Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
KathyB Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Oh, Tank, you sneaky man, you! You just increased Clark's brain cell count twenty fold with this ingenious plan, LOL. Very funny, and very clever. Two thumbs up. thumbsup thumbsup

Kathy

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
rotflol

This was SO hilarious! I was laughing from beginning to end. That was a brilliant idea. Although I don't know if Clark can keep up the charade tomorrow when Lois has a chance to think more about it!

Perry: (To Lois) Honey, this could be greatest story since Superman came to town. By-the-by, where is that husband of yours?
--Faster Than a Speeding Vixon
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
* me laughing out loud*

Lois was beginning to grind her teeth. She felt like a fool, and she didn't like that feeling. The fact was, she hadn't known that Clark was Superman. She hadn't even entertained the possibility, and in hindsight, she should have. What kind of investigative reporter was she? In a way, Clark was correct. With her reputation, and her abilities as the top reporter in Metropolis, there should have been no way that she wouldn't have ferreted out Clark's dual identity.
Great job, Clark! How can Lois be mad at you when she's more mad at herself!

"Look, I know that I've been pretty successful keeping my actions as Superman, and my life as who I am, Clark Kent, separate and a secret from the world at large, but I knew that I would never really fool you. Let's face it, we work together every day. No one knows me like you do. Hey, you're Lois Lane, it's not like I ever had a chance of keeping you in the dark about my extracurricular activities."
That's right, butter her up! And, given the canon, if Lois is such a great reporter, why didn't she figure it out sooner? She was the one who was closest to both identities!

"Of course I used my powers around you. I had to be circumspect because I could never be sure how alone we might be. Which is why I never mentioned anything out loud. But you can't tell me you weren't aware of how we conveniently *found* so many secret rooms, or hidden desk drawers. And then there were all those faulty chains and poorly tied ropes that just happened to be used to secure us when we were caught."
*me laughs harder and harder*

Lois noticed a frown begin to crease Clark's forehead. "Wait a minute. Are you trying to tell me that I've been wrong all this time? That you really didn't know that I was also Superman?"

"What?" Lois had to suppress a cough. "Of course not. I knew early on that my Mr. Green Jeans partner secretly moonlighted in tights."
Sure, Lois. That's your story and you're sticking to it! Great job, Clark, of avoiding the angst!

"If you knew, why didn't you say anything? Why didn't you tell me you knew?"

Lois suddenly felt her throat constricting. "Ah... well, I wasn't sure that you knew that I knew and I didn't want to worry you." She almost smiled in triumph over her quick thinking.
*me falls on floor laughing at this great fic!*

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
I like this one, Tank. It's up to your usual standards, and yet one of the most unique approaches I've seen.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
So funny! And what a great twist - Clark with a brain!

Thanks Tank!

Amber

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Haha! It reminds me a little bit of those comics way back when, when Superman might grow a brain so big that his head was three time its usual size and all brainy-gray! Except, back int the comics Clark would always find a way to make sure that Lois didn't know that Clark and Superman were the same person! So here in this fic Silver Age Clark would have... I don't know, secretly cooled off the tea with his super-breath and made Lois think that one of his quirks was to drink cold tea?

Ah well, I like this solution so much better! Go Tank! clap

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
clap Cute. Fun. I would have never thought of that approach.

The only problem is that this is WAY too smart for Clark. dizzy This Clark obviously came from a version of Krypton where Jor-El used some sort of padding around baby Kal-El's head during the space trip.

Bob

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful. But at some point Lois is going to kill Clark.

Framework4
Top Banana
Top Banana
The best defense is a good offense, right, Clark? clap

I agree, though; this is way too quick thinking for Clark. (Where's the skeptical icon?)

And I liked Lois's little self-revelation slipped in the middle just to throw us off the trail.

This *is* my happily ever after.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Brilliant! What a great idea! I can't believe in all this time no one has come up with that angle. What a smart boy Clark is! LOL! I loved it! Good job Tank, you are thinking on your feet with this one. Fantastic fic! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
New Tankfic. /goes and puts on crash-harness in case this is going to tank/

Lois Lane found that she was starting to get winded.
Did her hair grow too heavy to jog with?

How had she wound up over here?
Hmmm...

Not since that time last year when she'd been mugged and a couple of kids had run off with her wallet.
Now that's strange. What about her black belt?

She took off at a sprint toward Clark's place.
Takes this line and adds title, comes up with 'Lois is going to figure something out'.

Lois stayed under the hot shower until she nearly fell asleep. Stepping out onto his bathmat, she reached for the larger towel. She wrapped it around herself, then gathered her wet clothes and draped them over the shower curtain rod.
Wonder when she's going to stumble upon Clark.

Could he explain it away?

"Only," her voice faltered as she pointed at him. "Only Superman can do that!"
Apparently not.

Suddenly a plan sprung to mind. He took a breath and turned toward Lois, his expression was one of mild amusement.

"Well, it's not like on the old TV show, 'The Greatest American Hero', the powers aren't in the suit." He gave her a quizzical look. "But you know that, Lois."
Ignoring her surprise?

"So, Lois, not that you aren't always welcome, but what are you doing here? Coming out of my shower no less."
And going on the offensive?

"Yeah, and I don't think I've ever actually thanked you for keeping my secret for so long. I know you're more than smart enough to have figured out how dangerous it might be for my parents and friends if that sort of information became public knowledge, not to mention what a nightmare my personal life would become."
Oh.

Lois grabbed Clark's hands between her own. "Wait a minute!"
Clark's able to talk Lois into a corner?

"Wait a minute. Are you trying to tell me that I've been wrong all this time? That you really didn't know that I was also Superman?"

"What?" Lois had to suppress a cough. "Of course not. I knew early on that my Mr. Green Jeans partner secretly moonlighted in tights."
Yes. Good idea. Denying everything. It always worked for Clark. clap And in keeping with the previous posters, Clark sure seems too smart. Maybe he and Lois got sort of switched out when it came to thinking on their feet and taking every excuse offered so one doesn't have to admit to anything?

On a different note. I wonder what would happen when some time in the future Lois figured out that Clark had played her. Could be fun evil

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Thanks to all the gentle readers and the kind words given here. I'm glad my little vignette was able to amuse some of you.

I think you all are selling Clark a bit short. It's not like he's some dummy, he just usually doesn't quite measure up to Lois. But that doesn't mean that he can't get 'inspired' once in a while.

Thanks again for your indulgence.

Tank (who says he might just try this story writing thing again some day)

Kerth
Kerth
Clark laughed. "That wouldn't happen. At worst I'd merely singe off most of your hair."
thumbsup

J wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
She, also, never took her credit cards with her anymore. Not since that time last year when she'd been mugged and a couple of kids had run off with her wallet.
I have to agree with Michael - given Lois's martial arts skills, she'd have wiped the floor with a potential mugger and left him moaning and curled up in a tiny ball.

Maybe her wallet was pickpocketed stealthily?

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great story, Tank!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I hate it, in that I-really-love-it kind of way. This is so sneaky and underhanded that I have the feeling it'll came back and bite somebody in the backside somewhere down the road.

BTW, Lois can indeed get mugged. One doesn't bring a knife to a gunfight, after all.

Also, I misread the scene where Clark comes in. I thought Clark was naked in the kitchen while Lois was naked in the bathroom. Am glad it didn't turn out to be *that* kind of revelation. When she started talking about how that was something only Superman could do, I knew he had to be in civvies. Elsewise she would have been too distracted to notice the bubbles in the cup.

Elisabeth
who is glad that Tank is writing again

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard