wedding is going to be a momentary glimpse of true happiness.
Kal started his sentence with 'if' not 'when'. He quickly changed it, but it was meant to be significant. He just wants it so badly.

There have been some amazing LOL lines in this ultimately very feel-good fic, but I think this tops them all. She's been holding those thoughts in for a while.
This was just too good an opportunity to let pass. When else does a couple get to say completely private vows to each other at their wedding?

Thanks, Emma.

Bob

I was surprised here by Kal's lack of understanding. Even if he hadn't caught on earlier, I would have expected him to figure out what was going on when Ching tried to claim Za when her marriage to Cal was dissolved.
Until very recently, Kal had no idea marriage included love. Ching's birth wife died, he isn't married - it was a reasonable solution.

And Kal had a fair bit else on his mind!!

Thanks, Bob.

Artemis Thanks, Artemis.

I'll try to give them a good honeymoon.

Ann Good point re the time it takes to travel through space. However, Lois got from Earth to New Krypton relatively quickly. (I'm not saying this is realistic, but very little of the science in this fic has been believable!)

Thanks, Ann.

(Nice pic, BTW)

Vicki

I'd love to see Kal (who, by the way, has just about completely morphed into Clark now) become Superman!
The weirdest thing happened. Before Kal stood before that wall, he was Kal as I wrote. Since then, he's been Clark.

It was always my intention for Kal to become more like Clark (being around Lois would do that), but I didn't expect to lose Kal so completely and so instantly.

Thanks, Vicki.

Brenda

Based on what Kal told Lois about 'hiatus' causing him to become invulnerable and it eventually wearing off,
The hiatus turned everyone invulnerable, not just Kal. It's one of the things I'll make clearer when I edit for the archive.

Aren't we due for another chapter? Like yesterday, or something.
Yes.

But my country has been involved in a Test Match (cricket) which sort of distracted me.

And in trying to write 34, I realised I had to get some later things really straight in my own mind or I would end up having to rewrite 34.

However, 34 is done and I'll send it to Iolanthe tomorrow, then post 32 ... hopefully <12 hours from now.

Thanks, Brenda

Corrina.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Something else that just popped up in my mind. Or, rather, popped up again. Now that Nor is dead, there's nobody left how actually *knows* that Kal had been Re-Set. And on the same note, aside form Yent, who actually knows about Re-Set on New Krypton. Maybe Kip has told his son. Maybe some Southside scientist. clap

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Merriwether
Merriwether
And in trying to write 34, I realised I had to get some later things really straight in my own mind
Which means that there are likely more than just a couple chapters left and it's not going to end in the next week.

party party party

I'm sure you're ready to see the end of the tunnel, Corrina, but from my point of view, you could just keep writing it forever and I'd be happy. laugh

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Brenda, you're right. It's a foregone conclusion that Kal will become superpowered on Earth, because he has obviously been on Earth before, which is why he was superpowered when he "woke up from his hiatus" (which he didn't since he was just given Re-Set, but never mind). And by the way, the mother and the father who miss their child are obviously Marta and Jonathan, who raised Kal (Clark?) after he was brought to the Earth from Krypton.

So Kal has travelled from Krypton to Earth to New Krypton, and now he is about to go to the Earth again. Talk about zipping and zapping this way and that back and forth in space! dizzy

Personally I prefer a Superverse where it is much harder to travel in space, because it seems to me that otherwise the people of New Krypton would all quickly and easily travel to Earth and become superpowered and take over our world. Of course we could travel to their bleak world and become superpowered and live on a planet that would do nothing for us, except give superpowers to every one of us. I guess I would rather be non-super and in control of my world on the Earth than I would be terrorized by a race of superbeings on the Earth, or be superpowered myself on New Krypton.

Ann

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard