Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
FDK here!

Many thanks.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
This has been a wonderful story! Keep it up. smile

At first, I thought the mystery woman was Ellen. Now I don't think so. The end of this part talked about the husband accepting the loss of the child, of losing hope that the husband and wife would ever see their child again.

Lois has only been missing for a few weeks. Accepting that she will never come home would take years.

I see two possiblities. One, it could be Martha. Perhaps Kal was sent to Earth for a few years before being sent to New Krypton. Maybe there was a threat on his life. Maybe he was never told that it was Earth. However, if he doesn't understand the concept of a smile, this seems unlikely.

I think it's most probable that the woman is Lara. She and Jor-El didn't think they'd survive. Maybe they are on some other planet. Didn't the earlier post state that she had a yellow sun? Maybe they are on Earth?????

Perry: (To Lois) Honey, this could be greatest story since Superman came to town. By-the-by, where is that husband of yours?
--Faster Than a Speeding Vixon
Blogger
Blogger
/me agrees with lcfan.

I've thought the mother figure was Lara ever since she made her first appearance in the story.

Other than that, I can't say much more at this point than that I still think the story is wonderful, and I've said that so many times about this story that I think I'm probably starting to sound like a broken record.

It no longer engenders the 'oh my god, give me more RIGHT THIS MINUTE' feeling in me, but it's a beautiful, heartwarming love story with a unique, and well-portrayed twist to it nonetheless. I'll definitely keep reading.

You can gaze at the stars, but please don't forget about the flowers at your feet.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oy, such torture! A whole new part before I find out what happens with Lois and Kal goofy

I'm leaning towards Lara and Jorel for now as our mystery couple...maybe everyone just thought Krypton was going to explode, so they sent a contingency team away...that's my wild theory for the day.

Great part!
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Well, Corinna, I wrote in my FDK for the previous chapter that Kal and Lois aren't skittish as their romance progresses. Ah, but look at them now!

[Linked Image] razz

And Jib's sister has been killed by her "master"!
“He's a Regal Noble. She was his concubine.”

“But surely that doesn't mean he can kill her?” Kal wouldn't allow that. Surely.

“He said it was an accident.”

“But ... you said she was bashed.”

“Yes.”

“How could that be an accident?” Lois demanded.

“He said it was an accident,” Jib repeated. “I didn't say we believe him.”
I need "puke" icons! I need several of them!

Maybe this one...

[Linked Image]

But who was the Noble who killed Jib's sister?

“So who was he?”

“Lord Nor.”
<puke> <puke> <puke>

But Kal had claimed Jib and her sister to keep them safe from Lord Nor. In the same way, he had claimed Lois. Lois, you are right to love him.

On a side note, I do find it very interesting that the ordinary NKers marry and have children, but the Lords don't procreate. That's a very unusual system. The only comparable system I can think of is the Catholic Church. At times, the Catholic Church has been so dominant that it has been the strongest force of an entire society, but while the ordinary people of that society have married and procreated, the priests and bishops of the Catholic Church have not.

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
But the underlying reason for the RC bishops and clergy to remain childless had to do with property and inheritance rights (on several levels). A priest with children would divert Church funds for their support - what other job would he have to support them? - and the children of a high level official could make claims against Church property.

Also the clergy was one of the places the younger sons of nobility were put - as a priest, they wouldn't be as much of a threat to their older brothers.

It is unlikely a society could survive with a non-procreating nobility. A more likely scenario is that the parents are charged with teaching their children about sex but Kal never had that opportunity. Chances are Za will inherit Kal's property as his wife, whether or not she has children by him so she doesn't care, and nobody else is going to take the responsibility for clueing Kal in.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Merriwether
Merriwether
re: TOC's comment -- Does the story say that Lords don't procreate? Or are you just assuming because Kal hasn't done so? I may well have missed something (it's hard to read slow when I just want to devour this story!) but I thought that all we know so far is that Kal doesn't have children himself. I don't remember anything being said about whether the other Lords do.

This story continues to delight and enthrall me. Yes, I know I sound like a broken record, but it does. I'm so glad we got to meet two of the other three concubines and find out their stories. And I'm so glad that Lois clued in immediately on what their history with Kal meant. And that Lois has figured out that Lord Nor isn't just any Lord, but one that she really wants to be careful of. Not that this might stop Nor from trying to use her to get to Kal (isn't that a requirement in an L&C story? goofy ) but at least she knows to be wary of him.

Though because I'm greedy, I still want to meet C1 and find out her story, LOL. I'm guessing she was chosen for him when he was quite young -- soon after his marriage at 16, perhaps? Hopefully we'll get to find out for sure at some point. smile

I'm not going to make any specific guesses about the identity of the mother, though I did catch Kal's hesitancy when looking at Lois's writing and got the impression he might have found it familiar somehow. If so, then that is a huge twist and I can't wait to find out what it all means!

Oh, and in closing I'll just add that I wasn't sure what excited me more today -- that we had a new part to read, or that in your last feedback response you said that the secret would be revealed somewhere around part 14, which tells me that we are only about 1/3 of the way through this incredible story. As much as I want to greedily devour it all right now, the idea that we'll be reading new parts for weeks makes me very, very happy. thumbsup

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, great part. More soon! I have a bet with myself who the mystery couple on another planet is, but I'll wait and find out!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
She ran away from him mecry . I knew she would do at some point. I can see why, she knows how strong her feelings are for Kal but in so many ways, despite their connection, he's still such a mystery to her and she's never sure if she's pushing boundaries too far.

It was heartbreaking how lost Kal felt when she left and how he wanted her to come to him and she wanted him to send for her. They're both so confused. They need to talk some more - now! Oh well, I'm sure this period of being apart will only make it all the sweeter when they are reunited and Lois explains what the mouth-touch means and why it is done on earth!!

Lois' questions must have seemed so strange to the new-kryptonions, especially poor Tek, but it was a nice flash of the reporter in her, her motive mainly being to dig for information on Kal, in particular his experiences with women, and of course quite likely the possibilty of them being 'compatible.' wink

It was sickening what she learned about Lord Nor, but I liked that she had her instincts about Kal's compassion confirmed by another party.

As you can tell, I'm still enjoying this as much as ever and hoping it won't be long before they seek each other out again.

I think all the theories about the couple who have lost their child are probable, I bet it will be a while before we find out though!

Oh and I forgot to mention, the kissing scene - wow! notworthy

Emma

"There's a fine line between brilliance and lunacy" - CK to LL(Madame Ex)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh I was so happy to see this but I am greedy and I want more more more now! the kiss so nice yet so short. I want to know more about the kiss. I want to know what happens next with them. More soon please! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
lcfan Thanks for your thoughts. I like your logic.

I just have one question (which may or may not be relevant to the fic) ... are you sure Earth time=Krypton time? wink

Pedendang Thanks for all you FDK, Pedendang.

I'm glad someone has finally told me who they think the mother is!

Shadow Part 9 isn't all that big, so I've posted it already.

Thanks for your FDK.

Ann There had to be a little skittishness, Ann! Kal is an alien leader *and* he's married.

Thanks for your pics. My 10yo son loved the pumpkin one!

Dandello Thanks for your FDK - which goes into areas I didn't even think of.

Kathy You will hear C1's story! (And yes, being C1, she was taken first).

OK - regarding progress. I've just posted part 9, I've received Part 13 back from Iolanthe and Part 14 is just about ready to send to her.

However, the secret will be after 14.

I recently told Iolanthe I thought it would be 17/18 parts in total, but already, I'm thinking 20 will be closer to the mark.

Having said all that, Kathy, I just wanted to say how much I appreciated your comment. You've said some wonderful things about my fic - but for me, the most amazing compliment is that you're hoping my story is longer rather than shorter. smile1

Artemis Does a bet with yourself mean you have to win it whatever happens?!?

Thanks for reading and leaving FDK.

Emma Thanks, Emma.

You're right, there has to be a couple of obstacles on the path of true love. However, they're back together again in Part 9.

Laura Part 9 is posted.

Yes, the kissing scene was short - but you can be sure it won't be the only kiss in the fic!

Thanks everyone.

Corrina.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Corrina, after the last part, I couldn't help but wonder if the mother isn't C2/3's mother. At least, until I read the line about the husband. Unless it is completely unusual of Kryptonians to acknowledge the other sex unless it is absolutely necessary.

I'm with Ann on the deer imagery. But at least you won't let them circle each other for eons before they actually talk, right? Right? Oh wait, there's part 9 up so I can go check.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I loved the mouth-touch, and the second mouth touch... so beautiful

Had he never kissed anyone before?
It seems that she is right, poor Kal ...

Your story is great, but I'm anxious to find out what Nor is planing!

Kathryn

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard