Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#66012 09/08/09 07:20 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Wow, Kathryn! This is an intriguing premise. At first I thought it was TOGOM. I wondered how Clark could let Lois suffer for weeks. mecry

But, here comes Wells to the rescue. Now I'm thinking, "okay, cute and fun but pretty predictable from here on."

But, wrong again! There's a new twist because Lois can't control her old body and is in danger of losing her new knowledge. And being forced to relive her least proud moments....argh! Pure torture! grovel

This *is* my happily ever after.
#66013 09/08/09 07:48 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow this has to be the most frustrating fic ever! Poor Lois has no control of her actions. She better get some soon! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#66014 09/08/09 09:04 AM
Blogger
Blogger
Refreshing take on time travel... smile .

I don't think I've ever seen it portrayed quite this way anywhere else, so kudos for a catchy new idea!

Eventually, they'll probably end up right where they should be, of course, but I'd like to see how you get them there. This could be interesting...

You can gaze at the stars, but please don't forget about the flowers at your feet.
#66015 09/08/09 08:19 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi Kathryn,

I've been away for a while and this was one of the first stories I saw upon my return. When I started reading it and saw that Clark was dead, I almost stopped without going further. (My angst fuse has a low amperage threshold.) But very quickly it felt familiar. This is there the sequel to "Hurt; Lois' story" isn't it?

Anyway, after working my way through the beginning, I was pleased to see that there is a chance to fix things. However, the idea that there is a delay where Lois has to be an observer in her old life is wonderful. Then the idea that she will only have a limited time to fix anything before her memories fade is also a great idea. So, the question becomes how big will the window be and what can she do during that time.

Neat ideas. clap I'm looking forward to the next part.

Bob

#66016 09/09/09 10:09 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Kathryn, I'm with Bob on the 'Hurt' smile Great to seeing this getting resolved. HG Wells took me completely by surprise, although why, I have no idea. Maybe because I expected this be a story with a permanently dead Clark dizzy

Looking forward to finding out how long Lois will be locked inside her body and when things will start to get muddy. Although, considering her wavering back and forth on accepting so she could spy on him makes me think it she has already started to lose her objectivity and hindsight.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#66017 09/09/09 11:45 AM
Blogger
Blogger
Kathryn,

This is a very intriguing and original idea! I can't wait to see where you go with it. More, now, please. grovel

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you've made up your mind that you just aren't doing anything productive for the rest of the day.

"It's Dean Cain, Grandpa. He lives in our chair." G.R.I.P.E.S
#66018 09/09/09 12:15 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Feedback!!! You made my day!

smile1

HappyGirl Thank you for giving feedback. I am glad that you are enjoying the story.
But, here comes Wells to the rescue. Now I'm thinking, "okay, cute and fun but pretty predictable from here on."
That is what I feared but I am glad that I could change your opinion. laugh

Laura Thank you for commenting.

Pendendang Thank you! This was inspired by a musicvideo ... I don't think it is online anymore. frown

Bobbart I'm glad you're back.
As for the question if this is the sequel to 'Hurt'... yes and no. I tried to stick to everything I wrote in the earlier stories but I made a few changes. I didn't realize it until later but I think it fits better this way.
Then the idea that she will only have a limited time to fix anything before her memories fade is also a great idea.
Thanks, that was the most difficult part to write for me, I hope you will like it.

Michael Thank you!
HG Wells took me completely by surprise
I am glad no one thinks 'Oh no, not another HG Wells story'
Maybe because I expected this be a story with a permanently dead Clark
...I like happy ends, so that wasn't an option for me. laugh

Anubis Thank you!

Part 2 comes Thursday or Friday, depending on my RL.

Kathryn
#66019 09/10/09 07:00 AM
Blogger
Blogger
It is now Thursday. Where's part 2?

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you've made up your mind that you just aren't doing anything productive for the rest of the day.

"It's Dean Cain, Grandpa. He lives in our chair." G.R.I.P.E.S

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard