Print Thread
#66795 10/17/09 05:50 AM
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Party time!

Sorry, not really party time. But do let me know what you think.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow. I don't know *what* to think!

The thing is, I never agreed with Clark freezing Lois in the first place. Luckily, in the series, everything turned out OK, but it might not have been that way - as your story shows.

So, really, who's fault is it that Lois is acting this way? She has brain damage. Brain damage inflicted on her by Clark. True, he didn't *mean* to damage her brain, and yes, he did it to save two other lives, and yes, Lois asked him to. But still....

Very sad story. mecry I'm not too optimistic about the ending, either.

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
I have to agree with Vickie, I never liked the whole giving in thing. Freezing Lois was stupid and sorry but even for his folks Clark needed to draw the line someplace.

I am delighted with the way you are doing this,

Unfortunately, I can't promise that the toys will all be in perfect shape at the end.
After a year a complete turnaround by Lois still wouldn't be perfect shape.

So the only way I can see you wrapping this up with a happy ending at this point, with only one part, is with Lois's second speech.

“The doctor said that – that sometimes – sometimes the – the patient will come around. Sometimes whatever part of the brain that got hurt heals itself. It takes time – a lot of time – and all we can do is – is just wait it out.”
I can see that happening in an instant. 7:05 PM Lois is still the Frozen B- and 7:35 PM the last strand in the healing process connects and she's back. But doesn't understand or recognize that she's been different or that she's back.

It was her second Kerth of the night, and he wondered if she’d prepared another spontaneous speech similar to her first one.
If the final healing click took place between the two speeches the first hint Clark or Perry or anyone might be in the speech itself.

similar to her first one
We didn't get to hear the first one. Dollars to Donuts this one is different.

Framework4
R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
How sad this situation is. I agree with the others and I thought the whole plot line of the show was ridiculous and S gave it way to easy.

I am surprised that Clark is not showing more guilt in this part. Although he seems to be so mad and he is doing whatever to protect his heart.

Looking forward to seeing how you bring this to a conclusion.

Kathy
www.chili-everyway.com
Have it your way, every way

robinson
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, Lois upgraded from nasty.
[Linked Image]

As Lucy stomped towards the elevator without further comment, Clark pondered how well the sisters would get along now, since both of them seemed to be in full-blown porcupine mode.
Oh, the happy thoughts...

She poked him in the chest with her index finger. “Go away and leave me alone, Kent! You come near me again and I’ll have you arrested for sexual harassment!”
Yeah, she'd still need grounds for that...

Lois had stolen his story.

Again.
At least Perry knows.

“About the page one story you snuck in last night after I left.”

“Oh. That.”

“Yes. That.”

She crossed her arms and glanced at the ceiling, then looked back at Perry. “No.”

Perry leaned on his desk with both hands. “Then, do you have anything to say to Clark?”

She turned and looked him up and down. “Nice tie. Is it new?”

Clark clenched his fists and took one step towards her. “Lois!”

“What? Geez, you two are really wound up over – “

“You stole my story!”

She looked at him blankly for a moment, then the light of comprehension dawned in her eyes. “Oh, that. Well, you shouldn’t leave your computer unsecured when you leave the newsroom. It’s in the employee guidelines.”
What the...

“And it should win me another Kerth!” screamed Lois.
Now she sounds like a spoiled four-year-old.

She slowly put her hand on Perry’s extended limb and pushed it down. “I promise you, Perry, if you print any kind of correction, I’ll sue you, the paper, Franklin Stern, Kent, and anyone else who looks like a target. And you won’t like the end result.”
Again, grounds?

Okay, that's not the sweet but nasty. That's Lord Lu'thor having found a new host after the old one did not come out of the sarcophagus again. I sure hope the audience at the Kerths brought umbrellas because they're going to be covered in pea soup.

I've now revised my expectations from happy party time with a cattish Lois to full-blown anxiety mode and wondering how you're going to fix the shelf you ripped from the wall smashed the dolls with dizzy

Michael, crawling into a corner and whimpering like a scared little FoLC

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ouch! whinging However, I have to wonder why you started this story at the Kerth ceremony, so I'm sill holding out hope.

I'm with the rest on the sheer idiocy and irresponsibility of Clark freezing Lois in the first place. If his parents had died, that would have been terrible but it would have been Mazek's fault. The fact that Lois got turned into the Bitch From Hell is, in fact, very much Clark's fault. He is reaping what he sowed.

I can only imagine that the grounds for suing the Planet would be that Lois was injured while on duty. It would make a self-defeating lawsuit, though. "I'm suing you all for turning me into a bitch." That would do wonders for her reputation.

I seems that not only is Lois a sociopath, she doesn't even have real self-respect any more. If she did, she wouldn't care about winning an award that she knows she didn't earn. wallbash

If she does come back to her senses, I hope you will give Clark a little time before he trusts her again. Even if he knows in his head that she isn't really responsible because of the brain damage and that it was his fault to begin with, he's still got a lot of hurt feelings to get over. He won't be able to turn on a dime, even if she somehow does.

This *is* my happily ever after.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aarrghh.....

J
jwb Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
Wow! Just found this and I love it! Wish the last part was up.... (hint, hint)

--
Jeff
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Vicki, I didn't like the freezing thing either. The reason the writers did it was to show Lois' self-sacrifice, her shedding of her "Duh!" label, and the proposal - with, of course, next season's "Who's asking" climax. There's a much deeper discussion of this subject in the feedback for my story "She's" on the message boards. If you're interested, here is the story itself.

Framework4, you're quite the optimist. We'll see if she reverts.

Thanks for reading, Kathy. I'm glad you approve (sort of) that Clark has to protect his own heart.

I'm sorry I scared you, Michael. Maybe things will be better in the last chapter - and maybe not.

HappyGirl, I refer you to the earlier comment about the story "She's" and the discussion it sparked. This story is different in its outcome, but probably not in its cause.

Iolanthealias - yeah.

Jeff, the last part will be up very soon. Thanks for reading and commenting!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard