Next Thread
Print Thread
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Any comments very gratefully received.

Thanks

Em smile

"There's a fine line between brilliance and lunacy" - CK to LL(Madame Ex)
Top Banana
Top Banana
This is a promising beginning, Em. They both seem to be on the right track. Clark seems more self-aware than he was in the show. He realizes that he's been shutting Lois out and that they need to talk. And Lois knows that the reason for Clark's aloofness is Mayson's death, and also realized that they need to talk.

The trouble is that Lois knows that Clark is over-reacting to a friend's death. She's worried that it's because she was more than a friend. She has no way of knowing that it's because of his guilt. Clark has no reason to feel guilt over Mayson's death except for his Super abilities. So Lois can't really understand his reaction until she understands about Superman.

Of course, given the title, I've got to believe that there's going to be a good bit of angst involved before this all gets resolved. It can't possibly be as easy as "Lois, we need to talk." "I'm so glad you said that, Clark. I've been thinking the same thing." "Let's go the the Fudge Castle ans hash things out." "You're on, partner!"

Please just tell me that Scardino is not going to be part of it. razz

This *is* my happily ever after.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A good start! L & C both need to start communicating. Of course, without the angst of isolation and miscommunication, we wouldn't have any stories...

Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Thanks for the comments guys, they are really appreciated. sloppy

Yes, they are on the right track in theory, HappyGirl, but as good an idea as the Fudge Castle scenario is, since when have L&C ever quite managed the straightforward approach?! laugh

Just a word of warning, as this starts out as a 'Resurrection' re-write, it will feature Scardino, I'm afraid, in so far as the plot requires. I hope you can manage to tolerate him HappyGirl!

There will be plenty of angst along the way, Iolanthe, but I do believe in a happy ending.

Thanks again.

Em smile

"There's a fine line between brilliance and lunacy" - CK to LL(Madame Ex)
Top Banana
Top Banana
Just for you, Em, I will make a valliant effort to tolerate Scardino. grumble

He's actually not such a rotten guy. He's just going after what he wants. And he did bow out gracefully when Lois made her position clear in the show. It's not really his fault that Lois and Clark couldn't be more clear with each other about what was really going on. In fact, you could argue that Lois used him rather badly to boost her ego after Clark's distancing act.

Forewared is forearmed, as they say. :p

This *is* my happily ever after.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard