Next Thread
Print Thread
#65903 09/03/09 04:50 AM
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Cat grinned, wickedly. "You're past attraction, Lois," she taunted. "You just want to drag him home, tear the suit off and lick whipped cream off his naked body, don't you?"

"No," Lois insisted aloud. Then under her breath, she muttered, "Chocolate syrup."
Snort-snort!!!! (blow nose)

Very funny. And don't tell me that Clark didn't super-hear that! I'd bet he doesn't sleep for two days!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#65904 09/03/09 06:45 AM
Blogger
Blogger
rotflol

A very fun and funny story, QotC. Bring on the chocolate syrup!

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you've made up your mind that you just aren't doing anything productive for the rest of the day.

"It's Dean Cain, Grandpa. He lives in our chair." G.R.I.P.E.S
#65905 09/03/09 08:13 AM
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
This was great. Kept me smiling the whole way through.

I particularly liked this line:

Just shut up!" Lois snapped, throwing her hands into the air. "I already learned my lesson, Cat. I don't need any more of your gossip-mongering."

"Oh, but it's what I do," Cat replied, bringing a hand to her chest and beaming. "I handle gossip, and you chase blindly after men in tights."
But there were so many that were funny.

#65906 09/03/09 11:30 AM
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
Very good job! It's exactly what I had in mind. smile1

I missed Cat after she left "Lois and Clark." She brought a lot of fun to the show, with her and Lois constantly going at it, and I think you did a very good job at portraying the fun element of Cat and Lois' relationship that I enjoyed so much on the show.

That woman will do *anything* if someone tells her Superman is involved.
Cat was actually pretty much right here.

Lois folded her arms. "I'll thank you not to spread any more lies about me around the newsroom," she stated.

Cat tilted her head back and laughed. "And what 'lies' would these be, Lois?" she asked once she had caught her breath and met Lois' eyes again.
Poor Lois. Unfortunately, Cat was not spreading lies about you.

"Do you mean that you didn't go on a hike to the Metropolis Sewage Reclamation facility?"

Lois shifted. "Well, no..." she conceded.
Very good job at forcing Lois to admit the truth. Sorry to say, Lois, but I think Cat already won this argument.

Lois' face burned. She dropped her hands to her sides, clenching her fists. "That---that's just---good journalism!" she sputtered. "Obviously, Superman is a big story, and--and it would be---irresponsible!--of me not to--you know, look into--into..."
You can really tell Lois is struggling to defend herself here.

"Just shut up!" Lois snapped, throwing her hands into the air. "I already learned my lesson, Cat. I don't need any more of your gossip-mongering."

"Oh, but it's what I do," Cat replied, bringing a hand to her chest and beaming. "I handle gossip, and you chase blindly after men in tights."
That was a pretty good comeback from Cat.

Cat snorted. "Please, Lois," she drawled, placing a hand on her hip. "Ever since Superman showed up, you've done nothing but drool over him like a sixth-grader with a crush. It's embarrassing, really."
It really was embarrassing at times.

Cat grinned, wickedly. "You're past attraction, Lois," she taunted. "You just want to drag him home, tear the suit off and lick whipped cream off his naked body, don't you?"

"No," Lois insisted aloud. Then under her breath, she muttered, "Chocolate syrup."
That was a funny line from Cat, but I thought Lois' line made it even better.

"Hasn't happened yet," Cat replied, giving her hips a shake and sashaying out the door.
Very funny!

Clark swallowed and compliantly turned to follow. "Um, Lois?" he squawked. "About Superman---"

She snorted. "Save it, Kent."
I liked the ending a lot. Thank you so much for writing this story. I know the review is fairly long, but I wanted to make sure I commented on everything I liked, which turned out to be almost every line of the story.

#65907 09/03/09 03:54 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Like Terry and Nancy, I laughed myself silly over the "chocolate syrup" line, and Clark's reaction to it. Forgive me for wondering, but when Clark tried to talk to Lois about Superman at the end of this vignette, could he perhaps have been hoping for a taste - or a feel? - of that chocolate treat? blush laugh

Ann

#65908 09/03/09 04:23 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I loved the whole thing, but especially the chocolate syrup line, AND Clark's reaction!

#65909 09/03/09 04:40 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Heh, poor Clark, undone by images of chocolate syrup.

I can just see him agonizing about this. "Keep my secret ... chocolate syrup ... keep my secret ... chocolate syrup ... I can't decide!"

#65910 09/03/09 05:16 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by Lois_Lane_Fan:
Very good job! It's exactly what I had in mind. smile1

YAY! I'm so glad you like! laugh

Originally posted by Lois_Lane_Fan:
I liked the ending a lot. Thank you so much for writing this story. I know the review is fairly long, but I wanted to make sure I commented on everything I liked, which turned out to be almost every line of the story.
Pfft. Long FDK is the best kind! smile

Forgive me for wondering, but when Clark tried to talk to Lois about Superman at the end of this vignette, could he perhaps have been hoping for a taste - or a feel? - of that chocolate treat?
Will it ruin the story if I say that I have no clue how Clark was going to finish that thought? >_>

I can just see him agonizing about this. "Keep my secret ... chocolate syrup ... keep my secret ... chocolate syrup ... I can't decide!"
...I'm going with this.

Thanks, everyone! hyper

~•~
#65911 09/04/09 01:10 PM
Blogger
Blogger
I feel a little superfluous repeating the obvious here, but let me just state for the record: I laughed out loud while reading this. Extremely funny!

And while I've read many other funny stories, I think this one stands out because it also has very spot-on characterizations of both Cat Grant and early-first-season Lois Lane.

Kudos for this one!

You can gaze at the stars, but please don't forget about the flowers at your feet.
#65912 09/04/09 04:15 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Everyone else already said (and said it better) the things that I was thinking.

But a quick fdk: It was a great story!

I'm always amazed at how you can write such a short, tight, taut, right-to-the-point story - and have it be hilariously funny. Truly wonderful.

#65913 09/06/09 10:24 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
This was hilarious, Mary. Made me grin and grin and nicker evilly clap

"No," Lois insisted aloud. Then under her breath, she muttered, "Chocolate syrup." She took a step back, bumping into something solid. Lois turned to find her partner standing behind her. "Clark?"
clap

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#65914 10/02/13 11:44 AM
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Decided to poke through the files before going home for the night and came across this. Great way to end the day--Thanks for the laughs!

Shallowford

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard