Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Top Banana
Top Banana
Because in a society as sexist as this one, can you imagine the penalty for adultery? By the Supreme Ruler's wife, no less? This is Za's way of asking Kal's permission for her to have a lover on the side without him outing her and denouncing her child as a bastard, in the literal sense of the word.

This *is* my happily ever after.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Hey, thanks for all the FDK smile1

Emma Thanks for both posts!

Re your comments about Lois - I agree - she has lost so much. While her relationship with Kal was going well, it was easier for her to gloss over her grief.

Now, it has hit her - and she doesn't even have Kal to cling to.

I like that she's already thinking that marrying Kal is a certainty again, that they will sort it out somehow.
Thanks for picking up that. I put it in there to show that, despite everything, Lois still thinks she will marry Kal.

cookiesmom Glad you liked it!

Nor's plan ... they need to do something, don't they?

Thanks.

Kathy

I could feel Lois' pain and feeling of isolation.
Thank you - that's what I was trying for.

Laura Thanks for you comments, Laura. I'll try to keep the wait for 28 as short as possible.

Iolanthe No point having baddies if they aren't evil!! laugh

Ann Good solution, except ... it wouldn't work.

There will be *contact* between Nor and Lois. Sort of.

I'm glad some of it makes more sense now. laugh

Remember, when Lois said 'Earth', Kal heard the Kryptonian translation, which may not be the same. Here on Earth, we can't even call another country what the inhabitants of that country call it.

Well, the fact that she realizes this at all is a good place for her to start making things better! I'm hopeful that Lois is up to it.
Lois will make a *statement*. Kal will find it more than enough.

Kathy

The little hamster in my mind not only fell off the wheel but began jumping around like crazy,
What have you been feeding her???

Carol Thanks. Can't say anything else.

Aretmis Thanks - glad you liked the twist.

lcfan

You weren't kidding when you said this part would be a cliffhanger!
The next one is worse!

If he was on Earth, then what he sounds like without the Translator should be something like English.
Only if Re-Set didn't totally re-set.

Thanks for your FDK!

Amy

Wow, that was awesome! So if Tek learns about the Re-set, can he make an antidote??
That is an awesome idea.

Amber Lois and Za would be a great team.

Thanks!

Michael

I know it’s sad and everything but the ‘angry alien woman’ bit just cracked me up. I can just see the alien floating in her corner, holding her cat, and pointing her antennae the family at the table, snarling as she chews her chopsticks.
Ooh, nice picture, Michael. clap

You know, ‘Just say Noah’ – Female Hawk
Yep - definitely borrowed from the show there.

Did you tell us about re-set way back when?
No. Lois and Kal have no knowledge of it.

Nor did - but until this part, his thoughts were kept vague.

So, how long ago, exactly, was it. Is Nor jumping the gun? Or is the time really up, already
Kal has been the Supreme Ruler for over ten years - 125 months as Nor was well aware.

I thought about Krypton not having 12 months to a year (why would they?), but it added nothing to the story, so left it.

There's nothing wrong with Nor's timing - he's too obsessed to get that wrong.

I like your crazy idea, Michael.

Thanks for such wonderful FDK.

HappyGirl

I knew it, I knew it, I knew it! There was no way that Kal been put in animated suspension as an infant and woken up as a funcioning teenager. Ha!
In the FDK after Kal revealed his secret, there were certainly plenty who thought it was a little stretched. I could say very little without giving away too much.

And also: Now *that's* what I call an evil cliffy!
As already said, the next one is worse.

(But it gets better after that.)

Dandello Unless ...??

Thanks everyone.

I just sent 30 to Iolanthe.

28 ... maybe tomorrow.

Corrina.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I was re-reading this and two things caught my attention.

“Lois,” he said. “I’m -.”

The door flung open and four armed soldiers charged in.
This reminded me of the show. "Lois, I'm Super-" And then the phone rings! smile

Also I was thinking more about where Kal was raised, New Krypton or Earth. If he was raised on Earth by Martha and Jonathan, it seems very cruel to rip him away from them after 16 years. Kip doesn't sound like that type of person. It may have been a great way to protect him, but that just sounds cruel. So I think I'm leaning more towards the raised-in-seclusion-on-NK-by-Kip scenerio..... At least for now!

This story does leave you with a lot to think about. laugh

Edit:
I have another scenario. Maybe Kal was raised on Earth by Jor-El and Lara. Kryptonian would have been his native language, but he also would’ve learned English to blend in with other people. He would have been taught all about Krypton. Jor and Lara would’ve understood that Kal would have to be returned to New Krypton, as he is the only one who could unite the North and the South. Regardless, that would be one of the hardest things for a parent to do. That would make Jor and Lara the grieving parents under a yellow sun.
Like I said, lots to think about! smile1

Perry: (To Lois) Honey, this could be greatest story since Superman came to town. By-the-by, where is that husband of yours?
--Faster Than a Speeding Vixon
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I love all the speculation between parts. You're good at the cryptic FDK-FDK Corrina, I'm more intrigued than ever now!

Part 28 ready yet?! - not that I could ever be called impatient. grovel laugh Like I've said before, I'm so torn between being desperate to know what happens next and never wanting this fic to end.

Em smile

"There's a fine line between brilliance and lunacy" - CK to LL(Madame Ex)
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Corrina, it's already way into 'tomorrow' in Australia, isn't it?

/sits there, willing part 28 to magically appear/

Michael

PS: No pressure, but only one part already back from BR and one more part with BR will not be considered sufficient cause for a decrease in posting frequency. That's canon law, written in the second and fifth volume of the North and South Kryptonian Law, respectively. You see, both sides have been very considerate as far as fic-addicts are concerned.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Dandello Unless ...??
I was just thinking - in a society as patriarchal and misogynistic as this one seems to be, Za would have a good reason to prove she wasn't infertile. In fact, I'm surprised someone hadn't already made the suggestion to Kal that he take a second wife some time ago - not Nor, obviously, but someone else. Of course, it's also possible that Za has been given contraceptives on the sly.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
lcfan Two well-thought out scenarios.

Thanks.

Emma

You're good at the cryptic FDK-FDK Corrina,
I've discovered how hard it can be to respond without appearing to agree or disagree!!

Michael

Corrina, it's already way into 'tomorrow' in Australia, isn't it?
It probably was, but I usually sleep for the first 7 or so hours of each day!

As for your PS - rotflol

Dandello

In fact, I'm surprised someone hadn't already made the suggestion to Kal that he take a second wife some time ago
None of Kal's concubines have had children either, so it would be a reasonable assumption that getting a second wife may not get the desired child.

Thanks Dandello,

Corrina.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
The side that had been damaged by her father’s defection from the family. The side that had been broken by Paul and then crushed by Claude.
Poor Lois now I understand why she reacted that way when Clark met Zara.

I nearly forgot that I stopped reading this due to the lack of time. Now I can't understand how I could forget this wonderful story. clap

Kathryn
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard