Thank you. smile

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
No, tank koo. I am loving this story. love

Top Banana
Top Banana
What inspiring and beautiful words.

And, yeah, they should definitely do that some more. love

I love the complete lack of guile between these two.

Can't wait for more.

This *is* my happily ever after.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
AAAAAAAAA! Wow! That was progress. I'd really like her to do it again too! More more more! hyper Love it. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Merriwether
Merriwether
love

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What everybody said. More soon. Just FYI, we call underground lakes "aquafers", but it was probably clearer to Kal to say "underground lake".
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Delightful. sloppy

I love how Lois and Kal are so naturally not-skittish in their interaction. They are shy, they are uncertain, they are scared, but they are not skittish. They don't bolt like frightened deer as soon as it seems as if their relationship might be turning into the realm of love. Of course, Kal doesn't know what "love" is, but Lois does, and yet she isn't running away. (Of course, she has nowhere to run, but even so... she does trust Kal. I love seeing it.) sloppy sloppy sloppy

Ann

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow, what a lovely chapter smile1

I love the way they are discovering more about each other and their backgrounds all the time and you can just feel the electricity every time they touch even slightly. drool

So, we've found out quite a bit more about the history of Krypton (which is so well thought out by the way) but we still don't know what Kal's secret is. It can't be long before he tells Lois surely, and maybe it won't be all that bad or shocking to her, he just percieves it to be.

Once again, will be watching out eagerly for more and I can't wait for Lois to explain what kissing is to Kal! blush

Emma

"There's a fine line between brilliance and lunacy" - CK to LL(Madame Ex)
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
What the others said. Goes looking for a mop.

I didn't see the war coming, especially between El and Ra.

Small nitpick: I couldn't help but check since I was remembering it differently, but according to wiki, Lara is officially from the house of Lor-Van. But hey, nobody says that royalty marrying cousins is a bad thing laugh

About the clothes. After you mentioned that even north and south are forbidden to speak of and that they had spoken different languages and actually needed translators for communicating, I can't help but wonder if their clothing had also been distinctive. It should be, imho, since they where so completely opposing. So, is the gray-bag clothing style just another form of the government ensuring that the two sides don't single each other out on the streets?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Thanks for the FDK!!

cookiesmom Thanks for reading and commenting. Glad you're enjoying it.

Happy Girl I'm enjoying the lack of guile too - I like things straightforward!

Thanks for your FDK.

Laura Thanks. I think Lois *may* be able to be persuaded to do it again!

Kathy Thanks for all your wonderful FDK, Kathy.

I'm so glad 'Clark' is coming through in Kal. This is still a 'Lois and Clark' story!

You'll have part 8 as soon as possible. smile

Artemis Thanks re aquafer. I remember the word being used in one ep of LnC (Clark editing Lois's copy?), but it's not really a word we Aussies use that much.

Ann Thanks for your FDK, Ann. I can't really reply too much more without saying something I don't want to say.

But I can say that I've really appreciated your interest in this story!

Emma Thanks, Emma. Glad the part was worth the wait.

Once again, will be watching out eagerly for more and I can't wait for Lois to explain what kissing is to Kal!
The problem is not explaining the kissing, but explaining what may come next blush

Michael Thanks, Michael.

Small nitpick: I couldn't help but check since I was remembering it differently, but according to wiki, Lara is officially from the house of Lor-Van. But hey, nobody says that royalty marrying cousins is a bad thing
According to the script, when Zara is trying to convince Clark that they really are married, they go to his spaceship and Jor-El speaks. He says his son is 'born of the House of Lo and into the House of El.'

To me, this seemed as if Lara was Lara-Lo.

But Zara is the House of Ra, so that made her Zara-Ra, or possibly, Za-Ra.

I decided to go with Za-Ra, which left me with La-Ra and the problem that Kal's mother and wife came from the same House.

I came up with a solution which will be revealed later.

I hope this makes sense, Michael. Thanks for raising it.

Also regarding the clothes - your assumption is correct. There were attempts to blend the two peoples so that the differences were less obvious. However, everyone knows who is South and who is North, so similar clothing didn't help much.

Thanks for all your FDK everyone. I'm so glad you're enjoying the ride as much as I am!

Corrina.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I was going to say that I love the names of the Kryptonians Houses, the House of El and the House of Ra. As many of you probably know, "El" and "Ra" are ancient names of gods. Different gods, I should point out.

[Linked Image]

Ra, the Egyptian Sun God, carrying the sun on his head. As for El, that would be an early name of the Judeo-Christian God. In Islam that god is called Allah.

I have said before that I think that the Kryptonians must be humans, because they look so perfectly human. Now it seems that they share, at least in part, old human religious beliefs. I have seen no sign of religious observations or ceremonies on New Krypton, so I'm not suggesting that "El" and "Ra" are worshipped as gods on New Krypton today. But it sure is suggestive that the Kryptonians would name their two high Houses after what was possibly the two most important gods on Earth a few thousand years ago.

Still not convinced that the Kryptonians are human, Corinna? Okay, I'm not trying to convince you! wink

Ann

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Ann Whether the Kryptonians are human or not is not actually a question I've thought about too much - I just write them as I see them in my head.

I was fascinated by the earlier discussion about human/not human ... but, for me, the answer is just not important.

So I guess each reader can come to their own conclusion.

This is vague (and I'm too lazy to go through and check the scripts), but didn't Jor-El say something about Earth people being similar enough to Kryptonians that Earth would be the best destination for his infant son?

Clearly there are similarities ... just as there are differences.

About the names of the gods ... it was never my intention to suggest any religious significance to the names of the warring Houses ... I just stole them from TNAOS. Now that you've pointed it out, it is entirely possible that the original writers had reasons for the names they chose.

As always, Ann, your comments bring vast knowledge and much interest to the discussion. Thanks!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh my god, puddle of goo I am!

[Linked Image]

The end.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
I am continually impressed by the amount of detail you write into your stories. Your words paint such vivid pictures.

I love this look into life on Krypton and New Krypton as viewed through the developing relationship between Kal and Lois.

And what an excellent time for Lois to jump in without checking the water level!

More soon please!
Amber

Top Banana
Top Banana
Happy's random thoughts of the day (and you know it's a good story when it stays in your head and generates random thoughts):

1. It is possible that no one on NK is producing children now because of the harsh condtions. Maybe they are all waiting to solve the water problem and have a China-esque policy, only it's a zero-child policy for the short term. But also....

2. Maybe part of Kal's secret is this: the north and south were seperate for so long that they have almost split into two genetic pools. They are like donkeys and horses in that they can breed (see Kal) *but* their offspring are not fertile with either north or south. So Kal cannot sire a child with anyone on NK. Except, it will turn out later, Lois. laugh

I know, way too complicated for FH's love story, but it just popped in there. Maybe it will at least give FH, who knows all, a good chuckle.

This *is* my happily ever after.
Blogger
Blogger
Just so you know I'm still reading and interested Corinna: hey, I'm still reading and interested! goofy

And now that that's settled: I think your idea is quite intriguing, HappyGirl, and I think it could work quite well in the context of this story. It may seem like an idea to sophesticated for a love story, but if you ask me, this particular love story has already shown a degree of sophestication not found in most fanfic that sells itself outright as a love story. So yeah... maybe.

Wait and see.

You can gaze at the stars, but please don't forget about the flowers at your feet.
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Another really nice chapter. I liked the part about the kryptonian history. It's so lovely that Kal and Lois find a way to each other and I'm really curious what Kal's secret is, that you mentioned in one of the former parts.

Great work!

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Shadow Thanks for your succinct - but very expressive - FDK!

Amber Thanks, Amber. Part 8 is posted.

Happy Girl Well, it certainly gave me a chuckle, Happy, but you're right - that is far too complicated. I did like the whole horse/donkey thing though. laugh

Pedendang Thanks for leaving FDK. HG's ideas could be the basis for another whole story ... but not this one.

bakasi Thanks.

Re the secret ... just like canon, it's going to take awhile. Estimate - about Part 14.

Corrina.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Great part!

I have an assumption about the person who took the globe, and I hope Kal gets it back.

They probably had the death penalty for a whole lot less than the unsolicited seduction of the Supreme Ruler.
Perhaps, but no one is allowed to talk about the Supreme Ruler... how would anyone find out? laugh

Kathryn
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Kathryn
I have an assumption about the person who took the globe, and I hope Kal gets it back.
Hey, if the fic includes a character called 'Lord Nor', and something is stolen, damaged, ruined or misused, there is every chance it is him!!! wink

Thanks for your FDK, Kathryn.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard